Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 564
Last edited by a moderator:
No matter the background of the deal, which is irrelevant anyway, the fact remains that some lucky people picked up a number of usually high-priced Disney steelbooks for VERY GOOD PRICES (for Disney steelbooks anyway) and it would be nice, though probably unrealistic on a forum such as this one, to see some positive comments posted for a change instead of the interminable moaning.

BTW I did not benefit at all from this deal as I paid the pre-order prices for at least two of them .
Regarding two of the others included in the deal: (1) CINDERELLA 2015 was returned for a refund (spine issues) and (2) INTO THE WOODS I waited and waited and waited for a price drop and finally bought on the secondary market on the 20 / 9 / 15 for GBP 15.24 so as you can see I personally have no reason to thank Zavvi for a deal that I did nott benefit from but others did and should . . . IMO.

Last edited:
No matter the background of the deal, which is irrelevant anyway, the fact remains that some lucky people picked up a number of usually high-priced Disney steelbooks for VERY GOOD PRICES (for Disney steelbooks anyway) and it would be nice, though probably unrealistic on a forum such as this one, to see some positive comments posted for a change instead of the interminable moaning.

No one's said anything about older titles appearing in the deal.

I'm all for it, sure, why not? Well done Zavvi for adding the steelbooks to the Disney BOGOF. Some of them have been out for months, others less so. It's only this one title where anyone's upset. A title, due out on a Monday, goes straight into the deal on that Monday, yet most of us were charged on the Wednesday before release without being given the full facts. No one could have figured out that was going to happen. It never has before. Not once has any Disney steelbook appeared in Zavvi's BOGOF.

To commend Zavvi for putting any steelbooks in the Disney deal would be like commending any e-tailer for putting titles in any sale. That's the nature of the game. Buy now at full price, or wait a month for a deal. That's fine. Not buy now at full price, then on release day you could have had something free with it but it's too late now.

Reactions: Flloydo
No one's said anything about older titles appearing in the deal.

I'm all for it, sure, why not? Well done Zavvi for adding the steelbooks to the Disney BOGOF. Some of them have been out for months, others less so. It's only this one title where anyone's upset. A title, due out on a Monday, goes straight into the deal on that Monday, yet most of us were charged on the Wednesday before release without being given the full facts. No one could have figured out that was going to happen. It never has before. Not once has any Disney steelbook appeared in Zavvi's BOGOF.

To commend Zavvi for putting any steelbooks in the Disney deal would be like commending any e-tailer for putting titles in any sale. That's the nature of the game. Buy now at full price, or wait a month for a deal. That's fine. Not buy now at full price, then on release day you could have had something free with it but it's too late now.

People should get over it as I have - it was probably a move to shift stock that they stubbornly refused to reduce in price - INTO THE WOODS - or just couldn't shift such as the execrable - CINDERELLA 2015.

People should get over it as I have - it was probably a move to shift stock that they stubbornly refused to reduce in price - INTO THE WOODS - or just couldn't shift such as the execrable - CINDERELLA 2015.

Which is fine, like I said and you actually quoted.

No one said anything about Into the Woods or Cinderella. I'm only talking about the inclusion of The Princess and the Frog. Putting it into the BOGOF on the day of release yet charging and shipping out before that date, thus depriving the consumer the chance to decide for themselves is morally wrong.

If I'd bought either Into the Woods or Cinderella upon release, I wouldn't care if 3 weeks later they ended up in the BOGOF. Them's the breaks. If the BOGOF started in 3 weeks time and I'd had The Princess and the Frog since last Thursday, then I wouldn't care then either.

In many places, the Disney BOGOF started before Zavvi even shipped PatF out, so Zavvi must have know it'd be included in their own sale. They could have waited longer to add it, they could have let customers know in advance, they could have offered discounts to those of us that ordered it. They chose not to.

Yes, I am over it and no, I'm not going to do anything about it. That's my choice. All I'm saying is that Zavvi should have thought about their customers a little more.

Your point is taken about PatF - being so new an' all - and the simple answer to anyone bitter about the BOGOF is to return the pre-ordered copy as 'unwanted', pay the small postage charge to return it and order again with the BOGOF with another one missing from your collection (if there is one) out of the small selection available.

It is frustrating when on the day of release a title goes straight into the BOGOF.

Most of us probably know about the twice yearly Disney deal, but this is the first time AFAIK that any of Zavvi's steelbooks have ended up in it

it happened last year and I took advantage of it. Mary Poppins and 2 other titles were included in the BOGOF deal. However, I think your point is a new released item like CINDERELLA & PRINCESS n THE FROG which AFAIK I don't recall happening.

Zavvi refunded me on my missing orders but now they've closed my account why exactly am I being punished for paying for items sometimes they don't turn up which is beyond my control I get my account closed. Even writing to the head office is a waste of time as they don't answer back, poor customer services.

