Purchase link: Back to the Future
Price: £14.99
Note: Limited to 3,000 copies

Part of the Back to the Future Trilogy set:
Part I | Part II | Part III

11151007-1194311460920693.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine arrived today, good grief they look cheap :(
Not gloss, dull Matt, and the silver looks even worse in hand (I thought the gloss would save it, but alas as they're not they just look like elevator doors). Also expected the titles to be embossed/debossed, but nope, nothing.
Just very very dissapointing.

:writing:

Good question: Does anyone say "Cor blimey!" anymore (let alone "naff") although the shortened form of "May God blind me" - as an exclamation of surprise - is more often contracted still further to 'corblimey'.
I'd put this in the same bracket as STREWTH (God's truth), GORDON BENNETT, CRIKEY / CRUMBS (Christ), CODSWALLOP, HOLY MACKEREL (Holy Mary), STONE THE CROWS, SWEET FANNY ADAMS, GOSH / GOLLY / BY GEORGE (God) & GADZOOKS (God's hooks / Christ nailed to the cross) et al.
There is a 2000 film apparently called 'Cor, Blimey!' - a dramatisation of the love affair between Sid James and Babs Windsor . . .
It is of course in the lyrics of "My Old Man's a Dustman" :-
"My old man's a dustman,
He wears a dustman's hat,
He wears cor-blimey trousers
And he lives in a council flat . . . "
People still do from my part of south London, but naff, definitely not, not sure why i even said it to be honest!!

I don't mind it personally but will be waiting till I can get them for £8 each in an inevitable sale. Still undecided on the target steelbook though...

The only good thing I can see about the Target trilogy is the reasonable price and IMO it's not worth a penny more than what they are asking for it - unless I'm missing something and the split car is 'bossed.
There is nothing better about the artwork that I can see or anything so far revealed to set it apart from any other 'BttF' steelbook.and using a cut-in-half image of the iconic DeLorean is a sacrilege !
On top of that the inside image is no great shakes either and certainly not as good as the inside image on this particular U.K. standalone steel.

Though many are gunning for these U.K. steelbooks I'd say that they are not at all nasty and do at least all match and make a nice little 'BttF' set - yes, even the sides . . . though the price of about 45 quid for old discs in fancy packaging is still taking the p.

got all 3 today....have to say Universal have really let themselves down....after making one of the best steelbooks of the year in Ex_Machina they then put out these!!!! what is the point of the silver borders for f***s sake??? who OK's these crappy art decisions???? at least make them like the original posters!!! and to top it all NO bonus disc in Back To The Future!!!! :wtf:!! and the studios wonder why we illegally download!!!!:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

People still do from my part of south London, but naff, definitely not, not sure why i even said it to be honest!!

I don't remember if Dick Van Dyke (still with us BTW at almost ninety years old) ever said it in 'Mary Poppins' but it's the kind of expression he might have used - I like it though and if ever I get a chance to use "corblimey" in place of something cruder I'll take it, though people may think me strange up in North London . .
Cheers by the way for reminding me of it.

Can someone make a scan of the disc (BDinfo) or provide some screenshots of playback? Want to know if this is a new encode or exactly the same as before

Well I received this today along with pt II and III, and what can I say.....disappointed

The finish, the image look hazey like a bad transfer and the silver border is garish.
Held out to see if the likes of hd zeta, blufans, nova and film arena would release a version of this.
Not sure if anyone who's got this today feels the same, this classic deserved a lot better than this, seriously considering returning this.

Reactions: luke98
Reactions: Danzigg1979
Uggh ... oh why, oh why did I order this and the others. Love the movies but they deserved a WAY BETTER steelbook treatment. Thought, just maybe, it would come out alright with some embossing (or even debossing) to save some face. Not sure what Zavvi's return policy is because I don't think I'm going to be happy even when I have all three in hand. o_O

You will have to pay the postage to return these if they are just 'unwanted' as freepost returns are only available for damaged goods, which seems fair enough to me.
N.B. Recommended you start the returns process asap after receiving the items - within 2 weeks anyway - though the actual physical return of the items can be at your convenience.

Last edited:
Was thinking that this silver 'pillarboxing' of the images on these 3 'BttF' steels kind of reminded me of older 4:3 films on a post 1990s widescreen display.
Even though my TV shows black bars I have seen a monitor where silver bars were used.

Like most, I'd have preferred a gloss finish and some embossing, but we were given ample time to get used to the design, so I'm not going to moan about that. I've had them side by side since I got them and I actually think they look pretty good. Not blown away, but I don't hate them.

Reactions: thewoe
got all 3 today....have to say Universal have really let themselves down....after making one of the best steelbooks of the year in Ex_Machina they then put out these!!!! what is the point of the silver borders for f***s sake??? who OK's these crappy art decisions???? at least make them like the original posters!!! and to top it all NO bonus disc in Back To The Future!!!! :wtf:!! and the studios wonder why we illegally download!!!!:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

Seriously? Surely you must have known all of those things were going to be like that BEFORE you bought them??

The artwork's been up for weeks. They were all confirmed 1 disc. Why would they put a bonus disc with part 1???

Reactions: thewoe
I quite like them tbh. Just would be nice if zavvi actually packed them correctly and not sent me 2 copies of part one and not part 3 at all. Buttholes.

Just got m Back to the Future 1 as well and it screams cheap. I like the trilogy cover better but cannot spend anymore. I already have all 3 japan steels and now these terrible 3.

Part 3 hasnt even turned up for me and it was sent the same time as part 1. So not only did i get 2 copies of BTTF one instead of part one and two, but part three is a no show.