Slipbox [CANCELLED] The Last Emperor (Blu-ray Slipbox) (World Cinema Library Exclusive No. 1) [China]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 2, 2014
UK, China
Release date: June 28th, 2016
Purchase link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Last-Em...=item3d1bd49053:g:USgAAOSw7ehXS6jJ&rmvSB=true
Price: $55.88
Note: Limited to 500 copies.
FB link: https://www.facebook.com/worldcinemalibrary/

纸套.jpg

Happy to announce that World Cinema Library(WCL), a selected collection of classic films, has been established.

WCL is formed by a few film aficionados just like you, and they are dedicated to release those important and remarkable titles in film history. They put a lot effort into designing and production to meet your high standards.

Their first exclusive release will be "The Last Emperor"(1987) by Bernardo Bertolucci. Packaging details and pre-order infos will be updated soon. Stay tuned:)

Last edited:
$56 is the price before shipping I suppose, so let's not imagine it's less than $75 total (though I'd be happy if it were cheaper).

But with those big books included, I expected something way too costly — now I'm kind of interested :).

Reactions: Chenhao
Price yes is decent but
More than 10 available ???????
Does not ship to most of the European countries but does ship to UK ?
That don't make any sense If a seller can ship to UK/USA/Asia/Canada/ Australia no reason why they can't ship to Rep of Ireland and all other European Union Countries

I don't like private sellers selling pre orders of limited editions on ebay especially when they list lots of stock from a print run even if price is at cost + shipping

In my opinion it should only be the retailer themselves selling pre orders on ebay and ships worldwide or be only local shipping

Maybe this is the official way of sales for this release?
The seller details shows it's a private seller not a company or retailer and selective shipping is strange the seller excludes lot of EU countries which make no sense if the seller can ship to UK/France/Spain/Denmark/Italy/Germany why is Ireland excluded

Postage to: United States, Europe, Asia, Canada, Australia

The seller does not ship to the following countries some I understand but a lot make no sense especially the some of the EU countries
Do the seller not know Ireland is in Europe :rofl:

Excludes: Alaska/Hawaii, APO/FPO, US Protectorates, Africa, Central America and Caribbean, Oceania, South America, Bermuda, Greenland, Mexico, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Bahrain, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Yemen, Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Gibraltar, Greece, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Sweden, Ukraine, Vatican City State, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Laos, Philippines, Vietnam, PO Box

Last edited:
Contact the seller for shipping locations. Anyway, you are covered by ebay for the purchase.
After all, the seller is from China where this item is originating from.It would be more skeptical if they were located outside their continent with loads of copies.They pre-ordered these to chinese buyers a week ago and makes sense that some bought a few.

Price yes is decent but
More than 10 available ???????
Does not ship to most of the European countries but does ship to UK ?
That don't make any sense If a seller can ship to UK/USA/Asia/Canada/ Australia no reason why they can't ship to Rep of Ireland and all other European Union Countries

I don't like private sellers selling pre orders of limited editions on ebay especially when they list lots of stock from a print run even if price is at cost + shipping

In my opinion it should only be the retailer themselves selling pre orders on ebay and ships worldwide or be only local shipping
It says "official store" so it is the retailer themselves using ebay to sell them at cost. I have nothing against that. Makes it easier for them, especially when you're a startup company.

It says "official store" so it is the retailer themselves using ebay to sell them at cost. I have nothing against that. Makes it easier for them, especially when you're a startup company.
They need to correct the shipping options
I can't make a purchase as Ireland is excluded as a shipping option
Seller has some EU countries excluded that's has to be an error considering they do ship to UK/France/Spain/Denmark/Italy/Germany

Ireland is in Europe or have I missed something recently :LOL:

Reactions: AlienKing
I sent a message to the seller to ask why is Ireland excluded as a postage option and asked to correct this if possible

I love the fact that you can get the extended version on blu. But I wish they dropped the screenplays: 2 extra books that make the box set massive that I'll never look at. It looks like they were getting paid by the page to print that thing; there are so few lines per page. The picture book looks like it will take as long to get through as watching the movie. If WCL do this with all their releases, collectors will need to build a room edition. I've seen people wanting money for secondhand screenplays on Pawn Stars and no one wants to buy them.

I'd like a regular edition with the 2 movie cuts and the postcards. Sometimes less is more. This is beyond my shelf's budget.

TLE chinese script s-l1600.jpg TLE books s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
I love the fact that you can get the extended version on blu. But I wish they dropped the screenplays: 2 extra books that make the box set massive that I'll never look at. It looks like they were getting paid by the page to print that thing; there are so few lines per page. The picture book looks like it will take as long to get through as watching the movie. If WCL do this with all their releases, collectors will need to build a room edition. I've seen people wanting money for secondhand screenplays on Pawn Stars and no one wants to buy them.

I'd like a regular edition with the 2 movie cuts and the postcards. Sometimes less is more. This is beyond my shelf's budget.

View attachment 244731 View attachment 244732
I really agree with that. The Japan Editions of SPEED and the DIE HARD movies were great because they are the only versions available with the original poster art on the boxes and Amarays - but they came at a higher price (and bulkiness) because they all included screenplay books! I LOVE DIE HARD - but it isn't exactly Shakespeare!
I don't need a screenplay!! ( and since it is in Japanese it is completely pointless!)
Is the LE screenplay at least in more than one language including English?!
(Even if it is - I still don't care! Leave out screenplay books!!)

Is the LE screenplay at least in more than one language including English?!
(Even if it is - I still don't care! Leave out screenplay books!!)
There are 2 screenplay books, both say "Chinese" on the spine, but the first picture shows English.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: C.C. 95

View attachment 244731 View attachment 244732

Sadly, that is how 'Hollywood Format' plays out - more or less.

That screenplay format was designed for lazy Studio Execs, Lazy Actors, and to keeps writers in check as it severly restricts how much you can get on a page.
Along with the customary Hollywood demand of 1page/min, and excluding 'direction' which traditionally belongs to the writer, it is a bloody nightmare.

As an aside, the vast majority of the best screenplays ever written would never be produced today due to this ludicrous format!

Guys, that is the official store that WCL will be selling their 1st release.
Sorry I didn't post the link ahead.
OP updated now.

And FYI, this seller will be in charge of WCL's international sales. WCL will allocate enough copies to him. So it's not a private sale. Until WCL had an official website, this eBay shop will be their designated online store.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.