May 15, 2013
GA
Release date: October 10, 2017
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $29.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

6073208_sa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I must be the lucky one. No spine slash or dents. Just have a slight smudge on the finish but otherwise is minty.

Apart from the small spine cut my steel is mint. Its ok. Now the movie. WOW. So far the best UHD to date as far as audio and video quality. It is amazing.

Apart from the small spine cut my steel is mint. Its ok. Now the movie. WOW. So far the best UHD to date as far as audio and video quality. It is amazing.

I'm just curious about something, The European Edition that includes the 4K (FAC), will it be the same quality pressing for the 4K UHD ?
Are they all pressed by Warner or it is different movie companies ? (n):dunno: @C.C. 95 @paulboland

I'm just curious about something, The European Edition that includes the 4K (FAC), will it be the same quality pressing for the 4K UHD ?
Are they all pressed by Warner or it is different movie companies ? (n):dunno: @C.C. 95 @paulboland
Baby Driver is a sony pictures release
The release in some countries includes a separate bonus disc for the extras
The 4K UHD would be the same in all countries apart from maybe audio/subs differences

Baby Driver is a sony pictures release
The release in some countries includes a separate bonus disc for the extras
The 4K UHD would be the same in all countries apart from maybe audio/subs differences

But what I am confused about is if its the same in Picture and Audio Quality from country to country ? Are the Disks all pressed By Sony ? Are different companies pressing some Disks maybe affecting Picture Quality ?

• Thanks
Reactions: dfoles
Could be, but still....it would be like having a Bullitt poster art with Steve McQueen driving a Pinto...because the artist knew he drove a "car". Fix it!
Or like the cassette player for the Guardians of the Galaxy WWA art. Not even close to the actual headset Peter Quill has in the movie.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: C.C. 95
Good catch! There should be a thread for movie art not matching the movie details from the actual movie.
Maybe an overall Questionable Steelbook Designs thread. Like the back of Maleficent or how Batman Forever is the only of the 90's Batman movies with the symbol on the back and the poster art on the front.

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
@C.C. 95 hey Mate need some of your knowledge :p

The FAC European Edition that includes the 4K, will the 4K UHD Disk be the same Quality pressing as the North American Release ?
Without going into a lot of mumbo jumbo: Yes.
Think of a blu ray as a container. What matters is the source (the transfer elements).
If plants pressed faulty blu rays they simply would not work. It would not show up as a degraded picture, washed out image, bad sound, etc. - all of that has to do with transfer elements.
If a European disc came from a different master, then it would be different. But the majority of high profile major motion pictures will all be from the same elements regardless of country.
(The studios want uniformity of quality).
Some discs may offer more (adding languages, Atmos track, etc.) but that again, is simply just putting more stuff into the "container".
(And bit rates, are largely an issue of the past)
The face of the disc might have different art!
But quality wise - they should be identical.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Actarus