Black Panther (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #48) [China]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: Late September 2018 (TBC)
Price: TBA
Note: The special empty box is available only when you buy Box set and 1/4 Slip together.
Group buy: One Click + 1/4 slip COMPLETE PACKAGE
ONE CLICK - DOUBLE LENTICULAR - SINGLE LENTICULAR - FULL SLIP - QUARTER SLIP (Storage box NOT included)

Important Group Buy update
Official update for all group buy participants -

The licensing agreement for Black Panther, for unknown reasons, still has not been resolved and because of this Infinity War will now be being released first (roughly early December time). The licensing agreement for Black Panther is looking to be completed around November time but because of the other releases (infinity War, Greatest Showman, Three Billboards), Black Panther will not ship until January 2019 at the earliest.

Infinity War will ship with the same editions (1/4 slip + Box, One Click, DL, SL and full slip)

Group Buy members, we have a couple of options for you -

1. Transfer
Your Black Panther request will automatically be transferred to the same edition to that of Avengers: Infinity War. You will then be guaranteed a spot for Black Panther, which will be charged for again later on in the year (or potentially January 2019)

2. Refund
You can cancel your Black Panther request and be refunded. Please note that should you change your mind afterwards we cannot allow you to repurchase Black Panther. At this time there will not be a further GB for it (however this may change although not guaranteed)

3. Wait it out
Wait for Black Panther to be released. If you decide to wait it out, as a thank you we will enter you into a HDN sponsored prize draw.

The official GB for Avengers: Infinity War won't be live until November.

I will be sending this as a PM to all participants tomorrow too with the relevant instructions.

Boxset.jpgDL.jpg9a438038gy1ftrqchvap5j21ex0tzqam.jpgFullslip.jpgquarterslip.jpg
3193CF1B-C049-4898-9585-F28D4AD15C96.jpeg
455A29EF-9F42-4F09-A2C4-877D0A5DB6D3.jpeg
SL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel the same.

so they cut the print run for ant man and the wasp you and matthewtheunicorn dont make the cut would you be happy?

just playing devils advocate here, lets not break whats not broken as long as they all sell swiftly and blufans arent left holding a load, everyones happy no?

basil:thumbs:

so they cut the print run for ant man and the wasp you and matthewtheunicorn dont make the cut would you be happy?

just playing devils advocate here, lets not break whats not broken as long as they all sell swiftly and blufans arent left holding a load, everyones happy no?

This is an Old debate that doesn't need to be revisited.
You have said your peace, I have said mine.
Now lets move on Please :thumbs:

Yeah I don't want to dwell on this but no, I wouldn't be buzzing, but I understand its part of what makes collecting worth while.
I like my copy of Doctor Strange more, knowing that it's sought after. The sheer anxiety before those group buys made the whole experience a lot of fun in my opinion.
You win some, you lose some.

I know I'm probably in the minority but I wish they'd stuck with the original print run.
This release is lacking the adrenaline rush and excitement that came with Doctor Strange.
Ant-man and the Wasp, perhaps.

To be honest i don‘t want excitement or adrenaline rush a la dr. Strange. Not if that means i can‘t get a copy and i have to buy insane prices at ebay.

I’m glad the print run was extended. Strange was a headache for all involved and my position this month is im absolutely skint until the last day of the month so I can’t join this GB at the moment and will have to try the other one on Saturday. Can’t miss out on the DL but I also can’t make the payment up front for a few more weeks

So how is that going to work? Are they giving them away next Saturday on that other site?

So how is that going to work? Are they giving them away next Saturday on that other site?

Yeah, have you not heard? All blufans are free on the other site o_O

You don’t pay straight away. You get a invoice with about 25/30 days to pay. Like how it used to be on here

• Informative
Reactions: DMD4k
Low print runs are no guarantee of high demand. And higher print runs can still be highly sought after. Depends on the title. If it's a choice between a really low run and a really slim chance of getting a copy, or a higher print run with a good shot at getting a copy. I'd personally opt for the higher run. Even with the high available quantities I didn't think this would still be available for this long.

Reactions: StifflersDad
Low print runs are no guarantee of high demand. And higher print runs can still be highly sought after. Depends on the title. If it's a choice between a really low run and a really slim chance of getting a copy, or a higher print run with a good shot at getting a copy. I'd personally opt for the higher run. Even with the high available quantities I didn't think this would still be available for this long.
And that last sentence tells you why the above is the wrong way to look at it in terms of the market. Because nobody can say there was no demand for this. There was and is, but it is outweighed by the supply, at least for now.
There are lessons to be learned here (I don't mean HDN) so it's not that bad.

Reactions: matthewtheunicorn
My personal view:

I missed out on the wonder woman HDZeta GB because it was so limited.
I had to then spend a lot more to acquire it in the secondary market.
Do I feel thrilled by the fact that I own a very limited edition.
NO!
I feel pissed off every time I look at it and think how much it cost.

So for me I really don't give a rat's ass what the print run is as long as I can obtain it at cost price.

My personal view:

I missed out on the wonder woman HDZeta GB because it was so limited.
I had to then spend a lot more to acquire it in the secondary market.
Do I feel thrilled by the fact that I own a very limited edition.
NO!
I feel pissed off every time I look at it and think how much it cost.

So for me I really don't give a rat's ass what the print run is as long as I can obtain it at cost price.
You didn’t miss WW because the GB started earlier as planned?

Reactions: harry and Covcraig
My advice would be to not wait. High print run doesn’t mean it won’t have a high value. Scalpers cause low value with over saturating eBay and trying to be the cheapest for a quick sale. With this not selling out it seems that it’s being bought by people who genuinely want it, meaning very few copies could end up on eBay. Meaning if you decide to buy later you could very well have to fork out a little extra. Too many times have I skipped and regretted it because the eBay prices are too insane. This is the best Steelbook artwork of Black Panther, and I ain’t missing it

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
My advice would be to not wait. High print run doesn’t mean it won’t have a high value.
Actually it most always does. Unless the demand is high enough.
Scalpers cause low value with over saturating eBay and trying to be the cheapest for a quick sale.
Really? Is that why people don't like scalpers? Because they depreciate the value of the releases?
With this not selling out it seems that it’s being bought by people who genuinely want it, meaning very few copies could end up on eBay.
You're entitled to your opinion but Basil shared a few pre-orders examples. I doubt anyone genuinely needs 8+ copies of this, no matter how beautiful it is.
Meaning if you decide to buy later you could very well have to fork out a little extra. Too many times have I skipped and regretted it because the eBay prices are too insane.
But I thought you said scalpers depreciated the value... which one is it?
This is the best Steelbook artwork of Black Panther, and I ain’t missing it
I totally agree with you on this :thumbs: