(CANCELLED) If.... [Masters of Cinema] (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why have Eureka started doing this? They did it with Red River and now this.

I know, I was gutted about Red River too. He didnt say. It is a shame, I agree. If people still want If... anyway, the amaray is still being released and its pretty cheap on amazon uk right now

Think it's to prevent them having overstocks of weighty steelbooks lying around with loads left over after pre-orders and initial release. There are still loads of their older steelbooks still available, some of them years after release. They probably decided there wasn't enough popularity around the title to justify a steelbook - I dunno if it's estimated on pre-order figures through Amazon and MovieMail or just a general testing of the waters. Anyway, it seems Pacino sells better than Wayne or McDowell, and can't say I'm surprised either. I went with the amaray anyway...shame it's no steelbook but still good it's getting released!

It could mean they will do another steelbook later in the year for a bigger release. Witness or Days Of Heaven would both be dreams come true...

I guess it makes sense for them to cancel due to excess of remaining stock. I just get annoyed when something awesome is announced and then decide to crush our hopes. It's rather unprofessional. Although I can't really complain as I didn't order this, but you get the jist. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.