carllenc

Film Arena [CLOSED] Logan E1 (FilmArena Exclusive FAC #77) Group Buy [WORLDWIDE]

carllenc

Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic
carllenc submitted a new group buy:

[OPEN] Logan E1 (FilmArena Exclusive FAC #77) Group Buy [WORLDWIDE] - Official HDN GB for FilmArena exclusive of Logan E1

GB CLOSED 6.6.2017

Release thread: Logan

View attachment 314922

Price: 1000 CZK
Paypal Fee: 6% - 60 CZK
HDN GB Fee: 7,5% - 80 CZK

Total: 1140 CZK

When sending payment ensure to write following details in paypal notes and after the payment was completed please send an email to [email protected] with the same information...

Read more about this group buy...

wjasoncul, post: 1944129, member: 8398"]@carllenc @Collector03601 is the quantity really gone for this version?

Looks like it, sigh feels dirty to have every X-Men FAC and same number except this one.

I know the feeling.

Ridiculous madcap rush system where most will likely end up on fleabay :( (n):banghead:

Reduced gb quantities o_O:facepalm::grumpy:

No more "preferred customer" lists o_O(n)

= Lots of disapointed regulars:dead::(:banghead:

Missed my E1 because broadband was down (and didn't have my phone) - not as some bright spark opined because I have bad broadband; but because the national grid have a serious problem in our area and Virgin (amongst others) are fighting an uphill battle :(

Always knew this new system was flawed . . . .

• Thanks
Reactions: gobad2003
I know the feeling.

Ridiculous madcap rush system where most will likely end up on fleabay :( (n):banghead:

Missed my E1 because broadband was down (and didn't have my phone) - not as some bright spark opined because I have bad broadband; but because the national grid have a serious problem in our area and Virgin (amongst others) are fighting an uphill battle :(

Reduced GB quantities is down to FA, not HDN

Mad cap rushed system? Righto, so how is that any different to the old GB system when everyone would rush in and post in the thread? It's not really is it?

You were blaming the GB system/HDN because you missed out purely because your broadband wasn't working at the time, again how is this HDNs fault? And yes, it is poor broadband, whether that's the provider or the National Grid. Again, not HDNs fault and not necessarily your fault.

A lot of sour grapes here and I understand you don't like the new system. Crux of it is the new system is here to stay and it won't be changing.

I believe there is a possibility of Karel getting more copies and if there is I will ensure that there is enough time announced to make sure people are aware to plan. I'm sorry you, and others, missed out on this and I am trying to see if we can get more qty for the GB here.

I know the feeling.

I think it is very unfair to say the new system is 'flawed' because you could not join the GB because the internet was down. I understand your personal frustration you missed out but you cannot solely blame the new GB system?

Look at the wider picture here. The new GB system was put in place simply because too many members here put their names down and did not pay the invoices. Karel has dozens of unpaid copies amounting to several thousand pounds, dollars, euros. So to prevent this from happening everyone has now paid upfront. Therefore Karel has no unpaid copies to worry about. On top of that it saves A LOT of work to keep invoice members, check who's paid, and keep chasing who hasn't paid. All that does one thing, slows the GB host down which in effect slows the dispatch for us to receive these.

Just say you had no internet access for say a week on the old GB system, you still wouldn't be able to stick your name down anyway. Are you going to point the finger at HDN and say that there should be staggered GB's? Perhaps vent your personal frustration at your network provider. But to say the system was flawed because you couldn't get a copy is more of personal frustration than HDN's problem. I personally think this is a great system put in place. Also with payment out the way I don't need to worry on invoice date.

In relation to 'preferred regular' members, there are five editions to choose from! It's not like you can't find a copy, you just didn't get the one you wanted and have to find an alternative.

No system will ever be 100% perfect. But the benefits for this outweigh the negatives.

And no I didn't join the GB. I knew E1 would be highly anticipated so made arrangements to source this elsewhere and give someone else a chance to have my copy.

You never know, another one might be floating around somewhere. Yesterday one popped up and it was nabbed straight away. Good luck :thumbs:

Edit - Just saw your reply @cooey beat me to it! :p

Last edited:
I think it is very unfair to say the new system is 'flawed' because you could not join the GB because the internet was down. I understand your personal frustration you missed out but you cannot solely blame the new GB system?

