[CANCELLED] The Wolf Of Wall Street (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd Exclusive #13) [Korea]

Which lenticular artwork you would like to see

• candidate #1

Votes: 98 55.1%
  • candidate #2

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • None of above

Votes: 50 28.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Release date: June
oversea only.
artwork: WEA, TBA

Personally I love Geek Tragedy artwork below.
5z5t.jpg

Status: Approval stage. but Paramount asked kimchidvd to use back artwork as UK/German artwork so now Kimchi tried to change the back artwork
Lenticular candidate #1
223020405292EA09065A1F

Lenticular candidate #2
245A313F5292E9D919C956

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    546.2 KB · Views: 220
Last edited by a moderator:
Candidate 2 has been used elsewhere as well see the French Digipak and the Target steelbook and its awful. I'm not a fan of either art work as a lenticular image but option 1 is clearly the better one

True, but it looked bad on Target because it was only a half image. Covering the full surface I'm sure it will look much improved. However I still wish Kimchi had worked something out with Paramount where they could use an original design.

Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
This is lame. Artwork 1 which majority of you voted for is the SAME read it --> SAME as the Amray artwork. And Candidate 2 would have been better but has also been used before. Wtf is going on? Kimchi couldn't come up with an original design? This has completely killed my interest in ordering this steel.

There are far more politics involved in creating unique artwork, it is not just hey put this scene here with this dude there and submit to the press. Usually studios have a set of artwork for releases and new artwork has to be approved, from what I know is that sometimes these approvals go up as far as directors/actors in order to allow their image/content. So it can be a very long and expensive process if you don't use the set of pre-approved artwork.

How has Film Arena/Czech steelbook got the unique artwork (at least for the back)....it seems that artwork is confirmed....

This is lame. Artwork 1 which majority of you voted for is the SAME read it --> SAME as the Amray artwork.
How about you just don't buy the amaray then?
And Candidate 2 would have been better but has also been used before. Wtf is going on? Kimchi couldn't come up with an original design? This has completely killed my interest in ordering this steel.
I bet Kimchi could come up with a hundred different designs for this movie. That doesn't mean that Paramount would approve any of those.

I swear, people get bent about the strangest things. Kimchidvd have shown time and again that they care about their steelbooks. I doubt these images were chosen without lots of thought and effort. I loved this movie and I have the UK steel on preorder and will hit the preorder button on Kimchi when this goes live.
The Target steelbook was sh!tty looking IMO.
I think both steels will look beautiful and I'm not very concerned about if these images were used elsewhere. They'll look original on my shelf.

Reactions: zoneism and harry
Noting wrong with choice 1 as a lenticular slipcase, it would add some good depth to it and IMO would look very good.

Remember that the front artwork will be different, although it's not been confirmed yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.