Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 570
Last edited by a moderator:
Now that I gave Zavvi a chance to redeem themselves, it seems I have to go through the return process once again. I have probably received 40-50 damaged ones from Zavvi. I don't know if I'm just unlucky or what? In many cases the cardboard mailer looks undamaged, but damaged steelbook inside. So thank you Zavvi, thank
Now that I gave Zavvi a chance to redeem themselves, it seems I have to go through the return process once again. I have probably received 40-50 damaged ones from Zavvi. I don't know if I'm just unlucky or what? In many cases the cardboard mailer looks undamaged, but damaged steelbook inside. So thank you Zavvi, thank you so much once again.

Unlucky isn't the word for it - cursed more likely.
I've been buying steelbooks from Zavvi ever since they started and have received very few damaged - fewer than the fingers on one hand - but "40-50 damaged" that's taking the p - - - !
I've also never had a problem in returning these and the process is not complicated.
Moreover If obvious visible damage showing like your examples I NEVER remove the factory seal shrinkwrap.

RE: ZAVVI ESTIMATED DELIVERY TIMES
Just a quick "Thank you" to Zavvi for really pulling up their socks recently regarding how long an item takes to reach me from the time of dispatch. I thought it was a fluke when I received one the DAY AFTER it was dispatched but then it happened again . . . and again . . . and again . . . and now nearly all arrive in two days with a few stragglers taking three :thumbs::happy:
Thankfully the days of my Zavvi steelbooks taking five days or more seem to be well and truly gone.
Keep up the good work Z.

Zavvi has sent me new copies for both damages steelbooks. It took only 24 hours after my email. This is the fastest and best service with them so far.

RE: ZAVVI ESTIMATED DELIVERY TIMES
Just a quick "Thank you" to Zavvi for really pulling up their socks recently regarding how long an item takes to reach me from the time of dispatch. I thought it was a fluke when I received one the DAY AFTER it was dispatched but then it happened again . . . and again . . . and again . . . and now nearly all arrive in two days with a few stragglers taking three :thumbs::happy:
Thankfully the days of my Zavvi steelbooks taking five days or more seem to be well and truly gone.
Keep up the good work Z.
I think you need to thank ROYAL MAIL for that, as I've yet to see a Zavvi employed postal worker pushing my steelbooks though my letterbox !

Lets see how long Royal Mail take to deliver John Carter, despatched today....

Zavvi's delivery's has been lighting fast over the last few weeks. Had the same problems with postal workers trying to jam steelbooks through the letterbox. Gave him a piece of my mind, not done it since.

I think you need to thank ROYAL MAIL for that, as I've yet to see a Zavvi employed postal worker pushing my steelbooks though my letterbox !

Lets see how long Royal Mail take to deliver John Carter, despatched today....

I think you'll find that arrangements can be made prior to dispatch by the seller regarding speed of delivery of package and THAT has nothing to do with Royal Mail . . if you get my drift.

I think you'll find that arrangements can be made prior to dispatch by the seller regarding speed of delivery of package and THAT has nothing to do with Royal Mail . . if you get my drift.
It's got nothing to do with different service levels, the Service used is 1st as it has always been with items shipped from Guernsey, Royal Mail have improved their logistics OR are you saying zavvi are delaying the despatched emails for 24/36hrs in order to give the IMPRESSION of a quick delivery ?, a sleight of hand...

If you have evidence of zavvi requesting a different service level, I'd like to see it.

Either way ZAVVI are NOT responsible for the transit/delivery of items. The End :stop:

It's got nothing to do with different service levels, the Service used is 1st as it has always been with items shipped from Guernsey, Royal Mail have improved their logistics OR are you saying zavvi are delaying the despatched emails for 24/36hrs in order to give the IMPRESSION of a quick delivery ?, a sleight of hand...

If you have evidence of zavvi requesting a different service level, I'd like to see it.

Either way ZAVVI are NOT responsible for the transit/delivery of items. The End :stop:

I'll get back to you on that but I find it hard to believe that it's JUST down to the Royal Mail that steelbooks reach me nowadays in between one and three days when previously it was five working days or more and that is a BIG difference . . . unless the items are being posted from a warehouse closer to home ?

