Captain America: The Winter Soldier (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 30, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99

11192346-8604340183077668.jpg

11192346-2514340183091765.jpg11192346-9674340183108253.jpg

Last edited:
The Lenti is too bad, the alignment isn't perfect, but less noticeable then Cap 1's alignment (the star doesnt perfectly line up). My Lenti has a few marks on it, so quality control seems to be a bit lacking there, the steelbook without the lenti is very nice though

Whilst some people will never like it, I don't think it's too bad!

23071962350_e9e7dcffc5_k.jpg

23341598546_6ac6491bcc_c.jpg

22999809059_ae7fe13a08_k.jpg

23341598546_36534dcd70_k.jpg

23367737905_d1e8fcecf1_k.jpg

The actual steel does look okay.

Lenti don't look great though

Also the inside art could of been a better choice (bit too zoomed in on the winter soldier) but it's not too bad.
And again should of been gloss.

I'm a bit more impressed by this one than the other 3 been released

All of Zavvi's Marvel steels do not need lenticular magnets, imo. First, obviously because the steels look better without it. Second, it's because somehow I think that's the reason they're charging extra for it. It is probably have been 19.99£ or so if it doesn't have the magnets.
And btw, why can't Zavvi just lose the magnets and instead, giving us glossy finish, awesome artworks and embossings like they do with the Disney collection?
i agree about the glossy finish instead of the magnet that is useless to me(the art is partially subjective and the embossing i 'm not fan of it)

Reactions: tnguyen13
Another winner from the Zavvi stable with none of the lining up artwork issues that plagued "Avengers Assemble" (from what I can tell based on the pics).
Glad to have something a bit different as I have glossy steelbooks coming out of my ears . . .
So looking forward to receiving my copy.

This steel is definately a keeper, the lenti has nice depth to it, and as ive stated many times before,... title on the spine :D

Its replacing my Original zavvi release, it matches the 1st movie more than the original zavvi release. and it has a title :D

This whole wave will be used as my using copies so all the originals can stay as mint as possible (more aimed at the Phase 1 releases by Play and HMV)

The lenti has nice depth to it?! It's blurry as hell and doesn't seem to move when I alter the angle, it's a load of crap.
I beg to differ... :stop: It's not spectacular in comparison with say a Nova or Kimchi Lenti but we didn't expect that anyway.

However, it still has a respectable amount of 3D depth and movement to it (IMHO) and is a vast improvement from their Avengers Lenticular. (I'm also pleased it aligns very well too). But hey, each to their own... :rolleyes:

Reactions: thewoe
I beg to differ... :stop: It's not spectacular in comparison with say a Nova or Kimchi Lenti but we didn't expect that anyway.

However, it still has a respectable amount of 3D depth and movement to it (IMHO) and is a vast improvement from their Avengers Lenticular. (I'm also pleased it aligns very well too). But hey, each to their own... :rolleyes:
G5QWbk1jZoCLm.gif

Reactions: Bagman99
The lenti has nice depth to it?! It's blurry as hell and doesn't seem to move when I alter the angle, it's a load of crap.

Yes it maybe a little blurry, but if you look at it properly there is very nice depth, but tbh ive noticed lately on this fourm there is no pleasing anyone, you have a steel with a lenti, people moan, you put a embossed title on it people moan, you dont put a title on it, people moan.

If it isnt a Nova or Kimichi or whatever other foreign steelbook, people will constantly complain no matter what.