Black Hawk Down (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

BluSteel2012

Premium Supporter
Jan 4, 2012
Ireland
Release date: February 20, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-orders will be live around 6 PM UK time on Sunday January 15)
Price: £15.99

11390718-9044450322228520.JPG

11390718-1484450322253729.JPG 11390718-6384450322286744.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
It's all over the place. I could not tell you one memorable sequence or even one character in the film. Totally forgettable film. The poor CGI and all over the place camerawork just doesn't work for me. Also it's way to long. Even if the film had worked for me, you could easily trim 40 minutes of it. The only other Ridley Scott one I hated was Legend.

I think the problem with Legend is that I only ever saw the British version at the time and it has a totally different musical score and it was only years later I saw the American version which has a totally different musical score. It's like watching two different films. I find the American one "OK" but I can't watch the UK one.

I think the problem with Legend is that I only ever saw the British version at the time and it has a totally different musical score and it was only years later I saw the American version which has a totally different musical score. It's like watching two different films. I find the American one "OK" but I can't watch the UK one.
Legend
The UK and European theatrical version release was Jerry Goldsmith Score
The later released Director's Cut was also Jerry Goldsmith Score
USA theatrical version was scored by Tangerine Dream but the later USA Director's Cut used Jerry Goldsmith Score

USA Blu-ray is the best version as you get the USA theatrical version with Tangerine Dream score and Directors Cut Jerry Goldsmith Score and excellent extras
UK Blu-ray is Theatrical version and Directors Cut both Jerry Goldsmith Score with poor extras

Personally I prefer the Jerry Goldsmith Score and the Directors Cut of the film

I dunno, this release looks nice..... But as we already have a UK steel of this movie, aren't we just giving the retailers the thumbs up to re-release the same movies every couple of years?

Just my two cents.

I dunno, this release looks nice..... But as we already have a UK steel of this movie, aren't we just giving the retailers the thumbs up to re-release the same movies every couple of years?

Just my two cents.
Some re-releases can be strange choices but a film like this has long shelf life for re release as it's a popular film and you have a lot of new steelbook collectors since UK Play.com steelbook release in 2012

Re-releases of a steelbooks will continue happen of popular films as there is always customers who not got a previous release and existing collectors who purchased previous releases like a new edition with new artwork.

A film distributor will go on demand for that film regardless if it has a previous release it happens regularly with amaray releases

Some films that not had a steelbook before can end up selling less than a re release of a popular film

Dutch site was live before the UK site :whistle:
There's a Dutch Zavvi site now?

I've always asked for all Zavvi links to be posted in the OP (zavvi.de, zavvi.nl etc....) but it's only ever the UK one that gets posted.

Considering this forum can make some money from people clicking on the links to purchase, they're missing out on a lot of revenue. Especially as Zavvis European sites can often work out cheaper with discount codes etc and a lot of people don't even bother with the UK site.

There's a Dutch Zavvi site now?

I've always asked for all Zavvi links to be posted in the OP (zavvi.de, zavvi.nl etc....) but it's only ever the UK one that gets posted.

Considering this forum can make some money from people clicking on the links to purchase, they're missing out on a lot of revenue. Especially as Zavvis European sites can often work out cheaper with discount codes etc and a lot of people don't even bother with the UK site.

Dutch site has been around for at least 2 years, probably 3. I've ordered a few things from it if there was a good discount code to use but sadly they charge for shipping.

I find that Ridley Scott's movies need to be seen several times to be appreciated. At first watch they don't always catch your eye.

Alien for me was good but it gained its appeal over time. Even Blade Runner grew on me substantially since its first watch when i didn't know what to think of it. The same is said for Robin Hood, Black Hawk Down or even Legend.