[CANCELLED] X-Men: First Class (Blu-ray Viva Metal Box)(Future Shop) [Canada]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blu-devil

Steelbook Surgeon General
Premium Supporter
Update 9/6/2011-per WhiteKnight at FS-this has been cancelled by the Studio.

Per update posted first at hidefninja.com on 7/28 this is not a Steelbook or Ironpack.

Futureshop has X-Men First Class as an exclusive metal packaging.
Hopefully it will also be embossed.
It does look gorgeous though.
Thanks to Fan Of Gaming for the heads up.

M2191956.jpg

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=e43f561e8d7e681c46395989fb5d4d2cen02

Last edited by a moderator:
Does This mean the rest of the metal packaging releases from futureshop will be cancelled?

I don't think so Karl - I think Disney is going ahead with this regardless (the Lion King case is already out in the US, for example).

Fox must have decided that they didn't want to be caught up in any potential legal problems by supporting the Viva Metal Box.

You have to remember, for some reason, ever since the first wave of Disney steelbooks, they've gone the cheaper route with Ironpacks and now these Metal Boxes.

Hi all-just a quick note-for anyone that was in my Canada group buy for the X-Men Metal Package, I've begun issuing refunds. You should have yours within 24 business hours. Thanks!

By the way, anybody in the US or Canada - I have two spots left on the group buy for the Amazon.fr steelbook if you want that.

Should be a very nice collectible release. :naughty:

I'm sure UK members have ordered extra Steels from Play so there should be enough for everyone.

I've ordered a few copies to help out. :]

Has the Play.com version been confirmed to be G2-sized?

No, not yet.

The only real worry I would have about a play.com steelbook, would be that it could end up like Source Code.

But Fox is a big studio and X-men was a big movie...the chances that its G2 and printed are very good.

I wonder what happened behind the scenes surrounding this, would be interested to hear what if any legal ramifications there were. Or if it was a quality control issue

No, not yet.

The only real worry I would have about a play.com steelbook, would be that it could end up like Source Code.

But Fox is a big studio and X-men was a big movie...the chances that its G2 and printed are very good.

I definitely hope so, will be tracking down a copy once it has been confirmed to be G2 and non-stickerbook. :)

I actually think that this cancellation is very good news for us Steelbook collectors. It means that Scanavo are really on the ball as far as destroying the manufacturers of these substandard turds. Hopefully soon the studios will realize this and stop their foolishness.

I actually think that this cancellation is very good news for us Steelbook collectors. It means that Scanavo are really on the ball as far as destroying the manufacturers of these substandard turds. Hopefully soon the studios will realize this and stop their foolishness.

Oh so true. ;)

I got an e-mail from Future Shop a couple of days ago telling me they are sorry about the cancellation of this item and they even gave me a $10 off e-certificate for my troubles. I am pretty happy about the aftermath of this cancellation seeing as how it was not even a Steelbook in the first place. :)

weird how this is still on the FS website... it says in store pickup available but its not actually available. they should really remove that listing.

Status
Not open for further replies.