Captain America: Civil War (Lenticular) (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: October 16, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99
Notes: Embossing/debossing on front and back

11557669-1074518005203329.jpg

11557669-7214518005474730.jpg
11557669-1644518005676315.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah fairly new here so hadn't even see that before.

That's probably how some people struggle with it.

Anyway, tried again using that method and it didn't work so perhaps deactivated now.

Does it work with each pre order?

Understandable, you only joined on Sunday (in my little rant I still provided instructions though ;) lol). My comment was aimed more at people with a year plus on their join date.

• Thanks
Reactions: Bungral
Ordered! Like other collectors, I've decided to streamline my steelbook collecting and the Marvel movies are the ones that I want to collect all steelbook copies of!

Note: code did not work for me

Reactions: lgans316
From Zavvi's Twitter.

DKbL__-XcAEmEDN.jpg

Lenti lines up so let's hope they have improved the depth (lilo and stitch was the last lenti magnet I got and that wasn't bad but still had huge room for improvement)

Code still works people

How people struggle with the code is beyond me. It's been like this for a very long time (you add the item to your basket, close that page down, re-open the page through the code link and voila). You get around 15/20 mins to use it (sometimes less and bare in mind most pre orders go live 15/20 mins early too) and the more people ask for it before the item is live in the threads then more chance zavvi will just disable it quicker.

I will explain the frustration with this later on when I have more time.

It's a struggle for some reason. :happy:

Understandable, you only joined on Sunday (in my little rant I still provided instructions though ;) lol). My comment was aimed more at people with a year plus on their join date.

Yeah the instructions helped as I had no idea. That said, I was trying with the link on page 5 which didn't work for me at all after repeated attempts. Randomly tried the link on page 4 and worked great.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo

To be fair though sometimes it's a pain in the ass to get it to work. Iv had to use different devices before to get it to work.

Lenti lines up so let's hope they have improved the depth (lilo and stitch was the last lenti magnet I got and that wasn't bad but still had huge room for improvement)

Yeah most look like they line up well.

Is there a slight dodgy bit with Caps cheek / helmet on the left edge?

Edit: scratch that. Lots of issues on the shield.

To be fair though sometimes it's a pain in the ass to get it to work. Iv had to use different devices before to get it to work.

You possibly have to close your browsers down or refresh it. I use iPhone and I have to do that to see the product live and get the code to work

Yeah most look like they line up well.

Is there a slight dodgy bit with Caps cheek / helmet on the left edge?

Edit: scratch that. Lots of issues on the shield.

It lines up much better than previous early attempts

Bits of the shield on the left don't and caps cheek by a smudge but you can tell the lenti needs to slide to the left a little (in that pic)
They won't all be put on with precision

You possibly have to close your browsers down or refresh it. I use iPhone and I have to do that to see the product live and get the code to work

It lines up much better than previous early attempts

Bits of the shield on the left don't and caps cheek by a smudge but you can tell the lenti needs to slide to the left a little (in that pic)
They won't all be put on with precision

Are they usually pretty bad then?

Some parts line up nice like the buckle on his shoulder and very close on the top of the shield.

Finally got the code to work but seriously, for everyone who couldn't, don't feel bad. Visited the site and it automatically set the country settings to Germany and I couldn't get to any other Zavvi site ... not .com, not .co.uk .. so obviously the code didn't work. Nor did the link on page 4 coz Zavvi automatically redirected to the German page. I had to clear the cookies to be able to access the .com page. So yeah ... freaking pain to get this thing to work. Requested cancellation of my first order now as the discount from the code gives me a much higher chance to get this through customs.

Are they usually pretty bad then?

Some parts line up nice like the buckle on his shoulder and very close on the top of the shield.

Shocking lentis. Some of the early wave literally have 1 or 2 things move. Barely any layers but they are getting a bit better. They are like fac lentis lol

Not like a premium lenti from say nova were its full of depth, characters/ items look 3D etc (these lenti magnets are more like flat layers). Even ammrays lenti slips get better depth and movement so I don't know why they are lackster on these

Hope the embossing on the back don't mean it has a second border and more like daredevil (front) where the design is to deboss sections so the rest looks embossed
Fingers crossed. Borders on the back look tacky

They've had over a year to fix the Lenti problem and they're still persisting with these 2/3rd Lenti's that don't match up correctly. Why didn't they stick with the company that made their full size steelbook Lenti's for the Hulk steelbooks.
More proof that Zavvi just don't care.

They've had over a year to fix the Lenti problem and they're still persisting with these 2/3rd Lenti's that don't match up correctly. Why didn't they stick with the company that made their full size steelbook Lenti's for the Hulk steelbooks.
More proof that Zavvi just don't care.
Zavvi have nothing to do with the lenti magnets production or any of the design of the steelbook and lenti
It's film distributor release given to Zavvi a retailer to sell
This is a Disney release all design of artwork of the steelbook and Lenti is by Disney

It would be the same steelbook and lenti magnet if retailer was Hmv or Amazon

Film Arena will also be selling this steelbook and will have the same lenti magnet

Hulk films was Universal Pictures release and they did the design of both those steelbooks and lenti magnets and is why those lenti magnets was different to what Disney do

Different film distributors

Last edited: