Captain America: The First Avenger (ZBOX) (Blu-ray SteelBook Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: November 23rd, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £39.99

Also see individual thread:
Captain America: The First Avenger (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook + Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

11165425-7824323603754965.jpg

cap_full.jpg IMG_20150902_181835.jpg
11165425-1954323604208604.jpg 11165425-1524323604214388.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And now i wonder, why do they always cut off the heads so darn much?? Is it so hard to size the pictures inside the frames?

I don't want this as I have a CA but recently Zavvi stopped you from buying simply one zbox so how does it work for these combined bundles are you now tied into subscription?

I don't want this as I have a CA but recently Zavvi stopped you from buying simply one zbox so how does it work for these combined bundles are you now tied into subscription?
The Zbox/Steelbook combos are not a subscription they are one off purchases only

The Zbox on its own yes are a subscription with a choice of 1 Month/3 Month/6 Month/1 Year
Which you can cancel at any time

When you order a Zbox/Steelbook combo you are not tied to any subscription to Zbox

Last edited:
Reactions: Flash
Not too happy with the way that Zavvi have dealt with this release! I'm annoyed that we have had to purchase an unwanted box of cheap garbage to be given the opportunity to purchase a specific SteelBook, but I'm more annoyed that there has been zero communication from Zavvi regarding the proposed dispatch of said SteelBook! I don't understand why they would sell two items together which have release dates months apart. Surely the whole point of a bundle is that the two items are actually bundled together? You don't go and buy a car only to be told that the wheels will be sent to you two months down the line...

Imagine if you went to a restaurant and ordered a burger, but they first brought you out the garnish and the buns, and then finally the burger part an hour later. You wouldn't stand for it! Similarly, Walmart doesn't state that you can only buy a crate of beer if you first buy frozen peas, dental floss, and a cabbage! It's just not done! So why should we tolerate this kind of behaviour from Zavvi?

Too many people here are either content with being walked all over, or are too afraid to speak out for what's right for fear of being shut-down by HDN moderators who don't like anything bad being said about their beloved Zavvi! It's about time someone here passed on our feedback to Zavvi so that they can improve their service and cease these ridiculous Zbox schemes!

Not too happy with the way that Zavvi have dealt with this release! I'm annoyed that we have had to purchase an unwanted box of cheap garbage to be given the opportunity to purchase a specific SteelBook, but I'm more annoyed that there has been zero communication from Zavvi regarding the proposed dispatch of said SteelBook! I don't understand why they would sell two items together which have release dates months apart. Surely the whole point of a bundle is that the two items are actually bundled together? You don't go and buy a car only to be told that the wheels will be sent to you two months down the line...

Imagine if you went to a restaurant and ordered a burger, but they first brought you out the garnish and the buns, and then finally the burger part an hour later. You wouldn't stand for it! Similarly, Walmart doesn't state that you can only buy a crate of beer if you first buy frozen peas, dental floss, and a cabbage! It's just not done! So why should we tolerate this kind of behaviour from Zavvi?

Too many people here are either content with being walked all over, or are too afraid to speak out for what's right for fear of being shut-down by HDN moderators who don't like anything bad being said about their beloved Zavvi! It's about time someone here passed on our feedback to Zavvi so that they can improve their service and cease these ridiculous Zbox schemes!

Well, basically i'm totally with you right here - BUT (now comes the big point):

Nobody forced you to buy it, right?

The best way to show them that this kind of bundle is not desirable from us collectors, is to not buy it.
If a big number of potential buyers would just hold back and not buy it, they would either have to drop the price down a lot, or (what would be the better result) sell the two items seperately.
By buying this bundle (or these bundles) , you only show them that you're willing to support this kind of marketing. :thumbs:

Last edited:
Well, basically i'm totally with you right here - BUT (now comes the big point):

Nobody forced you to buy it, right?

The best way to show them that this kind of bundle is not desirable from us collectors, is to not buy it.
If a big number of potential buyers would just hold back and not buy it, the would either have to drop the price down a lot, or (what would be the better result) sell the two items seperately.
By buying this bundle, you only show them that you're willing to support this kind of marketing. :thumbs:

Nail and head! Buying it = Zavvi wins

This crap is still avaliable! Lolololol.
Same goes for the Iron Man one.. haha. Zavvi, failtards.
Could have sold out immediately if it was sold alone.

Reactions: monsterzebra
Me personally i think zavvi have missed the boat with these zboxs. There decision to marry them with steelbooks, to most of us is madness but to them its a way to increase profits.
What they should of done is gone down the FA root and offered a complete package. Design the zboxs around the steelbooks.
If they released Captain America or Ironman where the zbox had matching artwork numbered box's, i.e matching merchandise T-shirts, posters, magnets etc most people i think would be all over these, i would be. I do not own Captain America or Iron man and would love to add them to my collection, but with the way things are i will have to just wait for someone else to release them.

Last edited:
It'll no doubt be the same art work as the steelbook, which will be blurry and sit inside the border and not line up like the avengers one, crap basically

The below is not strictly aimed at you, but at anyone who's spreading this [redacted]

As pointed out by myself and other mods in this thread and others, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and entitled to express that opinion, provided that expression doesn't flirt with vulgarity and over the top rudeness, be it towards third parties or other members, that's where we draw the line and remove those posts.

So let's please stop once and for all this nonsense about there being a conspiracy because this is pretty laughable at this point.

No one is forcing anyone to buy anything, you do it willingly. If you don't like what's offered, then state your opinion and move along.

And for anyone who has issues with the retailer, they can post about it in this thread. Thanks.

RE: LENTICULAR on the CAPTAIN AMERICA STEELBOOK
Personally don't see the point of lenticulars on steelbooks as seems to me a cheap and cheerful way to avoid doing any 'work' to the steelbook itself such as embossing, de-bossing, glossing etc.
Big fan of lenticular slipcovers on Blu-rays though and some can look really very nice.
I accept that these 3D lenticulars are really quite old technology and remember these well from the 1970s when they were freely available as postcards (mostly of cute animals) and as larger pictures which came with cheap plastic frames.

For those who dont like the whole zbox gimmick id say that there are plenty of other Captain America and Iron man steels floating about, so maybe goto the trade/sales section? Or ebay.

Either way stressing yourself out over what will never change is pointless.

Dont worry, be happy :)

The below is not strictly aimed at you, but at anyone who's spreading this [redacted]

As pointed out by myself and other mods in this thread and others, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and entitled to express that opinion, provided that expression doesn't flirt with vulgarity and over the top rudeness, be it towards third parties or other members, that's where we draw the line and remove those posts.

So let's please stop once and for all this nonsense about there being a conspiracy because this is pretty laughable at this point.

No one is forcing anyone to buy anything, you do it willingly. If you don't like what's offered, then state your opinion and move along.

And for anyone who has issues with the retailer, they can post about it in this thread. Thanks.
well said :thumbs: saying pretty much the same thing over and over is not doing anything :rofl: