Captain America: The Winter Soldier (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 30, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99

11192346-8604340183077668.jpg

11192346-2514340183091765.jpg11192346-9674340183108253.jpg

Last edited:
Your inflating the price with unsecure shipping versus collector shipping. The $6 I pay per steel from Asia is well worth the piece of mind knowing it is packaged like a collector packages steels. Not the way zavvi sends steels.

Ive only ever had 1 or 2 zavvi steels arrive damaged and its always been a manufacturing defect which zavvi are not at fault for as they dont personaly make them.

I dont deny their customer service is atrocious, all im saying is im sick of scrolling through walls and walls of "Zavvi suck" pages to get to the info i want only to see the same people complaining about them buying again from them, its a never ending cycle which is highly depressing and makes me come back here less and less.

Zavvi are cheaper than these Asian releases, these asian releases cost anywere upto £60, Its damn expensive and people like releases like this Cap2 steel because the prices are more affordable.
£25 for a 3D steel with a lenti is a decent deal when compared to £60 for the same steel with a cardboard slip and numbered sticker.

And zavvi clearly have demand as these fourm's are filled with Zavvi exclusive steelbook threads.

Depends how you look at it, the releases I've bought from kimchi or nova have been between £33 - £41
My spotless mind from kimchi cost £33 for a beautiful gloss Steelbook, amazing extras and art cards from made like its from the memory wipe company, booklet, numbered with a card and a lenticular packaging these are sent in bomb proof packaging with tuns of bubble wrap. Same with her and I got lucky with the pianist & Dallas buyers club and got them really cheap on eBay.
My avengers was only a few quid more and that was with 3D disc, WEA art and an amazing pic of Loki on the back and a lenticular that is so crisp and a huge amount of depth and clarity.
So I see it as a simular price to a uk Steelbook from £18- £22.49 and paying an extra £10 -£12 for a much better Steelbook and loads of extras with bomb proof packaging.

I know some blu fans have been more toward the price you mentioned but I wouldn't pay that anyway

Zavvi has demand to a certain degree with certain releases, not demand for everything.
I think it's more they can't say no and they just over saturate the market massively.
The evidence is everything that's left in stock for years and go to prices like £7.99 + discount codes
Only a small amount actually sell out

Reactions: thewoe
Ive only ever had 1 or 2 zavvi steels arrive damaged and its always been a manufacturing defect which zavvi are not at fault for as they dont personaly make them.

I dont deny their customer service is atrocious, all im saying is im sick of scrolling through walls and walls of "Zavvi suck" pages to get to the info i want only to see the same people complaining about them buying again from them, its a never ending cycle which is highly depressing and makes me come back here less and less.

Well more and more people will become Steelbook collectors joining the site and they will no doubtly order from zavvi and witness this atrocious customer service they have causing them to "hate" so it will only get worse unless they get better.

You can clearly see how many people they have f*cked off over this Zbox iron man & cap fiasco by now selling them seperately (which a lot of us knew they would but not everyone knows that) after telling customers it's limited to a Zbox and charging them £40 for it.
I've noticed a lot of people who praise them on Twitter and Facebook now turn on them over this.
I even rememeber the curator say it won't go up for single release

Reactions: Mickle_89
I will reiterate that Zavvi is amongst the worst retailers in the first world countries out there.

£23 has been their pricing for 3D + 2D Steelbooks after discount. They offer 99p postage which I still don't understand how it is even possible.

The standard Steelbook releases in Asia is priced between $32 - $43 prior to shipping which is more or less same as Zavvi but remember it is prior to shipping.

Aa time passes Zavvi and UK retailers slash down rhr price massively which can seldom be seen with Asian retailers.

Taking money upfront n my opinion is unethical. I have seen many here complain they don't have funds but still succumb to these Asian retailers. When UK releases something at a higher price the same.people keep moaning and complaining.

Back on topic: Although this is matte, its not streaky and its a smooth finnish unlike (for example) the kick ass canadian steelbook which is a really rough matte finnish. This steel is complimented with the lenti.

I think it looks slightly better than the original Steelbook release with the dodgy debossing but I don't want to pay the current asking price. I will take a chance on a price drop.

They offer 99p postage which I still don't understand how it is even possible.

They most likely include the extra shipping costs into the price of the item. This is why their prices many times are so high and why they only charge 99p for postage. So £25 + 99p shipping for a 3D steelbook is probably more like £19.99 + £5.99 shipping. Or something close to that. Zavvi obviously feels the illusion of cheap shipping is better than advertising lower prices for the actual steelbooks. Just my theory.

They most likely include the extra shipping costs into the price of the item. This is why their prices many times are so high and why they only charge 99p for postage. So £25 + 99p shipping for a 3D steelbook is probably more like £19.99 + £5.99 shipping. Or something close to that. Zavvi obviously feels the illusion of cheap shipping is better than advertising lower prices for the actual steelbooks. Just my theory.
@hansgruber Forgive my ignorance, but whenever I've purchased from Zavvi personally, it's always been "FREE" postage... ? I have never seen an option for 99p... :confused: Simply curious and apologies to anyone for going "off-topic":bag:

. . . and one of the few retailers of U.K. steelbooks that still offers Free Shipping to the U.K. and to other places :thumbs:
Thank God.

@hansgruber Forgive my ignorance, but whenever I've purchased from Zavvi personally, it's always been "FREE" postage... ? I have never seen an option for 99p... :confused: Simply curious and apologies to anyone for going "off-topic":bag:
To some countries they do charge 99p. But either way you see my point. To do free shipping or only charge 99p for worldwide shipping they obviously factor shipping charges into the price of the item. This is why their prices many times seem high.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Right time, wrong place.

Last edited: