UK
Release date: October 5th, 2015
Purchase link: Back to the Future Trilogy
Price: £39.99
Note: Limited to 1,000 copies.

11151010-1764311460958208.jpg

backtothefuture.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a bad little package for GBP 37.99 - all 3 films and a bonus disc and limited to 1,000.

Finally ordered after missing out originally - and to think I've been price-watching this on the auction site for more than a few days where most of these U.K. editions are changing hands for GBP 45 and upwards - another lucky escape. Thank you Zavvi :thumbs:

Now to buy the individuals at the 'right' price :)
Oh please. I'm getting really tired of these boners you have for Zavvi.

Thank you for what? For charging €55 when it's available elsewhere for just over €20?

You're only deluding yourself with your shameless love of Zavvi.

Oh please. I'm getting really tired of these boners you have for Zavvi.

Thank you for what? For charging €55 when it's available elsewhere for just over €20?

You're only deluding yourself with your shameless love of Zavvi.
Agree with you there, but now it's also pretty obvious: zavvi were playing games when the Trilogy set sold out within 20 minutes, it was just a scam to make people purchase the singles, and I said it at the time. Now the Trilogy has been back in stock for a few days....go figure o_O

Also why buy the singles if you have purchased the trilogy set ?, that's just a little bit of overkill.

just my opinion

Reactions: lolwut
It clearly makes more sense, to me anyway, to buy the U.K. trilogy edition before the individuals for the simple reason that there are more of them than there are of it :)
On top of that there is the price of the trilogy - GBP 37.99 - against the price of the individuals at about GBP 43.
There is no bonus disc included with any of the individuals.
A no-brainer really !

However I'd say that he artwork is certainly 'better' on the individuals (if you can get past the silver sides)
- they are more vibrant with that cool effect to the titles, first class artwork inside and on the backs etc. and I WILL buy those too though NOT AT THE CURRENT PRICES.

If anyone thinks that it was all a fake - about the trilogy selling out in double-quick time - as a ruse to get people to buy the individual steels then I won't comment further on what I think of that notion and I expect this is back ONLY because of the cancellations of orders from those people who would rather save a tenner and buy the Italian edition instead of the U.K. edition.
So, let me take this opportunity to thank all those that cancelled this, including that - - - - posting two up, which gave me the chance to get this one that I missed originally :thumbs:

As far as I'm aware this is a U.K thread for a U.K. steelbook and for those that have no interest in buying U.K. steelbooks and insulting and criticizing anyone that prefers to buy British may I suggest that they move on out of here and go where they belong - I'm sure there must be plenty of threads for foreign steelbooks where they will be most welcome to hang out and make mischief in.

Back to the Future Trilogy Steelbook
Zavvi who have websites in UK/Germany/Holland/Spain/France
Same Steelbook the exact same

Price UK £39.99 GBP
Price In Euro €55.99

Amazon Italy
Who sell to UK and rest of the world
Price €24.99 Euro = £18.38

Zavvi UK £39.99 Sterling
Amazon Italy £18.98 Sterling
Same Steelbook cost £21.61 more if your order from Zavvi who supply customers around the world not just UK
That's means Zavvi steelbook it's more than double the price it cost in Italy
Zavvi is 115% more expensive than Amazon Italy

Amazon Italy cost in UK pounds £18.98
Zavvi price UK pounds £39.99

Last edited:
It's not limited to 1,000.
It doesn't have a U.K. j-card.
Not that any of the matters to you or to others but it does to me.

The Back to the Future Trilogy Steelbook is a shared print run between UK/Italy/Holland
All in English

Universal film studio release made by Scanavo
Sold by various retailers across Europe

Also France and Germany a release but not in English
Seperate print runs due to language difference print of the Steelbook artwork

Last edited:
Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
Back to the Future Trilogy Steelbook
Zavvi who have websites in UK/Germany/Holland/Spain/France
Same Steelbook the exact same

Price UK £39.99 GBP
Price In Euro €55.99

Amazon Italy
Who sell to UK and rest of the world
Price €24.99 Euro = £18.38

Zavvi UK £39.99 Sterling
Amazon Italy £18.98 Sterling
Same Steelbook cost £21.61 more if your order from Zavvi who supply customers around the world not just UK
That's means Zavvi steelbook it's more than double the price it cost in Italy
Zavvi is 115% more expensive than Amazon Italy

Amazon Italy cost in UK pounds £18.98
Zavvi price UK pounds £39.99

Talk about flogging a dead horse.

You want to pay Twenty quid for a j card !!! WTF

Yes, . . and let's not forget it's an ultra limited edition of 1,000 which matters to me as a collector though it clearly matters not a jot to others :)

BTW, has it been confirmed that the title of this trilogy is in English and not Italian ?
If I was Italian I'd be mightily pissed off if my steelbook bought in my country was not in my native tongue !!!!!
If the title is in Italian I personally would not give GBP 10 for it and that's the honest-to-God truth.

