[CANCELLED] X-Men: First Class (Blu-ray Viva Metal Box)(Future Shop) [Canada]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blu-devil

Steelbook Surgeon General
Premium Supporter
Update 9/6/2011-per WhiteKnight at FS-this has been cancelled by the Studio.

Per update posted first at hidefninja.com on 7/28 this is not a Steelbook or Ironpack.

Futureshop has X-Men First Class as an exclusive metal packaging.
Hopefully it will also be embossed.
It does look gorgeous though.
Thanks to Fan Of Gaming for the heads up.

M2191956.jpg

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=e43f561e8d7e681c46395989fb5d4d2cen02

Last edited by a moderator:
I got it confirmed that it was definitely not SteelBook ... and since IronPack cant be sold, it just presumably seems to be Metal Box ... I guess it could technically be something else or MetalPak, but i doubt it.

If you really wanna see just how these will look. Just watch the scene in Pulp Fiction (Joe's Monster Truck And Tow) Or that scene in the Bond movie where the guy in the car has a "pressing engagement". That's just how I expect them to look. Like a cheap knackered car that's gone through a crusher. I'm adjusting my expectations accordingly.

Is this still coming out? I saw some people on BD forum questioning if it got canceled. I'm assuming it just disappeared from the Future Shop site because I saw it sell out right before it disappeared, but I wasn't sure if anyone here had any insight into this.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Futureshop site said that it was very limited in production and that stores may not even be getting them. The only way to get one was to preorder it online, just going to the store was like rolling the dice to see if you'd actually get one. So maybe it did sell out and they removed it because there are none left for anyone. That's what I'm hoping for at least since I got in on the group buy from this forum. :)

sad-panda.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

legal ramifications I would presume.

So if it was pulled for legal reasons, would that not affect the upcoming Disney titles as well (assuming they both use the same type of packaging)?

I'm really bummed out by this. Had I known, I would've got in on the UK group buy. :(

Blu-nope it didn't seem to be, but orders were still live and folks were def seeking confirmation one way or the other. It's possible the studio just saw it was not selling vs. the Steelbook. Who knows...but I am glad we can provide some update from the retailer for our members.All else, as usual, is speculation ;)

Wow, I hate to say it, but I saw this coming. The lack of information surrounding this release always left me nervous about it. Now, I definitely regret not jumping in on that UK group buy. Guess I'm heading to ebay. :(

Maybe this will teach the studios not to mess with a good thing. Just stick to releasing steelbooks and all their probelms will be solved :rolleyes:

Reactions: Blu-devil
Status
Not open for further replies.