UK
Release date: March 7th, 2016
Purchase link: Boyz n the Hood (live)
Price: £12.99

11238490-1344360137510930.jpg

11238490-3974360137725268.jpg

11238490-1724360137658929.jpg

Last edited:
Oh I don't think it's a coincidence at all but it still took me by surprise.
And they have definatley gone for the same art style of colour

Would also love that. Or something like Gridlocked or above the rim
Agreed, Above the Rim or Grilock'd would be good. Both of those haven't even been released on Blu-ray yet.

Reactions: Ashish and Flloydo
Just thought this one would fit great next to Straight Outta Compton on the shelf. But I gotta be honest, I've never seen this film. It's just one of these movies you always plan to watch, but it doesn't come up. Well, seems like now is the time. :D
Now IS the time and I guarantee you won't be sorry :thumbs:
Love these gritty dramas played on the streets and although I may have nothing in common with the characters I can appreciate the displays of raw human emotion which is universal :)

Good luck in finding a new U.K. copy of the long OOP 2009 BD of MENACE II Society - I certainly found it hard a couple or so years ago.
Now I can see a few available for between 10 and 15 quid on the secondary market (not "New & sealed" but in "Very good" or "Like new" condition).

Have yet to watch the 'related' "DON'T BE A MENACE TO SOUTH CENTRAL WHILE DRINKING YOUR JUICE IN THE HOOD" but some may find the Wayans Brothers very much of an acquired taste . . .

Would love to see a steel for another of John Singleton's films - SHAFT (2000) - which I've got to admit I prefer to the original from 1971 (available Region Free from the U.S. for an OK price and bought last year).

Last edited:
Have yet to watch the 'related' "DON'T BE A MENACE TO SOUTH CENTRAL WHILE DRINKING YOUR JUICE IN THE HOOD" but some may find the Wayans Brothers very much of an acquired taste . . .

It's their only decent film. It's actually a really funny comedy and good spoof. Oh and I think the first scary movie is also their best work (just those 2 films, everything else of theirs is painful when they work as brothers and family )