Close Encounters Of The Third Kind Gift Set (4K UHD +Blu-ray) [USA]

elle82

Premium Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
Australia
Release Date: September 19th 2017
Purchase Link: Amazon USA
Price: $48.59
Note: Special collectible 4K Ultra HD gift set lights up and plays the iconic 5-tone theme. Also includes a 64-page booklet with rare photos from the film's production.

41sP9T7pDWL._SY400_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pre order with Amazon USA for now

Zavvi price works out more expensive than ordering from Amazon USA
UK is trade wide so Amazon UK and other UK retailers will list soon

Is this region free? Have already the canada edition on pre order but tempted to go with uk one if amazon gets it and is cheaper.

To me with australia dollar this works out cheaper than canada,but as i might want other items usa don't i make stick with canada,unless uk amazon get it and is cheaper.
But regarding amazon usa has anyone else had issues with them practically using jiffy bags to send pretty much everything you order these days.
Every order i have been getting has been damaged some minor and others worse.
Simply jiffy bags is not suitable for sending stuff like this or similar.
Im just curious if canada are starting to do this as its been a while since i got items from there.
I know uk have not yet,i take even if you paid much more to send it quicker it still be sent with same packing.

Last edited:
To me with australia dollar this works out cheaper than canada,but as i might want other items usa don't i make stick with canada,unless uk amazon get it and is cheaper.
But regarding amazon usa has anyone else had issues with them practically using jiffy bags to send pretty much everything you order these days.
Every order i have been getting has been and been damaged some minor and others worse.
Im just curious if canada are starting to do this as its been a while since i got item from there.
I know uk have not yet,i take even if you paid much more to send it quicker it still be sent with same packing.
Im sticking with amazon usa with this one. Canadas postage costs are ridiculous. And yeah often the packaging from the uk is terrible.

Every order i have been getting has been and been damaged some minor and others worse.
Im just curious if canada are starting to do this as its been a while since i got item from there.
You have the worst luck, Brian. I hate Jiffy bags too but mine and Elle's items never arrive damaged like yours. I don't think it's the packaging mate... I think you've pissed off the guys at Aussie Post. They must see your name on a package and then use it like a football. You must have done something pretty bad to get your name
on their most hated list. :rofl::LOL:

You have the worst luck, Brian. I hate Jiffy bags too but mine and Elle's items never arrive damaged like yours. I don't think it's the packaging mate... I think you've pissed off the guys at Aussie Post. They must see your name on a package and then use it like a football. You must have done something pretty bad to get your name
on their most hated list. :rofl::LOL:

For me amazon uk is not so bad,amazon usa use aus post from the usa as i believe have a place over there and everytime amazon usa use a jiffy. Im not bothered what anyone says its far from suitable, the packing of box sets and items with very fragile packing or larger sets stand no chance all the way over here. Im very surprised you guys never have issues. My fav is ups i tracking for two reasons they seem to take more care and i can track but i have no control of who amazon pick.
Just a word of warning @elle82 if you like dinged up,damaged sets then i would not use amazon usa. I have credit with them i could get this for free but im sick of items arriving in jiffy bags so may go with canada.
But our guy his van is always stuffed full to the roof god knows what heavy stuff are on top of smaller stuff.
Im normally in and can hear him come up to the door does not even knock and leaves at door even if raining.
Not had any issues with our postie they must be just crap here in wa.

Price dropped to $34.18 on Amazon! It is almost a no-brainer price....
Tell me about and here was me order one from canada as i wanted a couple other items from there and at time was only a few dollars more compared to usa one.
Sometimes it pays to pre order and if prices go up your all good but when prices drop just so quick after release it pretty annoying.
But I suppose you win and you loose some.

Ordered! Thanks for the heads up! I almost bought this when I was in Best Buy this weekend but couldn’t justify spending $70. This is a redonkulous deal!

Tell me about and here was me order one from canada as i wanted a couple other items from there and at time was only a few dollars more compared to usa one.
Sometimes it pays to pre order and if prices go up your all good but when prices drop just so quick after release it pretty annoying.
But I suppose you win and you loose some.

Amazon US has ALWAYS refunded the difference of a price drop. I guess things might be different north of the wall but it can’t hurt to call them.

Finally got this today. Arrived mint condition, really love it. @Mark Wilson yours arrived too, mint condition right? :D. It came in a really cheap postage bag but still its perfect. ;):D

Damn I hate those jiffy bags. But at least everything Ive gotten thats arrived in them has been in perfect condition.
Me too luckily. Don't get Brian started on them! He's done with Amazon US now. His Close Encounters arrived in a jiffy bag and had a dent in the top corner of the set. Understandably he's not a happy camper.

• Thanks
Reactions: elle82
Me too luckily. Don't get Brian started on them! He's done with Amazon US now. His Close Encounters arrived in a jiffy bag and had a dent in the top corner of the set. Understandably he's not a happy camper.

No every item i have purchased this yr from amazon usa has come in jiffy with dings or worse. I went with canada this time on close encounters and ordered two extra items i wanted just incase canada was thinking same way. But that did not matter canada did same yet it was ripped open and two of my items missing to then get call from dhl they where lying in back of van.
Yes the close encounters had a ding but two items in back where ok.
Now i get my grimm collection in a jiffy bag with outer clear case damaged and a few corners dinged up.
Paying 90 usd dollars and sending in bag is far from right. And i have had bigger items sent in bags also.
I have walking dead bust on order with amazon usa that probably be my final order.
You pay decent money for things you expect them to at least make an effort in packing.
Its not been one item or odd item is been every single one.
Saying that if they are now sending your stuff in bags also you may find that some of your items might not arrive in the shape you hoped for.

• Thanks
Reactions: elle82
No every item i have purchased this yr from amazon usa has come in jiffy with dings or worse. I went with canada this time on close encounters and ordered two extra items i wanted just incase canada was thinking same way. But that did not matter canada did same yet it was ripped open and two of my items missing to then get call from dhl they where lying in back of van.
Yes the close encounters had a ding but two items in back where ok.
Now i get my grimm collection in a jiffy bag with outer clear case damaged and a few corners dinged up.
Paying 90 usd dollars and sending in bag is far from right. And i have had bigger items sent in bags also.
I have walking dead bust on order with amazon usa that probably be my final order.
You pay decent money for things you expect them to at least make an effort in packing.
Its not been one item or odd item is been every single one.
Saying that if they are now sending your stuff in bags also you may find that some of your items might not arrive in the shape you hoped for.
Damn im sorry to hear youre still having really bad luck with items being damaged. They should definitely be packaged better for the prices we pay for them.