Braveheart (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Nov 29, 2012
Release date: June 23rd, 2014
Purchase links:
Amazon.co.uk
Zavvi.com
Base.com
Price: £18.25 (Amazon) - £19.99 (Zavvi - Base)

A1weqYv0-JL._SX522_.jpg

A1Gv-ljGOHL._SL500_.jpg

91QWRy5jV8L._SL500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great !! but have the Play.com version already and happy with that. As long as there's enough people who didn't get this originally I guess it's justified :dunno: and the fact it's different should keep everyone happy :D it's when they release the same design that kind of annoys me, but this is good for all those who want it ;)

That's some pretty bad-ass looking art. If Fox is now going to release SteelBooks for films that have already had SteelBooks, maybe that means that they'll get around to releasing an Independence Day that actually looks half-decent.

Nice I already have the USA Steelbook
But if this is a 2 Blu-ray Disc edition I will get it

Was not expecting this another Fox Release
What else have up their sleeves to announce

June 23 Release Date
They usually go with 4 or 5 Steelbooks at the same time

Price a bit EEK! but I expect it to drop in price at some stage

I like the Artwork its looks great
A surprise release

Its hard to say for sure but the Title looks as if it will debossed

Last edited:
I like the art work but it's not enough for me to double dip, I have the play.com steelbook and I am happy with that one, however if this drops to £10 or below then I may consider it, only if it has embossing/debossing that is lol

Through pure accident I never picked up the original release and if I'm being honest I think I feel this one looks better. I'm going to preorder but (though likely not) I hope the price drops as £23 is obscenely steep

The should put Alex Salmonds coupon on the front, and Nicola Sturgeon launching ping pong balls on the inside, call it "The Independence Edition".

I'd buy it and put it next to my unread SNP White Paper.

</satire>

Some will be very happy and some will not

Play.com version is no longer available
Lot of new steelbook collectors in past year alone and more new collectors every day
So there will be collectors happy with this release who missed out on the Play.com version

I missed out on the Play.com release and I have been collecting steelbooks from 2010

The happy collectors who get this will be just that happy at the end of the day

Why pay £50 to £60 when you can have a choice and pay only £20 to £23 or less with price drop

Your not been forced into buying this and those who do buy it its their choice and that's all that matters end of the day

Last edited:
Reactions: IRON MAN
Unbelievable...with so many great films NOT having a steelbook...the powers to be decide to release a film that has several already. Do they think we are all mugs? I guess they do! ;)

Clearly a case of not listening to the opinions of us collectors and going with an easy option...AVOID and wait til it drops to half price!!!! :thumbs:

The front does look like it's debossed and rear bossing just like EG!

Hmmm, could be like Germany's 'Pandorum' too...looked like it should have been debossed, then wasn't.

It looks like Fox is releasing titles that worked the first time around....most big studios do the same because some properties are simply cash cows. Also a chance for those that missed or don't want the 1st one, I guess.

A collector should be somebody who is prepared to get the odd release that came out before they started collecting, not someone who wants everything re-released just for them.

Says who
I will never ever pay more than retail price for a product and if I get something that been released before and in mint condition

I still collect older steelbooks but I only pay below retail price or just above

Its about collecting not paying crazy prices in my opinion

I have bought steelbooks that were released over 2 years ago but I still only paid retail price or less in lot of cases

Re Releases happen with every product as a new age gap start collecting it happens with music/films/most products and if a title is very popular it will have many re releases
It good for the market otherwise it comes to an end

Some collectors want to have originals and pay over the odds that's their choice but not everyone want to or will do that

Last edited:
Hmmm, could be like Germany's 'Pandorum' too...looked like it should have been debossed, then wasn't.

It looks like Fox is releasing titles that worked the first time around....most big studios do the same because some properties are simply cash cows. Also a chance for those that missed or don't want the 1st one, I guess.
Yeah you never know but the current artwork certainly gives off that impression.
Would be surprised at them doing front and back though!