Release date: May 15, 2018
Purchase links: 4K - 2D
Price: $34.99 (4K) - $29.99 (2D)
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

4k.jpg 2d.jpg
02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The king returns . . . yea, right !
Kind of amazed that people like this artwork for BLACK PANTHER . . . OK for a poster but for a steelbook?!
Scrawny rather than muscular image completely at odds with all the images I've seen of the character . . . reminding me more of an unfinished water colour & ink drawing or splatter artwork than steelbook artwork for a prestige production.
White/silver/bare metal background also total bummer.

Inspired by?
upload_2018-2-16_22-14-5.png

................................................................................... Splatter Art from Subjectart
upload_2018-2-16_21-59-50.png
upload_2018-2-16_22-24-20.png

Nothing against splatter art per se which can look cool . . . but not on a steelbook . . . fine on paper or on a slipcover:-
joker%20splatter3.jpg
Batman-Heath-Ledger-Joker-Original-watercolor-canvas-painting-Modern-wall-art-poster-print-pictures-living-room.jpg_640x640.jpg
the_joker_by_sh3ikha-d5ghxn8.jpg
hellboysplatterwhite_by_iamatroymclure-d7icn7o.png
a6f91ec2b63cef0f3ffb9b99cad93ff0.jpg
watercolor-super-heroes-paintings-clementine-campardou-blule-thumb640.jpg

Maybe its not a popular opinion but im really not feeling this artwork. Such a rich visual movie and the artwork really does not take advantage of that.

The great thing about this artwork, although not to eveybody's taste, is that it is different. It's a WWA release so not the end of the world for the haters out there, surely? The fact is once again is that there is variety across the releases. That is what I want from steelbooks. We are past expecting anything 'super amazing' for WWA artwork and of course the likes of this will not match up to a Blufans WEA, but the image itself is different. Look at all releases of GOTG for instance, the Nova sets, the Blufans stunners, the Zavvi releases... there is a lot of variety. If you are a double/triple/quadruple+ dipper like myself (sacrificing other movies to afford this hobby) then something like this Black Panther WWA belongs in your collection. Variety is indeed the spice of life and granted, not everybody will always be happy with every release. I'll be honest here, I don't understand why the watercolour/ink effect has been applied to this particular artwork (any good reason behind this?), but the fact that I do like it as it shows something visually different is a winner for me. That effect does indeed carry the artwork giving it a bit of a movement feel and without those droplets of ink it would look quite boring. To date, the only WWA MCU steelbook I have not purchased because I truly believe it was ballsed up and they couldn't be arsed to change it is the Zavvi lenti Ant-Man release. There wasn't anything I saw different with that release to the others in terms of the 'idea' behind the artwork. I had to pass on it, and as far as all other MCU movies across the board go, well, I just like them all.

I'm really liking this design. The only other one I think would be cool is something with the two different suit colors

Wish they would use the art tht this artist from Fandago and they are selling the, for 6.95 shipping by are free!! .
Best regards, livearthpeace