Contributor
Premium Supporter
Aug 30, 2010
Shoreham By Sea, UK
Release Date : 22/09/2011

606852_f.jpg

http://www.boomerangshop.com/web/productdetail.aspx?pid=606852

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that we know the UK is getting a steelbook, I think it might be very likely that this one turns out to be a steelbook as well, as Thailand has shared releases with the UK in the past (see Predators).

I've added possible to the title and moved this back to the steelbook forum for now.

With Predators, it was region A/B for the UK edition.

But Thailand is region A.

So if this is indeed the same as the UK steelbook, it should be packaged with a Region A disc. :cool:

Thanks. Looks like I'll be ordering this one then.

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Question Regarding boomerang:

So, I tried to place an order for X-Men, and it went all the way through, but it never asked for my credit card. It said my order was placed, but not sure what happens at this point.

Question Regarding boomerang:

So, I tried to place an order for X-Men, and it went all the way through, but it never asked for my credit card. It said my order was placed, but not sure what happens at this point.

I believe they quote it out for you, including shipping and then ask you to send payment via paypal...at least, that's what I got from memory...

Predators steel says region A/B but it didn't play in my region A ps3.

I dont have this steel, however I did notice on some releases in my ps3 that if it tried to load something at the beginning you need to bypass it otherwise it picks up ISPs or something and then acts like its region locked. This happened to me with In Bruges when it shows the world symbol connecting, I hit X and then it played with no problem ... first time I hit nothing and it told me region locked.

was region free on my BD player too tho.

Reactions: ocielz
Hmmm, same pack shot as used for FS "Collectible Metal Packaging" which had been listed for several weeks, and now seems to no longer be on the site (but could come back). I wonder if Thailand could be dabbling in the new packaging, as well... (all speculation)....

hey there, would anyone be willing to purchase this X-Men First Class Blu Ray Steelbook and mail it to me, i would of course cover the cost of the item and shipping.

I live in Canada, and i would be willing to do the same if there are Canada Exclusive Steelbooks that someone might want.

if someone is willing to help me out, send me a message: [email protected]

i've seen it available on play.com, but they dont ship to Canada

thanks

Danno, once you have enough posts to visit the Trading forum (we prefer that folks contribute here, before buying and selling), and stick around to become part of the community), perhaps someone can assist you. Welcome to the site!

The big question is, do I order this one? Or do I try to get ahold of one of the Futureshop metalpacks. I'm leaning towards this one but I'm sure I'll get hammered with the shipping charges.

Pretty sure this cover is deceiving, Predators still had the ratings logos from the UK version at this store, so I'm assuming X-Men will be the same.

Does anybody have an actual image of the Thailand steelbook yet? I saw the UK version with the blue and red "stickers" on the bottom left of the cover and down the spine--it was kindof a turnoff for me. I'm curious what this looks like. :)

Anybody know?

Sincerely,

Your friendly neighborhood Reaper

Does anybody have an actual image of the Thailand steelbook yet? I saw the UK version with the blue and red "stickers" on the bottom left of the cover and down the spine--it was kindof a turnoff for me. I'm curious what this looks like. :)

Anybody know?

Sincerely,

Your friendly neighborhood Reaper

First off, welcome to the site!!

To answer your question, I don't think there are any actual images yet for this steelbook. It will most likely have the same front cover art as the rest of the releases, void of any logos.

Unless another country has a release that is sans logos then this one may well have the dreaded BBFC logos. The reason is that they may well share production costs with Play.com. If it does not it may well mean that there may very well be another release shortly after, Japan/ Korea/ Taiwan or Hong Kong.

Then again it could just end up being the new metal crap.

Unless another country has a release that is sans logos then this one may well have the dreaded BBFC logos. The reason is that they may well share production costs with Play.com. If it does not it may well mean that there may very well be another release shortly after, Japan/ Korea/ Taiwan or Hong Kong.

Then again it could just end up being the new metal crap.

You are right. I forgot that Thailand shares releases with the UK sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.