Braveheart (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Nov 29, 2012
Release date: June 23rd, 2014
Purchase links:
Amazon.co.uk
Zavvi.com
Base.com
Price: £18.25 (Amazon) - £19.99 (Zavvi - Base)

A1weqYv0-JL._SX522_.jpg

A1Gv-ljGOHL._SL500_.jpg

91QWRy5jV8L._SL500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Crackle finish please :)

Why is this so expensive, rrp? Ignoring the fact that there has already been a steelbook released, The price is a joke

A collector should be somebody who is prepared to get the odd release that came out before they started collecting, not someone who wants everything re-released just for them.

Agreed. I personally think that the only time a re-release can be justified is when the Steelbook(s) currently available are poor. I would like to see a new version of Source Code for example. I appreciate Paul's view, but I think part of the fun of collecting comes from buying, selling and trading releases from all over the World. Steelbooks becoming rare and sought after adds another aspect to this.

It looks like Fox is releasing titles that worked the first time around....most big studios do the same because some properties are simply cash cows. Also a chance for those that missed or don't want the 1st one, I guess.

They were successful the 1st time because ppl thought they were limited. …no? ......“available in limited quantities” ...and so on….. Fans and enterprising collectors rushed out to buy it up.

Now that it is proven (again) that no steelbook is truly limited, studios & retailers will find it increasingly harder to find the same success :movie:

…and that is before we even mention falling product quality and dumb rising retail pricing ;)

Last edited:
Well at least it's not a reprint like Warner Germany like to do so often. That IS the worst of the worst imo.

Reactions: Thelite13
What is up with all these steelbooks being released in June?? Geez

I agree on that fox need to spread the release dates
Some won't sell out so no hurry and I will be ordering some at different times

But some people like to have them on release date
We're not all mega rich and loaded

5 a month is reasonable in my opinion and easier to budget for

I like the artwork on this braveheart
Be interesting to see what type of finish will be and what embossing or debossing it will have
The recent fox releases have been ok looking

Just like to see them spread out the release dates and also price drop a bit

Im a Braveheart sucker so im buying. My fav movie.

thing is .... its obvious they didnt need any approval for all that artwork. no foolin me.

That is where I respect when Zavvi wait 6 months on a title to get art approved. Just sayin..... dusk/jackie brown etc.

What is up with all these steelbooks being released in June?? Geez
Yes would be nice if they spread them out a bit! I won't be pre-ordering for release day anyway, I'll just pick it up later (if I like it) when it's inevitably reduced.

I like my play.com release and i don't need this one, but that's a good artwork if confirmed.
Front/back/inside are nicely uniform in colors, design and "feeling" and with the right deboss/emboss this is going to be a beauty.

So those US/CAN versions with W.W. big face on the front cover are still the worst artwork choice

I like it!

It may not be as nice as the play one but it is much better than the one we have in the States. I'll get one as it is a favorite movie of mine.