Purchase link: Big Hero 6
Price: £24.99
Notes:

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

01.jpg

02.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg
00.jpg 03.jpg

Last edited:
Im beginning to think that this pre ordering is a waste of time with the way Zavvi say they are sold out when they are not, may as well wait till they go down in price then pay the extra from ebay for the ones that are really sold out, we would prob save money in the long run.

With Zavvi, Steelbooks always come back into stock just around release. That's why I often don't pre-order with Zavvi anymore because it does happen that many of their exclusives even tend to be part of a big sale just a few months after release. But I don't see this happening here as well, Big Hero 6 might truly sell out in a few weeks time. But then again, it's Zavvi and you don't ever really know, do you?

I wish they would have made the front of the slip with the continuous artwork like the other disney steelbooks instead of the big red front. Also it looks like they changed the disney collection look on the spine

My Zavvi pre-orders looks thinner than last year. Also not buying the HMV Steels upfront as most of them drop in price few months down the line and I am the type who can wait.[emoji6]

Same, my steelbook pre-order list is empty after Whiplash and Ex Machina come out on Monday.

I wish they would have made the front of the slip with the continuous artwork like the other disney steelbooks instead of the big red front. Also it looks like they changed the disney collection look on the spine

That's one thing you can be sure of with Disney - they have absolutely no respect for and are expert in messing around the collector and will chop and change the numbering style/style of cover whenever they feel like it to encourage the vulnerable to double or triple dip and thereby maximise their profits.

Best recent example is their 'numbered classics' Blu-ray collection which were numbered from 1 to 52 ('Snow White' to 'Frozen') and these numbers were near the top of the spine in gold/yellow ovals.

They couldn't even do that in a decent fashion and there were/are about a dozen gaps in the collection with these only available on DVD! Why only on DVD?

Now they've changed the numbering style, as seen above, the collector will find that his/her Disney steelbooks collection will not look as good as it would have done had the gold oval numbering been continued for the whole collection. Shame on you, Disney.

The original numbered classics Blu-ray collector is also screwed because of the new numbering style and unless he/she replaces all the gold oval editions with the new style numbering the collection will not look as good as it might although I don't know if ALL the gold oval editions - about 39 of them - are available with the new numbering. . . ?

Another factor about the new numbered editions is that they all come with matching slipcovers and would look very nice I imagine lined up on a shelf unlike the originals where only the Double/Triple Play/Anniversary Editions came with slips ... but what cracking slipcovers the originals were, embossed in all the right places and glossy as hell.

On the other hand, these new releases are I believe all bare bones single disc releases unlike some of the originals.

I suppose this new numbering will be used for the dozen or so numbered classics that have not yet had a Blu-ray release although I wonder if they will change the style yet again between now and that day, if that day ever comes. . .

Mine has finally been dispatched. Can't wait for this one. Pics look amazing