Zavvi refunded me on my missing orders but now they've closed my account why exactly am I being punished for paying for items sometimes they don't turn up which is beyond my control I get my account closed. Even writing to the head office is a waste of time as they don't answer back, poor customer services.
Zavvi don't hand out account deletions like a sweets at Halloween, but they will look at the percentage of items ordered to missing reports and if it is over a certain amount (don't know what level that is though) they will suspend accounts.

It is to protect them from bad buyers who take the proverbial...

However, if your having lots of mail go missing, surely you must suspect the postman/women and you should contact your local delivery office and speak to the manager there and complain about the quantity and type of items which are going missing.

In the meantime, just open a new account with zavvi, use a different email address to do so, and you should be back with an account.

Reactions: digitalbabe
Zavvi don't hand out account deletions like a sweets at Halloween, but they will look at the percentage of items ordered to missing reports and if it is over a certain amount (don't know what level that is though) they will suspend accounts.

It is to protect them from bad buyers who take the proverbial...

However, if your having lots of mail go missing, surely you must suspect the postman/women and you should contact your local delivery office and speak to the manager there and complain about the quantity and type of items which are going missing.

In the meantime, just open a new account with zavvi, use a different email address to do so, and you should be back with an account.

This is good advice to complain about the delivery service, if someone is a being shady and stealing post they need to be punished, usually this is unforgivable, delivery/mailing companies will not keep staff they can't trust and rely on, it's bad for business and dishonest, they need to be made aware so quality of service is restored.

I know UK retailers/companies keep records of returns they look at the number of returns or missing items, maybe a trigger in the system, this happens offline too with some stores, anything they feel excessive and not for a good reason they will warn you or just ban your account, or rights to shop with them.

Opening another account with Zavvi is the other option and it's good if they allow it however the missing items issue is not going to go away, if it's as bad as described, I would take action.

why can't they post discs sub details on their site like other (good) retailers do. so fu....g frustrating.

I've been ordering from Zavvi ever since I joined HDN in 2013 and I've been lucky so far with every package... until today! :squint:

Look at this billsh*t! :angry: :banghead:
View attachment 193838 View attachment 193839

I'm sending this back! :mad:

Now that I gave Zavvi a chance to redeem themselves, it seems I have to go through the return process once again. I have probably received 40-50 damaged ones from Zavvi. I don't know if I'm just unlucky or what? In many cases the cardboard mailer looks undamaged, but damaged steelbook inside. So thank you Zavvi, thank you so much once again.

Now that I gave Zavvi a chance to redeem themselves, it seems I have to go through the return process once again. I have probably received 40-50 damaged ones from Zavvi. I don't know if I'm just unlucky or what? In many cases the cardboard mailer looks undamaged, but damaged steelbook inside. So thank you Zavvi, thank you so much once again.

:mad: Looking a your pics just angers the HELL out of me!
tumblr_n8vrti3OuB1tg47xro1_400.gif

But what upsets me the most is that those BASTARDS haven't responded to my email! :angry: I'm gonna send them one more if they dont answer by next week, I'll take it to Paypal, I'll get my money back one way or another! :squint:

is that good customer service ? IMO it sucks if I have the check the specks from another site I buy discs from !

Just trying to point out there is an alternative for this info .

Zavvi do not have that many exclusive discs, the disc in the Age of Ultron steelbook is the same as the one from Amazon or HMV in an Amaray. Zavvi's sins are varied and numerous, but you having to look at Amazon for subs is IMO hardly a hardship.

Really narked at Zavvi.

Preordered 2 x AntMan on an order with another item.

The other item shipped.

But because my bank decided to reissue my credit card between ordering and the eventual release of AntMan, Zavvi - without any notice - arbitrarily cancelled my preorder citing 'payment issues' (for an item not yet billing!).

When I discovered this I pulled them up and got a curt stock answer about payment issues and the order being cancelled. I challenged and this time was told it was not an issue with my card but an internal payment processing issue and that I couldn't have the stock. I challenged again and asked that the stock be reinstated, and have been told it's my fault because my card expired and that no stock will be allocated to me.

Why are they in such a rush to write off a customer with an allocation of pre-ordered stock when the billing cycle for the stock hasn't even been reached...?

Amazon have account-wide payment methods and allow global updates to orders when cards expire and are updated.

Why are ZUK stuck on one method per order and no global update? I've had to update the CC details for no less than 10 preorders from Zavvi, and oddly this is the only one I didn't get a warning email for. None of the others even warned me until billing and ship-out arrived...

Scumbags want my units for a last minute ZBox scam, don't they?

Reactions: kalel
why can't they post discs sub details on their site like other (good) retailers do. so fu....g frustrating.

It's not an issue for me with English as my first language but there are other sites, including one in particular, that is invaluable for just this sort of info though I agree with your point and feel that it's just laziness on Zavvi's part in not providing more comprehensive details of the item you are buying - like Amazon does for example.