Zavvi has sent me new copies for both damages steelbooks. It took only 24 hours after my email. This is the fastest and best service with them so far.

I just know they are getting better and good to read of their quick response to news of the shocking state of your steelbook(s) :thumbs:

I'll get back to you on that but I find it hard to believe that it's JUST down to the Royal Mail that steelbooks reach me nowadays in between one and three days when previously it was five working days or more and that is a BIG difference . . . unless the items are being posted from a warehouse closer to home ?
Just found an interesting tit-bit of info from Guernsey Post website :

UK, Jersey & IOM Special Delivery 99% next day* Yes
UK, Jersey & IOM Letters, Large Letters & Packets 80% next day No <- this should apply for zavvi steelbooks
UK, Jersey & IOM Parcels 3-5 days

It details the service levels and the average delivery %, the yes/no bit is if it is guaranteed.

The difference could be many things to be honest, improved logistics between Zavvi collection times, Guernsey Post and Royal Mail, maybe zavvi were holding onto items for a day or two after we get the 'despatched' emails (hard to believe)

Not sure about the idea of shipping from within the UK, as the boxes labels still have the same Guernsey postmark "POSTAGE PAID GUERNSEY SERIAL NO. 421" on them.

Whatever it is, the increased delivery speed is welcome.

• Informative
Reactions: virkia
Just out of interest I've messaged them about this recent massive improvement regarding estimated and actual delivery times and await their reply with bated breath.
I see that you just beat me to posting about "Ratatouille", "Wall.E" and "A Bug's Life" coming back in stock, but no matter.

pic no.1.png
r2.jpg

'Tis true that nothing on the boxes looks very different - comparing a box dispatched in October, 2013 to one dispatched in October, 2015 - and I'm waiting for a proper answer from Z. as to why the item takes a day/two/three nowadays and five days or more previously.
They did reply today but more to request that I leave feedback through Facebook than to let me know if the speedy delivery is down to them or the Royal Mail.

Please don't tell me you've kept packaging boxes since 2013 (or before), that's er...dedication to your hobby I suppose ? :D

But on to other matters, my John Carter arrived today, so the next day delivery is still going, do keep us informed if you get any reply to your delivery improvements messages from zavvi.

Not the complete boxes, just the tops, all bundled in string month by month going back to my very first Blu-ray internet purchase :D
Accept that the word "dedication" is a polite way to put it ;)

Will do about the other matter, though I don't hold out much hope for a substantive response . . . but you never know.

Hope you are happy with your "John Carter" - Personally I feel that it's OK and I'm reasonably happy with it :)

Last edited:
Reply received from Z. which proves you spot-on:-
"I can confirm that our shipping operation remains unchanged and any decrease in shipping time may be due to Royal Mail but I am unable to guarantee the reason behind the change".

Reactions: Mr Y Fronts
Recieved a damaged steel (bottom bent out of shape). Asked for a replacement and Zavvi sent me a return label saying my closes return center is Chesterfield. Errr I live in Japan! (I do have a secondary address for Chesterfield to be fair (though I've never had anything shipped there).

I have asked them to double check the delivery address of my damaged item (Japan!!)

Yesterday, I received a unique 10% discount code to mark the anniversary of my first order with Zavvi.

Needless to say, it didn't work on any of the titles that I would have been interested in ordering.

Reactions: Flash
I just think this whole lets blame zavvi for everything that happens in the world mentality is boring and old.

They mess up, they have alot to improve on but if a steelbook artwork or Finnish pisses you off Email the Distributor/Marketing department of the movie as its them that decides on those sort of things, just please stop rehashing the same arguments over and over again about zavvi.
Currently the bar has been set very high for exclusive steelbook releases from other retailers. Zavvi's exclusives are frequently dull, predictable and very boring. Include all the promotional scams they pull on regular basis and they deserve all the criticism they get.

Reactions: luke98