Captain America: The First Avenger (ZBOX) (Blu-ray SteelBook Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: November 23rd, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £39.99

Also see individual thread:
Captain America: The First Avenger (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook + Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

11165425-7824323603754965.jpg

cap_full.jpg IMG_20150902_181835.jpg
11165425-1954323604208604.jpg 11165425-1524323604214388.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This crap is still avaliable! Lolololol.
Same goes for the Iron Man one.. haha. Zavvi, failtards.
Could have sold out immediately if it was sold alone.

As stated previously, this bundling gives collectors a fair chance to get a copy of the steelbook of their choice as "sold out immediately" is NOT in everybody's best interest.

Anyway, this bundling is only restricted to two or three titles out of the hundreds of steelbook titles available and, what's more, it's only restricted to titles that have already been released in arguably better looking steelbooks.

I personally would never buy a ZBOX because I have no use for one and consequently would not buy one only to get the steelbook that is exclusively attached to it BUT I can see that people ARE buying them because if they were not then they would be discontinued and consigned to the retailer rubbish dump of history alongside other unsuccessful ideas.
It's business suicide for a company to keep making a product that nobody is buying and they might as well make up the boxes and have them transported directly to a storage facility or even bury them in the ground around the country in 'Time Capsules' . . . and maybe when they are dug up in 50 years time they will be 'collector's items' . . .

I ordered this bundle when first announced knowing that the swag in the box will be tat and the steelbook will likely be subpar, saying that though I would rather pay it to zavvi then someone scalping one of these for £40-£50 on eBay

Your point is well-made and understandable . . . if you don't already own one or both of the previous two U.K. "CA" steelbooks though this one IMO is hardly the pick of the bunch (judging by the layout and artwork on the mock-up).
Not personally a fan of lenticular cards stuck to steelbooks even though they can look very nice - "Life of Pi" for example - and I hope that this one is more like that example than the "Avengers Assemble" one.

still no pics of the lenticular i see, i wonder how many will keep there order if they go look at the avengers assemble lenti quality as there first example.

also bear in mind this is still availble to pre-order, correction the web page now shows a buy now button but that may be due to already shipped zbox as a thought.

anyway be interesting to see the quality and correct sizing of there lenti like was very badly done on AA.
well find out in 2 weeks

basil :thumbs:

Customers who Pre-ordered the Heroes & Villains ZBOX With Captain America
The Zbox was already despatched to customers on 2nd Oct and that's why is listed as Buy Now

The Steelbook is scheduled for release on 9th Nov and will be despatched on or after this date if release date does not change
The steelbook is despatched separate from the Zbox and is only available if you order the Zbox Bundle
The steelbook is not available on its own to order you have to buy the Zbox Steelbook bundle

If you order the Zbox/Steelbook bundle now you will have the Heroes & Villains ZBOX despatched now and at a later date the steelbook despatched to you

Last edited:
Reactions: capricornio34232
I thought that was a bull's head on the ZBOX but then looked at it again and saw that it was a "Z" mirror-imaged.
The box looks pretty full but I wonder if the contents are 'worth' the reported value of GBP 35 - 40 ?
I suppose with Christmas just around the corners there may be a few decent stocking-fillers for the children in there ?
Nevertheless, can't bring myself to order this - more out of principle though.

I missed all the editions of the first CA steelbooks so far :( If I were a collector of this kind of stuff (zbox contents), I might give it a go.
But seeing that 90% of the stuff would be treated as junk cluttering space, it's a real pity. If they insist with this bundles, they could at least give us more options. At least they could combine it with some LEGOs for example. Too bad :( I guess my collection will keep missing this movie in sb format :(

So far, If and ONLY IF you bought this with the FIRST AVENGER ZBOX bundle you can expect to receive this steelbook on or around THURSDAY 19TH NOVEMBER and that's my guesstimate going by the recent excellent arrival times of Z. steelbooks.

November 23 was the previous release date listed for this both Captain America and Iron Man Steelbooks
I posted this a few weeks ago
Its not unusual for Zavvi to change release dates and then change back to a previous planned release date
:LOL: Don't be surprised if it changes again to another different date
Release Date for the Steelbook
If you pre ordered the Villains or Renegades Zbox
Captain America and Iron Man steelbooks both have the same release date
23rd November

Reactions: eLviS1987
Answer to my tweet was @IAMZBOX: @supermandale @The_ZBOX there was an issue with some of the printing, out of our control I'm afraid. Am sure you'd not want a damaged one?

GBP 28.99 for the "Sold out" and not 'available by itself' steelbook.
I'd guess this is going to be made available by itself shortly.