Captain America: The Winter Soldier (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 30, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99

11192346-8604340183077668.jpg

11192346-2514340183091765.jpg11192346-9674340183108253.jpg

Last edited:
They offer 99p postage which I still don't understand how it is even possible.

Its free shipping to Sweden also. I guess to any country in Scandinavia?

. . . and one of the few retailers of U.K. steelbooks that still offers Free Shipping to the U.K. and to other places :thumbs:
Thank God.

You cant be that naive. Its not free shipping if the shipping costs are just hidden inside the inflated cost of the item.
One thing to keep in mind is that Zavvi doesn't collect nor pay VAT for purchases made from elsewhere than the UK.

Effectively 20% of every purchase you make (if you are not from the UK) is extra money to Zavvi and, depending on the purchase cost, can go a long way to subsidize "free (or inexpensive) shipping".

One thing to keep in mind is that Zavvi doesn't collect nor pay VAT for purchases made from elsewhere than the UK.

Effectively 20% of every purchase you make (if you are not from the UK) is extra money to Zavvi and, depending on the purchase cost, can go a long way to subsidize "free (or inexpensive) shipping".
Shouldnt that be illegal? To fraudulently collect money for tax and keep it without handing it over to the Gov?

But this is Zavvi so it does not surprise me.

Zavvi always trying new ways to take people's money. They should for once listen to their customers requests and meet their expectations delivering good customer service.

Mine arrived today and I must say it's stunning with tremendous depth to the lenti (based on my very limited exposure to lenti steelbooks that is).
I love it and consider it a bang-up job.
9/10
With this one (and all of the others I imagine) you have to have it in-hand to appreciate it as no photo will ever do it justice or be able to capture the effect properly.

Last edited:
Shouldnt that be illegal? To fraudulently collect money for tax and keep it without handing it over to the Gov?

But this is Zavvi so it does not surprise me.
Zavvi and the Hut are registered as business in the both the UK and Channel Islands Jersey
UK orders include Vat at 20% and are shipped from the UK ? most of the time
Other countries outside of the UK customers orders don't include Vat as they ship orders from the Channel Islands as in they redirect orders from the UK to Guernsey which is how they avoid the Vat to non UK customers as Channel island are not part of the European Union so Vat is not applied and is why customers outside the UK see customs label on the parcels delivered to their address

I could post some things I suspect they do in terms of redirecting post to the channel islands or even to USA ? but to avoid any legal issues I won't

Last edited:
I cant even see any flip effect.... and there seems to be zero 3d depth.

Well, that is pathetic.......... and I'm talking about the camera work...:woot:, but seriously the effect is non existent as far as I can see, no depth at all. If this is what the others are like, then good riddance.....

I could post some things I suspect they do in terms of redirecting post to the channel islands ? but to avoid any legal issues I won't

...Go on Paul, do it, spill the beans, no ones watching....:thumbs:

I cant even see any flip effect.... and there seems to be zero 3d depth.

Well, that is pathetic.......... and I'm talking about the camera work...:woot:, but seriously the effect is non existent as far as I can see, no depth at all. If this is what the others are like, then good riddance.....

There is no flip I don't think there was ever supposed to be :wtf:

And the depth is quite good think it's more the camera work as @Mr Y Fronts so kindly pointed out :hilarious:

Reactions: Mr Y Fronts
I presume all you people making comments about the depth of this lenti have the item in front of you ?
If that's not the case then your comments have zero value and are not worthy of consideration.
I have the item in front of me and when I write that there is excellent depth that is exactly what I meant.
This is not a lenti in the vein of my 'Benjamin Button" slipcover where if you tilt it one way the image is of Brad Pitt and tilt it the other way and the image is of Cate Blanchett.
20151130_122839.jpg
20151130_122819.jpg

Last edited: