Captain America: Civil War (Lenticular) (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: October 16, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99
Notes: Embossing/debossing on front and back

11557669-1074518005203329.jpg

11557669-7214518005474730.jpg
11557669-1644518005676315.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@virkia - What's your take on this release compared to the others?

Nice of you to ask.
Over the moon about this release and feel it could be a worthy addition to the collection although I think it would have been an excellent non-lenti steelbook too for those not keen on the previous . . . only this time instead of a de-bossed spot glossed split we'd have an embossed title and embossed shield forming part of the frame.

Anyway, as can be seen, a much more traditional, more basic 3/4 portrait pose than the cleverly thought out previous with its split faces artwork . . . a decent 3D flip lenticular would be ideal - tilt the image and Iron-Man appears in the shield (as shown) tilt the other way and he disappears - yet still allowing for a certain degree of depth between Cap and his shield.
Still unclear if this will be a framed lenti as on the previous lenti releases or if Disney will try something new and give us a full height lenti.

The back art on this new one looks great and better than on the previous with static vs. motion imagery.

Very dynamic inside art (same as previous).

Unclear on what is here in the way of 'bossing.

Day one pre-order for me.

How does this one stack up against previous CA: CIVIL WAR steelbooks ?
With the limited info available on this new one clearly too soon to label the eggs in the basket but . . . I'd put it at #2

#1 Most attractive package, colouring and design . . . but busy as hell with all those floating cut-outs.
150142ddkak5nt66zdnwj3-jpg.277191

150147ba2d8aontl26rt8t-jpg.277192

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
upload_2017-9-23_17-3-13.png
upload_2017-9-23_17-17-57.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
film_22109_3.jpg
Civil-War-steelbook-4.jpg
Civil-War-steelbook-3-1.jpg
Civil-War-steelbook-5.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Blufans is a great steelbook however I'm not a fan of the actual artwork, far too photoshop looking with all the characters just plonked left right and centre

Feel/Hope Kimchi will give us something really outstanding

According to Zavvi they are saying on the order page that title and Cap are embossed on the front while on the back both Iron Man and Cap are embossed.

So far the Zavvi one looks best to me. Don't get me wrong, the Blufans steel does look nice but the front is way too busy for my liking. Way too many characters, way too much to look at and nothing really stands out. The WWA is nice too but the back and front art don't go that well together imo. So yeah, just judging from pictures, this one here is the one I like best.

I have the previous Zavvi release for this and I think it is the least desireable. I'm not a fan of how they have put the images together. the shield works but Iron Man's helmet doesn't. I don't like how it
has been ripped in half and the eye still lit up (you could argue Stark technology there lol), as well as the perspective of it and sizing. The shield is obviously going to be larger than the helmet but it just looks off. I really think it needed a different image here. It has never quite looked right in my opinion, just laying there on the ground without much depth to it.

I guess I'll wait until tomorrow if it's still in stock and order it wilh Dr. Strange.

No point paying for shipping twice.

If I miss it, then I'll skip both and save myself $100 Canadian.