[CANCELLED] X-Men: First Class (Blu-ray Viva Metal Box)(Future Shop) [Canada]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blu-devil

Steelbook Surgeon General
Premium Supporter
Update 9/6/2011-per WhiteKnight at FS-this has been cancelled by the Studio.

Per update posted first at hidefninja.com on 7/28 this is not a Steelbook or Ironpack.

Futureshop has X-Men First Class as an exclusive metal packaging.
Hopefully it will also be embossed.
It does look gorgeous though.
Thanks to Fan Of Gaming for the heads up.

M2191956.jpg

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=e43f561e8d7e681c46395989fb5d4d2cen02

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it depends on if you want a steelbook or not. I know some folks only collect steelbooks and they go for that edition no matter the country.

In my opinion, there's nothing like a steelbook, but this might be a good product too. I think the only thing that is a bit concerning is what happened with the ironpacks. When the first ironpack editions came out, they had some build issues - missing paint on the spine and other general defects like that.

I'm not saying that it will happen, but just something to think about.

That's the biggest risk you run when you for another product - especially when it's very new or the first of it's kind like this one - how good is the quality control? :ohno:

Oh Steelbooks are the best certainly. For me though, the artwork plays a big part in whether I buy a particular title. I've gone with an Ironpack over a Steelbook in the past because I liked how it looked. Also, having the movie's title in English (esp. on the spine) is a big plus.

Having said all that, the French Steelbook is mighty sexy indeed. :cool:

From all of our intel gathered, here's what it looks like ...

View attachment 3129

will give you more info soon. ;) the border effect you see at the top is optional.

As you can see, the spine resembles that of SteelBook(tm) so they are infringing. Guess we'll see how it goes.

Attachments

• newpackage.jpg
    newpackage.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 109
Sorry for the botched up art mess .... but it's a must for now ...

I dont have any confirmation yet that the Disney ones will match this ... but if the listings change to metal ... then you can count on it. They won't be steelbooks. :( Tho people are more than welcome to contact Disney in their Country and drop them emails expressing your love for steelbooks.

Bluray-items on Ebay are often described incorrectly-people use the word Steelcase, Steelbook, Metal Pack, Iron Pak, Iron Pack, etc etc, and many times it is incorrect.

As far as we know, this is a new Metal Package, that has nothing to do with Iron Pack, Metal Pak or Steelbook.

Anybody else notice this page has mysteriously disappeared from the Futureshop website? Did they cancel this or something?

That happens quite a bit with Future Shop. I'm sure it'll reappear when we get closer to the release date.

Yes, ap is correct-it will be back, HP 7.2 has disappeared too, as has Fast Five a few times. Not to worry. Unless we hear different, these items are still on...

DB

Is that confirmed not a steelbook?
I remember seeing at the other forum,
FoG said in their FS system, it showed as
a steelbook.

a steelbook.

Yes, confirmed at hidefninja not to be a steelbook from many sources.

a steelbook.

Well it wont be much longer and will see who is right. :) It's just in the FS system wrong, so it's misleading.

Hey Bluray-As far as we know, this is not a Steelbook, as Wreck has already confirmed with 1st hand sources that work with this site. It is "Collectible Metal Packaging"). The post by FOG you mention, was several weeks ago.

If anyone else needs a copy of this, feel free to join my group buy in progress.

Do we know how many discs are in this set? I know the Thai release is only 1 disc. It seems that the DVD & digital copy combo packs are the norm for most studios these days.

I thought I heard this is supposed to be a 2 disc set including the dvd, but I could be wrong, I suppose nobody can really know until we see this thing.

Hmm, I find it interesting that out of all the exclusive metal packaging blu rays at Future Shop, this seems to be the only one that doesn't clearly show an embossed border in the image. From what I've heard about metal boxes, they all have an embossed border, so now I'm wondering whether or not this is truly the same packaging as the Disney movies. Or has this been confirmed? Not sure if anyone knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.