Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: January 25, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £14.99

11211813-7084348772561340.jpg

11211813-1534348772700831.jpg 11211813-1474348772755266.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine came a couple of days ago, however there were scratches underneath the shrink wrap. I contacted Zavvi and asked for a replacement, they replied back offering a 15% refund. I replied saying no thx I just want a replacement. So now need to sort out returning it and waiting for a replacement :(

Do you have a link?
Looked on Amazon sites and can't find them for that price.
If you're referring to the 2 film Amaray set, then I'm afraid that the price is now GBP 21.99 (Cripes!) and not the GBP 11.64 it was when I posted yesterday.
I will always post a price of a BD that I feel is s good one (of a BD that I'm looking to buy for myself and which just may be of some interest to others).
The price may well be a temporary low for the BD in question but that is of course only based on my gut feeling and several years experience of trading on the London International Commodities Futures Markets.
Please remember that prices of BDs (as with commodities) go up as well as down and it's a definite pain that the helpful tool of the individual price chart for each BD has been removed from another site (reportedly on instruction from Amazon) :ohno:(n):(:angry::mad::arghh::asshat::banghead:EEK!

Last edited:
Mine came a couple of days ago, however there were scratches underneath the shrink wrap. I contacted Zavvi and asked for a replacement, they replied back offering a 15% refund. I replied saying no thx I just want a replacement. So now need to sort out returning it and waiting for a replacement :(

Yeah this happens sometimes and that's kind of a standard response from Zavvi at times, the next one should be ok. If you get unlucky again consider, ordering another one and switching panels (good back and front from each) after practice on a steelbook from guides, then arrange a return for a refund, good luck.

I watched this over the weekend and all I can say is WOW. On my 10' screen from my BenQ W1070 the images were nothing short of spectacular. Will Smith's Blue and Raspberry ensamble looked amazing, but unlike before I could clearly make out the intricate fabric pattern and stitch work. Definitely 10/10 for picture. Sound wasn't too shabby either.

• Informative
Reactions: UpsetSmiley
Yeah this happens sometimes and that's kind of a standard response from Zavvi at times, the next one should be ok. If you get unlucky again consider, ordering another one and switching panels (good back and front from each) after practice on a steelbook from guides, then arrange a return for a refund, good luck.

Cheers buddy. I got them to agree to an exchange. I've sent the scratched one back, they've received it and have sent out the replacement so just waitin on that arriving.

Oooh don't think I could do a case swap without messing things up.

The amaray set they released in the UK of both remastered in the 4K is faulty, BB1 is actually the normal 2010 bluray, sony accidently put the old disc in.

Just thought id post just incase people were thinking of getting it to swap out the bb1 disc. Your best of getting the US double set like i did as both discs are correctly remastered in 4K and region free without any rating logo's on the disc :)

The amaray set they released in the UK of both remastered in the 4K is faulty, BB1 is actually the normal 2010 bluray, sony accidently put the old disc in.
Do I remember correctly that this also happened with Godzilla a couple of years back? Or am I imagining that?

Do I remember correctly that this also happened with Godzilla a couple of years back? Or am I imagining that?

The Godzilla release was the correct disc Mastered in 4K but sony printed the exact old disc label on the mastered in 4K disc so you couldnt tell the difference between the two so it confused alot of people xD

Reactions: BluSteel2012
The Godzilla release was the correct disc Mastered in 4K but sony printed the exact old disc label on the mastered in 4K disc so you couldnt tell the difference between the two so it confused alot of people xD
Oh yes, I remember now. I knew there was something funny about it at the time.