Slipbox [CANCELLED] The Last Emperor (Blu-ray Slipbox) (World Cinema Library Exclusive No. 1) [China]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 2, 2014
UK, China
Release date: June 28th, 2016
Purchase link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Last-Em...=item3d1bd49053:g:USgAAOSw7ehXS6jJ&rmvSB=true
Price: $55.88
Note: Limited to 500 copies.
FB link: https://www.facebook.com/worldcinemalibrary/

纸套.jpg

Happy to announce that World Cinema Library(WCL), a selected collection of classic films, has been established.

WCL is formed by a few film aficionados just like you, and they are dedicated to release those important and remarkable titles in film history. They put a lot effort into designing and production to meet your high standards.

Their first exclusive release will be "The Last Emperor"(1987) by Bernardo Bertolucci. Packaging details and pre-order infos will be updated soon. Stay tuned:)

Last edited:
I really agree with that. The Japan Editions of SPEED and the DIE HARD movies were great because they are the only versions available with the original poster art on the boxes and Amarays - but they came at a higher price (and bulkiness) because they all included screenplay books! I LOVE DIE HARD - but it isn't exactly Shakespeare!
I don't need a screenplay!! ( and since it is in Japanese it is completely pointless!)
Is the LE screenplay at least in more than one language including English?!
(Even if it is - I still don't care! Leave out screenplay books!!)
Two screenplays, one in Chinese, the other in English.
Screenplays will not be a standard extra for WCL's future release.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: WKRP and C.C. 95
Two screenplays, one in Chinese, the other in English.
Screenplays will not be a standard extra for WCL's future release.
I appreciate the idea. But, I think it just adds cost and bulk. I think most would like a standard booklet about the film and film cards. I have ordered it though and look forward to WCL's #1!!:thumbs:

They need to correct the shipping options
I can't make a purchase as Ireland is excluded as a shipping option
Seller has some EU countries excluded that's has to be an error considering they do ship to UK/France/Spain/Denmark/Italy/Germany

Ireland is in Europe or have I missed something recently :LOL:
Of course. I understand. :thumbs:
Let us know any updates. :)

Reactions: paulboland
I have asked if it's possible to mark as Merchandise $20.00
But with the size and weight of the parcel I suspect I will get hit for VAT with customs on my order either way

The seller just got back to me and told me all overseas orders value will be marked as $8.88

I got a feeling customs won't believe that value considering the size and weight of the parcel

If it works brilliant but I doubt been marked that low will avoid customs ? the value

Seller has replied to me in regards to marking value $8.88 is to low and agrees it's better if marked as $20.00 instead

Better chance of avoiding customs if $20 but with this release I will not be surprised if I still get hit by customs simply because of the size and weight of the parcel

Yeah, seems like a hell of a bombshell. Hope there's more to this story than a straight cancellation.

I am very sorry to confirm that this release will be cancelled due to the censorship.
WCL refused to compromise when authorities asked them to edit out certain scenes with nudity and political sensitivities.
Therefore, they made a difficult decision to cancel this release rather than give collectors an incomplete one.
They are truly sorry for this and hope everyone will still have faith in WCL.

Status
Not open for further replies.