Cinderella (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Taiwan]

Nov 11, 2013
Taipei, Taiwan
Release Date: June 26th, 2015
Price: NT$948 (JSDVD) - USD $44.49 (YesAsia)
Purchase links:
JSDVD
YesAsia - release date July 10th, 2015

cinderbd2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@Actarus the zavvi version will be the same (taiwan version) or will it be different? Thanks

Zavvi will be the same it will be WWA Artwork (99% sure) since Thailand has same artwork also, (HK will be same artwork if they do a release as it is same company that do the release for Taiwan) so that would be already 3 country having same artwork, I don't see Disney doing more than 1 Artwork (but Keep your order in until they announce a release date, now zavvi still has dec 31st as a release date, so hopefully when they do put the real release date, they will also update the artwork and I will cancel at that moment...however it is very likely that zavvi would wait when they start shipping them to update the artwork (like they did with Maleficent, although they updated Tomorrowland)...so for me I am fairly confident...

I will wait to see if other country update their artwork to the shoe one, I'll wait to have zavvi put their release date and see if they update artwork, if they don't update artwork I will cancel Zavvi anyways before release date...

• Helpful Post
Reactions: harry
@harry I only see 4 country doing a release so far for cinderella, Thailand(shoe), Taiwan (Shoe), Spain(waiting for them to update will be the shoe for sure) and if so at that point I don't see Zavvi doing a different release although it would be sweet...

Reactions: MerlinT
So is Cinderella....This looks like a copycat of the viva metal box. And the steelbook won't touch the viva...

indeed the viva metal FS one has a stunning Gloss and emboss treatment, it is amazing in hands, one of my Favorite... but I still think this is worth owning, such a beautiful steelbook IMO... when I was looking for movie posters for Cinderella I came across the shoe one and I thought it was a nice one, with the Taiwan slip for me it is the one to get.

Last edited:
So is Cinderella....This looks like a copycat of the viva metal box. And the steelbook won't touch the viva...

Can't you just enjoy it in its own right rather than having to compare it to something else.

Why does every thread have to turn into a GOTG thread?

If you don't like it, fine. Just don't buy it. Let others enjoy it for what it is.

Btw - this isn't a go at you. It just seems to be the general way of the site at the moment.

Last edited:
Can't you just enjoy it in its own right rather than having to compare it to something else.

Why does every thread have to turn into a GOTG thread?

If you don't like it, fine. Just don't buy it. Let others enjoy it for what it is.

Btw - this isn't a go at you. It just seems to be the general way of the site at the moment.

indeed it seems that there is a wave of over comparison, instead of just discussing the release. Like I have said, Personally I love the artwork, I find it Classy and love the simplicity of it. It will make one nice steel I am sure in hands... Love the Taiwan slip really really adds another touch of class. For me this is the one and I an't getting just one :naughty:

I personally like the artwork and its been couple of years I ordered Taiwan steel so I will go with this.

And I dont see this comparison thing going away anywhere. Dont see any problem with it. Its public forum for a reason. Comparing products is not going to kill enjoyment for anyone.

Reactions: charlie1533pr
I personally have no problem with the change. The shoe IS Cinderella... BUT I think since this is the live action version, it may be a little confusing to consumers since some might think it's the original animated version. (n)

BTW I've order this version and cancelled zavvi's. I had two on order since I was scared one might arrived damaged. I'd rather pay an extra $4 for this cool looking slip and a guaranteed mint copy than rolling the dice and paying double at Zavvi :thumbs:

Originality goes along way.When you have been involved with Art for your entire life,it comes naturally.Sorry since it comes instinctively to critique designs .When you have an obvious copycat,it does not score any real points.Sorry but just stating my opinion.
People compared the original Thor to the new Thor from blufans.When the designs are that identical,it happens and you will get the comparisons.In this case,it is backwards.The metal box design with the shoe tells a story that is very engaging.You can see that the entire space was used wisely.This one is just a shoe...:yawn:
Apples to apples in this case.I wasn't bashing anyone about this which is something members here tend to do.My original comment was to the design and NOBODY in this thread.So give me the same respect in that regard.If you're head over "heels" about the design, then more power to you and enjoy it.For me its a few "steps" backwards...
viva%20002_zpsrfcyuxjc.jpg

Last edited:
indeed to each his own, I'll be honest the initial poster, I preferred as it is I believe a truly beautiful picture of Cinderella running and all the details in her dress with the sky colors behind her making the picture to have a darker feel to it and everything about the initial artwork(placeholder) used was superb.

This is very nice IMO, but it is a few step back from the other one when she is running holding her dress... however I think that the Taiwan 1/4 slip adds a touch of Classiness to complement the design, ''the Shoe''. But this is what Taiwan does best make amazing 1/4 slips that will complement as best they can the design of the steelbook. I have to say I understand the maybe confusing it for the animated ones, but when you look at the shoe, it is nothing that we have ever seen for any animated movies, it does look more like a real shoe than the one of the viva metal.

Like I have said, I had seen this Shoe Poster for the 2015 live action movie and thought it was a stunning poster, so I do not mind the shoe, Taiwan once again have put their touch to add to the package and it is Perfect.

Last edited: