Bride of Re-Animator (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 4th , 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order will be live around 6 PM UK time on July 29)
Price: £17.99

tmp_10486-BoR624562592.jpg

11522065-7094503504616587.jpg 11522065-1314503504516957.jpg

Last edited:
Am i missing something? The original limited 3 disc edition that Arrow put out a while back had three discs - 1 blu ray and 1 dvd disc that were both identical in content, ie the unrated version plus extras. The third disc was a blu ray of the R-rated version ( i think 6 seconds or so shorter than the unrated version), and that disc is not included in this steelbook. I dont think there was an integral version on Arrows bride release, as there was on Second Sights Reanimator - just the unrated and R rated versions - or is the R rated classed as integral?!
If this is spot glossed back and front, it will look great! I like the interior art, too!

Am i missing something? The original limited 3 disc edition that Arrow put out a while back had three discs - 1 blu ray and 1 dvd disc that were both identical in content, ie the unrated version plus extras. The third disc was a blu ray of the R-rated version ( i think 6 seconds or so shorter than the unrated version), and that disc is not included in this steelbook. I dont think there was an integral version on Arrows bride release, as there was on Second Sights Reanimator - just the unrated and R rated versions - or is the R rated classed as integral?!
If this is spot glossed back and front, it will look great! I like the interior art, too!
Disc 3 was Blu-ray – R-Rated Version was exclusive to the limited edition box set

It was not included in the amaray and also won't be in the steelbook for same reasons

• Thanks
Reactions: Vegano
Disc 3 was Blu-ray – R-Rated Version was exclusive to the limited edition box set

It was not included in the amaray and also won't be in the steelbook for same reasons
That's right Paul, that's what i said. The third disc was never an intergeal version was it? It was just the shorter, R-rated version, which would be different to an integral version? Or are they one-and-the-same? I thought an integral version was a longer (uncut/unrated?) version than an R-rated?

Reactions: paulboland
That's right Paul, that's what i said. The third disc was never an intergeal version was it? It was just the shorter, R-rated version, which would be different to an integral version? Or are they one-and-the-same? I thought an integral version was a longer (uncut/unrated?) version than an R-rated?
No not the same
Integral Cut with Re-Animator had the cuts restored from the r-rated edition with deleted scenes added

The r-rated cut in Bride of Re-Animator is just simply the cut version

• Thanks
Reactions: Vegano
As far as I'm aware the "R" rated is more or less the same length as the unrated and according to IMDb the only difference between the 'R' and the uncut is " a changed order of sequences or alternate shots, not missing or extra shots". It is 'slightly censored" with "the R-rated version dropping some brief bloody bits (including some arm mayhem) and featuring some different toned-down takes and angles during the finale (including one bit in which a major character rips apart from the head down)."
More details on the differences between the two can be seen in screengrabs from the "R" and unrated DVD editions - http://movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=5127433

Both Arrow (UK) and Capelight (Germany) only include the "R" in their Limited Edition boxsets . . . no biggie as the Unrated is the one to own with the "R" of value only to completists.

. . . and not forgetting the bride herself . . .
BRIDE OF RE-ANIMATOR (1989) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ with more than a nod to the "bride" (actually a bloke) in BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN (1910) ---------------------------------------------------------------
frankenstein1910.jpg
220px-Frankenstein_%281910%29_poster.jpg

------------------------------ with a touch of THE EXORCIST (1973) ------------------------------------------- and to a lesser extent the 1935 BRIDE iteration
the-exorcist-73209.jpg
ae0569167410e43012b17b38c3de7f7c.gif

. . . with some classic monsters from the early days to keep the ladies company:-
II
V
1919 Conrad Veidt as Cesare from THE CABINET OF DR. CALIGARI --------------------- Max Schreck in 1922's NOSFERATU ------------------------------------------- Lon Chaney in 1925's THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA -----------------------------
upload_2017-7-30_4-35-55.png
ChaneyPhantomoftheOpera.jpg

. . . with two of Universal's finest - Boris Karloff (William Pratt !) in 1931's FRANKENSTEIN and not forgetting the immortal Bela Lugosi (Béla Ferenc Dezső Blaskó) . . . "I vant to suck yur bloood" in 1931's DRACULA (Yes, I know he never said the lines in the film . . . I just like to imagine he did LOL).
frankenstein-1931-monster.jpg
052ed-lugosi2.jpg

Watched this last night (the second disc from my German double feature steelbook) and I thought it was pretty bad!

The first one is a bit of a cult classic. Up there with Return Of The Living Dead for me with the mixture of horror and dark humour.

But this was just down right silly. They should have just left it at the first movie. All they did here was increased the practical effects to the point of slapstick silliness!!

Anyway, this steelbook looks great. But it's one of those films where it doesn't deserve it I'm afraid. They should have given the steelbook of the first film this treatment instead, instead of that dreadfull washed out drawing design.........

Also, (for anyone who's already seen this).....

What's the story with the actresses breasts who dies in the hospital? The scarring on them is worse than when they bring her back from the dead! (although they tried to cover them up with make up for the shot!) :LOL:

Watched this last night (the second disc from my German double feature steelbook) and I thought it was pretty bad!

The first one is a bit of a cult classic. Up there with Return Of The Living Dead for me with the mixture of horror and dark humour.

But this was just down right silly. They should have just left it at the first movie. All they did here was increased the practical effects to the point of slapstick silliness!!

Anyway, this steelbook looks great. But it's one of those films where it doesn't deserve it I'm afraid. They should have given the steelbook of the first film this treatment instead, instead of that dreadfull washed out drawing design.........

Full gloss German double edition is a beauty and still fairly easy to get. Yeah this film is BAD! Arrow have done other films as digipaks far more deserving of a steel than this.

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Nearly double the price from Amazon?

Not sure why anyone would order from there. Shipping would be more expensive too! I guess for disc region coding reasons maybe.......

Just had a payment problem email, so this is currently being charged
That explains what release I had my debit card charged for this morning

Release date is not meant to until 25th September I had the funds available but was not expecting to have my debit card charged until at least another 2 weeks

OK @zavvi , whats going on with this ?, I pre-ordered expecting and budgeted for payment near the 25th September, and got charged for this today, and lots of others seem to have payment problems ?

you cannot charge 3 weeks before the release date, it's morally outrageous,..:punch:

Did you screw up ?, and accidently charge too early and tried to stop the process ?

This has annoyed me so much, that I've cancelled a few pre-orders, expecting the same crap to happen again, when I can't yet afford it.

I want answers....

OK @zavvi , whats going on with this ?, I pre-ordered expecting and budgeted for payment near the 25th September, and got charged for this today, and lots of others seem to have payment problems ?

you cannot charge 3 weeks before the release date, it's morally outrageous,..:punch:

Did you screw up ?, and accidently charge too early and tried to stop the process ?

This has annoyed me so much, that I've cancelled a few pre-orders, expecting the same crap to happen again, when I can't yet afford it.

I want answers....

Came in early. We shipped it early.

Sorry, Mr Y Fronts!

@zavvi
So this is the attitude I've come to expect right here from zavvi.

Are you going to hold it in your warehouse for 3 weeks, and ensure delivery on the 25th September release date, like the Guardians vol 2 steelbook ?

Is it too difficult to hold it off ?

We had a contract in place with Disney for delivery on release date. We do not have that in place with Arrow Video.