Blade (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: November 24, 2017 (First Batch) - April 30, 2018 (Second Batch) - March 4, 2019 (Re-release)
Purchase link: Zavvi (pre-orders for re-release go live January 19 around 6PM UK time)
Price: £15.99

11526666-103450654 (1).jpg

11526666-4494510727840.jpg11526666-1294510727970.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Japanese ones were the ones to buy.

Don't disagree with you there - all red and all matching with excellent image framing . . . just the way it should be is a massive plus.
upload_2017-8-1_13-6-37.png
upload_2017-8-1_13-7-26.png
upload_2017-8-1_13-8-33.png

Clearly the set to beat for these three films regarding their steelbooks. As for content I hear that the German disc is better
EDIT: U.S. disc is better than the Netherlands release https://www.avforums.com/review/blade-blu-ray-review.992 / https://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?d1=1232&d2=779&c=51

Most unfortunate that ours in the U.K. are not all matching - even in the less dramatic grey colouring - to make for a satisfactory matching set of three :(

I cancelled my pre-orders for #2 and #3 long before they released and as it stands I wouldn't touch them except on a vastly reduced price.
In truth, not wild about the colouring, the slightly too zoomed in artwork on #2 and the non-matching spines.

Only question to be answered now is "U.K. BLADE steelbook front artwork framed like the Japan steelbook or like the Canada steelbook?"
RSVP

JP BLADE vs. Canada BLADE
JP - nice touch with the variegated titles front and spine (even though it doesn't match #2 and #3) and the well proportioned back image to match size of front image.
Much better framing of front image with right arm complete, or as near as dammit (continuing over the top opening edge).
Inside artwork on the wrong side under the disc . . . Oops.
JAPAN
upload_2017-8-1_12-36-55.png
upload_2017-8-1_12-38-33.png

upload_2017-8-1_12-40-51.png

CANADA w/ front image positioned wrong as too far to the right . . . cool back image framing and better inside art:-

dsc_22911.jpg
dsc_22931.jpg
dsc_22921.jpg

Last edited:
Don't disagree with you there - all red and all matching with excellent image framing . . . just the way it should be is a massive plus.
View attachment 325136 View attachment 325137 View attachment 325138

Clearly the set to beat for these three films regarding their steelbooks. As for content I hear that the German discs are better.

Most unfortunate that ours in the U.K. are not all matching - even in the less dramatic grey colouring - to make for a satisfactory matching set of three :(

I cancelled my pre-orders for #2 and #3 long before they released and as it stands I wouldn't touch them except on a vastly reduced price.
In truth, not wild about the colouring, the slightly too zoomed in artwork on #2 and the non-matching spines.

Only question to be answered now is "U.K. BLADE steelbook front artwork framed like the Japan steelbook or like the Canada steelbook?"
RSVP

JP BLADE vs. Canada BLADE
JP - nice touch with the variegated titles front and spine (even though it doesn't match #2 and #3) and the well proportioned back image to match size of front image.
Much better framing of front image with right arm complete, or as near as dammit (continuing over the top opening edge).
Inside artwork on the wrong side under the disc . . . Oops.
JAPAN
View attachment 325130 View attachment 325131
View attachment 325132
CANADA w/ front image positioned wrong as too far to the right . . . cool back image framing and better inside art:-

dsc_22911.jpg
dsc_22931.jpg
dsc_22921.jpg
So, best BLADE would be a Frankensteined version of Japanese steelbook with German disc...

I hope to god this is gloss to match their blade 2 and not a horrible metallic matte like the ones posted above

• Thanks
Reactions: Steelselecta
When's the last time Warner produced a full gloss Steelbook?

Good point and tbh I forgot this was Warner

Their new releases are definately shite matte finishes but I think there are a small amount out there with gloss (im telling myself lol)

Or like a varnish which Looks better than the above pics of that horrible matte. The French batman, U.K. Dark knight Rises had that kind of gloss varnish (not proper gloss but better than matte, can't remember the name for it)

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
I was struggling to remember myself.

I think my last ones were Mars Attacks and Beetlejuice, The Prestige and Empire Of The Sun....

So I guess you never know......

Good shout and they were catalogue titles so maybe this has hope

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Or like a varnish which Looks better than the above pics of that horrible matte. The French batman, U.K. Dark knight Rises had that kind of gloss varnish (not proper gloss but better than matte, can't remember the name for it)

Yeah, I think it's called a 'Zero' finish. That UK Dark Knight Rises is real nice.

Reactions: Flloydo
Yeah, I think it's called a 'Zero' finish. That UK Dark Knight Rises is real nice.

I was thinking zero finsh but I thought that was more smooth and matte like. The gloss varnish is more stickier on dark night rises. (I see gloss and gloss varnish as two different things - only way I can tell them apart in my head lol) like the 4 you mentioned Is just normal gloss. If that makes sense.
I call Bronson and Amelie etc zero finsh and they don't have any gloss on

I was thinking zero finsh but I thought that was more smooth and matte like. The gloss varnish is more stickier on dark night rises. (I see gloss and gloss varnish as two different things - only way I can tell them apart in my head lol) like the 4 you mentioned Is just normal gloss. If that makes sense.
I call Bronson and Amelie etc zero finsh and they don't have any gloss on

Steelbook.com themselves have listed that Dark Knight Rises as a Zero finish......

http://steelbook.com/releases/the-dark-knight-rises/

But then, since when have they become reliable?

Reactions: Flloydo
Steelbook.com themselves have listed that Dark Knight Rises as a Zero finish......

http://steelbook.com/releases/the-dark-knight-rises/

But then, since when have they become reliable?

Oh **** knows then lol I'm tired

Maybe I'm thinking of satin finsh for Bronson and Amelie.

Looking at the dark night rises now and it's that sticky gloss which I suppose is zero finish. Can't think straight right now lol