Bride of Re-Animator (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 4th , 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order will be live around 6 PM UK time on July 29)
Price: £17.99

tmp_10486-BoR624562592.jpg

11522065-7094503504616587.jpg 11522065-1314503504516957.jpg

Last edited:
While I actually prefer it shipping this week cos I have nothing else on order till the 18th, it is a bit annoying & I really hope it doesn't become a regular occurrence. Release dates are in place for a reason & they allow for budgeting & whatnot.
If all the steelbook releases set for the 25th charged & shipped today (taking into account those that might have ordered all of them), you'd have this, Scott Pilgrim, The Big Lebowski & O Brother Where Are Thou. A near 80 euro charge unexpectedly that might leave someone tight for cash.

Can't really tell anything by that. It's a computer generated video.

It gives the impression it will be glossy though....
Most of the scanavo videos the steelbooks yes does look gloss finish even when an actual steelbook is matte

It won't be know for sure the finish until in hand and that should be known soon with orders dispatched yesterday

Yeah, very misleading that is. I think they should give a truer impression of what the steelbook will actually look like, NOT what a GLOSSY version of it will look like.

• Thanks
Reactions: Mr.Vorhees
Got mine today. As said before, yea, it´s pretty dull crappy matte finish, Arrow can do much better. Now imagine this exact steelbook being in full shiny gloss with embossed title and border, let´s say made by Blufans :oohyeah::oohyeah: now that would be a killer :cigar:

Like the inside pic and booklet though.

Well, it'll go just about OK with the first one . . .not as well as it might've done what with artwork by Graham Humphreys on #1 and original poster art on this new one by no-one of note.

I've said it already and I'll say it again - wish they could've got hold of Graham Humphreys' poster for this one too to make for a v. nice matching pair with artwork on both by one of the best in the business:-
upload_2017-9-12_23-52-14.png
upload_2017-9-12_23-54-30.png

Also, the specially commissioned artwork for BRIDE by Gary Pullin - as seen on the Arrow boxset - maybe would have been a decent alternative but can understand why they didn't use it for both products:-
upload_2017-9-13_0-20-56.png

Oh, and before I forget, surely there's room for proper artwork from recognised and sometimes world renowned artists on steelbooks as well as glossy poster images (which I feel better suit bigger budget, more flashy films) !?
On the one hand it could be argued that a matte, zero or satin finish suits this type of cult film coming out of the Arrow, Eureka or other cult boutique label stable better than a full gloss finish . . . while on the other hand it could be argued that the steelbook finish has nothing whatsoever to do with the particular film inside the steelbook.
I will be in the minority when I state that I subscribe to the former school of thinking.

Quick look at RE-ANIMATOR and BRIDE:-
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

upload_2017-9-12_23-20-37.png

re-animator-1-2-steelbook-07.jpg

re-animator-1-2-steelbook-10.jpg

re-animator-1-2-steelbook-09.jpg

re-animator-1-2-steelbook-12.jpg

Last edited:
i just got this, after i bought the USA re animator steelbook and watched it for first time ever and loved the film i had to get this one, steelbook its really cool even when is not gloss lol, i just hope i like the film as well.