Look at the wider picture here. The new GB system was put in place simply because too many members here put their names down and did not pay the invoices. Karel has dozens of unpaid copies amounting to several thousand pounds, dollars, euros. So to prevent this from happening everyone has now paid upfront. Therefore Karel has no unpaid copies to worry about. On top of that it saves A LOT of work to keep invoice members, check who's paid, and keep chasing who hasn't paid. All that does one thing, slows the GB host down which in effect slows the dispatch for us to receive these.

Just say you had no internet access for say a week on the old GB system, you still wouldn't be able to stick your name down anyway. Are you going to point the finger at HDN and say that there should be staggered GB's? Perhaps vent your personal frustration at your network provider. But to say the system was flawed because you couldn't get a copy is more of personal frustration than HDN's problem. I personally think this is a great system put in place. Also with payment out the way I don't need to worry on invoice date.

In relation to 'preferred regular' members, there are five editions to choose from! It's not like you can't find a copy, you just didn't get the one you wanted and have to find an alternative.

No system will ever be 100% perfect. But the benefits for this outweigh the negatives.

And no I didn't join the GB. I knew E1 would be highly anticipated so made arrangements to source this elsewhere and give someone else a chance to have my copy.

You never know, another one might be floating around somewhere. Yesterday one popped up and it was nabbed straight away. Good luck :thumbs:

Edit - Just saw your reply @cooey beat me to it! :p

I have given this issue the widest possible scope. It really is about the system. Not being being unable to get the copy I wanted is entirely secondary; I'm not really puerile, despite what some may wish to think.

Frankly my opinion was made patently clear long before that. I know I don't stand alone; but many afre beyond the point of voicing their opinions here.

It is a wide-ranging problem as I said and frankly to assume I blame HDN exclusively for this is really rather narrow-minded. The issues are clear to everyone willing to take note: smaller gb quantities, no more preferred purchaser lists for the short production runs, the absolute certainty that most of the GB stock will now end up on fleabay, and then there is Igans gripe about the increase in HDNs' fees. All valid complaints which no-one is interested in addressing.

Also my "Internet problem" as I said has nothing to do with the provider; and everything to do with the national grid. It is a long-standing problem of fluctuating power levels and complete power-outage. Basically the system, which hasn't been changed since the sixties, cannot cope with the loads and needs a major upgrade which would cost in the region of 8 figures I am told.
That cannot, by any stretch of the imagination, be called "bad internet"; unless one has an axe to grind.
So, to conclude, no sour grapes, no looking for someone to blame ; simply annoyance at an inadequate system - and a lousy electricity supply :(

Edited for typos.

Last edited:
It is a wide-ranging problem as I said and should be very clear to everyone: smaller gb quantities

cooey has stated the smaller qty is down to FA. Not much to argue there unless you want to argue with FA.
I'm not sure why you are blaming HDN anyway? There are other places you can source this from. FA had it live from their site for a week before pre-order. You could had made a request there.
no more preferred purchaser lists for the short production runs, the absloute certainty that most of the GB stock will now end up on fleabay,
I presume this point is preference should go to long standing members? That's a discretion of the GB host, NOT the GB system. You need to discuss this with Karel.

then there is Igans gripe about the increase in HDNs' fees. All valid complaints which no-one is interested in addressing.

apsmith21 told lgans that is due to 40% increase in server costs. So this has been explained. I sugguest you speak to Andy on that one as I have no idea. If I don't like the price of something I don't buy it and find alternative ways. Always other solutions mate.

Also my "Internet problem" as I said has nothing to do with the provider; and everything to do with the national grid. It is a long-standing problem of fluctuating power levels and complete power-outage. Basically the system cannot cope with the loads and needs a major upgrade which would cost in the region of 8 figures I am told. Have you tried venting to the national grid or government ? They don't listen!

The point of my response about your network provider is take responsibility, not blame the system because you couldn't order.

• Thanks
Reactions: cooey
Payment and Email sent but I don't know where I can put down the details.. I'm sorry about that..
Thank you :)

Paid wrong amount a few days ago post #58
Sent the rest now to cover full 1140 czk

Apologies for any inconvenience