Blade Runner 2049 (4K or 2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Apr 19, 2016
Release date: January 16, 2018
Purchase links: 4K - 2D
Price: $34.99 (4K) - $29.99 (2D)
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21 2D ONLY

BR2049 4K.PNG BR2049 2D.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
totally new here, first post and everything...

pre-ordered and picked up the 4k steelbook from best buy the other day, brought it home and it's broken (the disc tray specifically)

BB won't replace it since it's out of stock... they did give me a whopping $3.69 "for the inconvenience" .... cool :/

wondering if there are any more copies people picked up floating around here that i could buy, or any advice?

thanks!

totally new here, first post and everything...

pre-ordered and picked up the 4k steelbook from best buy the other day, brought it home and it's broken (the disc tray specifically)

BB won't replace it since it's out of stock... they did give me a whopping $3.69 "for the inconvenience" .... cool :/

wondering if there are any more copies people picked up floating around here that i could buy, or any advice?

thanks!

I think apsmith21's Group Buy might be out of the 4K copy of the film- I'm sure he'll let you know if he still has anything, though.
However the 4K Copy of the Blade Runner 2049 steelbook isn't exclusive to Best Buy, and has had multiple releases internationally, with that artwork being the WWA release.

If you can't find any copies specifically of the 4K Steelbook that you're looking for- maybe a ninja here in one of the respective countries where this steelbook has been released might be able to help you out. :)
Hope this helps.

However the 4K Copy of the Blade Runner 2049 steelbook isn't exclusive to Best Buy, and has had multiple releases internationally, with that artwork being the WWA release.
The font on this is bigger than the font of the WWA, though. So I would also kinda count the 4K BB SteelBook as being WEA.

The font on this is bigger than the font of the WWA, though. So I would also kinda count the 4K BB SteelBook as being WEA.

It looks like Kimchi's release has the same cover, but the different inside artwork. Does anyone with both know if the colors are different?

It looks like Kimchi's release has the same cover, but the different inside artwork. Does anyone with both know if the colors are different?

The Colors should be the same- I don't think that the studio would allow Scanavo to intentionally alter the color of the promotional artwork that was provided to them.
That being said- the finish on the Kimchi Slip is going to be superior.

The Colors should be the same- I don't think that the studio would allow Scanavo to intentionally alter the color of the promotional artwork that was provided to them.
That being said- the finish on the Kimchi Slip is going to be superior.

Well the brightness of the colors. There are quite a few SteelBooks where the Best Buy releases are brighter.