Zavvi Steelbook is overpriced it very easy to see that
It's lot cheaper to get from Italy/Holland
Customers are for very simple reasons going to order from a retailer that is cheaper

If this was only 1,000 print run and only available in the UK yes it would have sold out but Zavvi only had part of the overall print run so it's not really an exclusive to UK

Reason Zavvi did not sell well is the crazy price

Customers are not fools they will order from a retailer who is cheaper it's that simple no other reasons

The Steelbook is a shared print run between different European countries and in English except France/Germany
Zavvi got 1,000 from this shared print run

The overal print run is more likely 4,000 or 5,000 possible even more
It's not just Italy it's also released in Korea/Japan/Holland and sold by different retailers

The Jcard is made by different company and seperate from the Steelbook process

When you see a print run of 1,000 it will mean most of the time another retailer in another country got the same Steelbook

Film Studio gets Steelbook made and then offers all or part of the print run to various retailers in various countries

Last edited:
Well then yours truly must be a fool - and don't all thank me at once for this comment . . . LOL

BTW can anyone with a finger on the pulse confirm the language title of the Italian 'BttF' trilogy because if it's like the old Digibook trilogy then it ain't in English and the reason it's cheaper is staring you right in your face.
"RITORNO AL FUTURO: LA TRILOGIA" anyone ?

EDIT 10/10/15: . . . or even a mix of languages:-
"BACK TO THE FUTURE: LA TRILOGIA"
Guess we'll know for sure in about ten days.
This surely won't matter to most here as they are not bothered by foreign print on their steelbooks or on their j-cards.

Last edited:
@virkia
Back To The Future Trilogy (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Netherlands] (Movies-Blu-Ray.nl)
Jcard in English €29.99 Euro =£22.05 UK Pounds
169415-727475aa582b4da87b817735539e852e.jpg

Back To The Future Trilogy (Blu-ray SteelBook) Zavvi UK
€55.19 Euro (£39.99 UK pounds)
169415-727475aa582b4da87b817735539e852e.jpg
Back To The Future Trilogy (Blu-ray SteelBook) Amazon ITALY
€24.99 Euro =£18.38 UK pounds

11986914_853316828097666_6907838780072386166_n.jpg

Back To The Future Trilogy (Blu-ray SteelBook) Korea

Back To The Future Trilogy (Blu-ray SteelBook) Japan

Back To The Future Trilogy (Blu-ray SteelBook) Tawian
175636-1a7170b8329b02708b1b26f3b8a576ba.jpg

Tawian actually had the steelbook before the UK was released
Exact same no differences at all in terms of the steelbook itself

And lot more countries same steelbook with Different Jcards only the difference and other differences like booklets fullslip
Same Steelbook Various Countries/Retailers

The overall print run is big for this steelbook its shared between lot of countries

Last edited:
I still can't believe that they release this for such a special anniversary for movies millions of people adore. They could've used so many fantastic artworks from the movies especially for this anniversary. And all they came up with is this boring, unlovely artwork :sour: I saw it in hand today in Saturn and it don't look better in-hand :vomit: The US/CA release looks okay but average for a anniversary release. I only got the fantastic Book on pre-order, probably the best release out of all that crap. Such a let down this.

Reactions: paulboland
I still can't believe that they release this for such a special anniversary for movies millions of people adore. They could've used so many fantastic artworks from the movies especially for this anniversary. And all they came up with is this boring, unlovely artwork :sour: I saw it in hand today in Saturn and it don't look better in-hand :vomit: The US/CA release looks okay but average for a anniversary release. I only got the fantastic Book on pre-order, probably the best release out of all that crap. Such a let down this.
Same with me
I also have on pre order the Back to the Future Visual History Book
Its a fantastic book which I will most likely get more enjoyment from than any of the blu-ray releases available

I do though have the Target steelbook on pre order and for me that artwork looks a lot better

Reactions: dan8885
Yes, . . and let's not forget it's an ultra limited edition of 1,000 which matters to me as a collector though it clearly matters not a jot to others :)

BTW, has it been confirmed that the title of this trilogy is in English and not Italian ?
If I was Italian I'd be mightily pissed off if my steelbook bought in my country was not in my native tongue !!!!!
If the title is in Italian I personally would not give GBP 10 for it and that's the honest-to-God truth.

The only ultra limited edition is the J Card. If you're happy to pay an extra 20 quid for a J-Card written in English,good for you !

What I find funny is Zavvi price is what the Zbox/Steelbook combos prices are

Marvel Zbox/Steelbook combos £39.99

I suspect they originally planned to have this as part of the time travel Zbox but decided to sell it on its own at the same price
If they had of put this with the Time Travel Zbox for £39.99 it would have sold better and would have been a better overall package

They also would sell lot more Zbox as a result and is that not what they want to happen

It also would have been the first decent Zbox worth the price and I would have bought it

Zavvi missed a golden chance with this release to promote Zbox and make sales

Last edited:
Reactions: lights
GBP 39.99 is not an unusual price for a steelbook boxset - see the 'Mission Impossible Ultimate Collection' Ltd. Ed. steelbook @GBP 39.99 and probably others that I can't be bothered to check.
Nothing to do with a ZBOX.
Anyway, steelbooks tied to ZBOXs should not be encouraged IMO, or at least not exclusively tied.
Also, limiting this exclusively to a ZBOX would mean that I for one would not buy it.
Ultra limited to 1,000 tied exclusively to a ZBOX would have been priced at no less than GBP 49.99 in my opinion.