Release date: October 5th, 2015
Purchase link: Back to the Future
Price: £14.99
Note: Limited to 3,000 copies

Part of the Back to the Future Trilogy set:
Part I | Part II | Part III

11151007-1194311460920693.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say, I've never noticed that either. Universal produce some of the best Blu Ray discs out there.....

Universal are amongst the worst when it comes to catalog titles. Proof is already there.

Even their remastered catalog titled have some degree of noise reduction scrubbing that fine layer of film grain.

They had to depend on Paramount to restore and remaster Gladiator.

Reactions: lolwut
Universal are amongst the worst when it comes to catalog titles. Proof is already there.

Even their remastered catalog titled have some degree of noise reduction scrubbing that fine layer of film grain.

They had to depend on Paramount to restore and remaster Gladiator.

I have no doubt you are seeing it, i just cant see it myself and im more of a videophile than an audiophile (i cant tell the difference between 5.1 and 7.1 surround) the only things i noticed was obvious cgi in the scene in BTTF 2 where marty is crawling across the skylight to knock out those dudes and the scene where the car is stolen, when it lifts off i notice a faint square box around the car.

Only things ive noticed so far.

Reactions: digitalbabe
I have no doubt you are seeing it, i just cant see it myself and im more of a videophile than an audiophile (i cant tell the difference between 5.1 and 7.1 surround) the only things i noticed was obvious cgi in the scene in BTTF 2 where marty is crawling across the skylight to knock out those dudes and the scene where the car is stolen, when it lifts off i notice a faint square box around the car.

Only things ive noticed so far.
That's more down to the special effects of the time being used there.

Jaws, The Thing, Duel, I could go on with more top notch transfers IMO....

No idea what film you watched but i always thought the transfers for all 3 films was superb considering their age.

I have to say, I've never noticed that either. Universal produce some of the best Blu Ray discs out there.....

Lol Universal is notorious for treating their catalog titles like crap (artificial sharpening, DNR). There are exceptions like when Spielberg is involved but for the most part they're an embarrassment to film preservation. This has been going on for years and years.

And Back to the Future has been maligned for years for its poor artificially sharpened, typically Universal transfer. It looks good to the casual viewer because they want a smooth grain-free "HD" image, but one that's lacking in detail. Yes, it's much better than the DVD, but can and should look like much better, like film.

A boxset including all three of these would look amazing. I'm thinking something similar to the Flux Capacitor design. Perhaps a personal project. ;)

£6.99 each
Yes, indeed, good price @GBP 21 for all 3 but still better to get the trilogy with the extra disc for a couple of quid more IMO ('tis supposed to be limited to 1,000 . . . or is it 2,000 now . . . ?)

Well priced companions to the "BttF" standalones (in the GBP 5.99 - 7.99 range) ATM include the following:-
- THE BLUES BROTHERS
- GROSSE POINTE BLANK
- FACE/OFF
- GONE IN 60 SECONDS
- DEAD POETS' SOCIETY
- GOOD MORNING VIETNAM
- GANGS OF NEW YORK
- SERAPHIM FALLS
- PLANET HULK
- DR. STRANGE
- HULK VS.
- SWINGERS
- ONLY GOD FORGIVES
- ALPHA PAPA
- THE PROPHET
- THE ENGLISH PATIENT
- THE KILL LIST
- HERO
- THE DEPARTED
- HUGO 3D
- LOCKOUT
- A HISTORY OF VIOLENCE
- THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT
- WE WERE SOLDIERS
- THOR: TALES OF ASGARD
- 30 DAYS OF NIGHT
- THE ROAD
- THE EQUALIZER
- HELLBOY
- THE HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE
- THE EVIL DEAD
- 22 JUMP STREET
- LET ME IN
- UNKNOWN
- MOON
- DISTRICT 9
- THE SWEENEY
- EASY RIDER
- 13 ASSASSINS
- TAKEN 2
- BYZANTIUM
- COLD IN JULY
- DR. STRANGELOVE
- THE KARATE KID
- GHOSTBUSTERS
- BURIED
- SHAOLIN SOCCER
- 21 JUMP STREET
That's about 50 steels at well under half their pre-order prices and maybe a good lesson to be learnt . . . ?