Dallas Buyers Club (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd Exclusive #18) [Korea]

keyjey

Premium Supporter
Aug 18, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Release date: December 20, 2014
Price: Both Editions are $34.99 (Promotional price)
Purchase link:
Fullslip Edition + 36P Booklet (in English & Korean)
Lenticular Edition + 16P Booklet (in English & Korean)
Pre-order date: October 30th, 10:00AM (Korea Time) Check your local time HERE
Notes:
1/4 slip edition will be available later after exclusive edition pre-order starts.
Lenticular Edition - 1800copies including Korean qty
Fullslip Ediition - 1400copies including Korean qty

List of Kimchidvd Exclusive SteelBook Releases

Package Shots

Type A: Full Slip + 36P Booklet (in English & Korean)

10351251_1630384523855425_3597839199238978863_n.jpg

Type B: Lenti + 16P Booklet (in English & Korean)

997075_1630384553855422_7314961883977559156_n.jpg

dbc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Never used this company before but am tempted by this one in the full slip. Do Kimichi usually sellout quick, generally speaking of course as each release is different?

most titles sell out in record time, so it is a good idea to set up an account prior to pre-order time. For eg. X-men dofp sold out in 3mins :wtf:

I just watched this last night. I was thinking of pre-ordering the fullslip when it becomes available, but I think I'm going to pass. It's a great movie don't get me wrong. There is a powerful message and it deserves all the Oscar trophies, but I don't see myself watching it again. There has to be a re-play factor in my steel collection. Glad I screened this one first.

Great movie = no re watchability quality? Is that an oxymoron? :)

They both look nice and it would be a great buy for me as I thought the film was awesome will be looking forward to this...

I think it was smart what Kimchi did with the full slip having a full image spread over front and back. Have to get 2 of them to display it properly.

I don't believe I've ever seen a great film that I wouldn't watch again, as re-watchability is one of the criteria I use to define great.

If I wouldn't watch it again, then it would just be OK, or worse.

Reactions: snooloui
Not at all. 'The Impossible' is a brilliant film, but I'll never watch it again, so I'd assume it's the case with this.
You can stick Requiem For A Dream into that category as well.

Identifying a great film and 'liking' a film are probably different things.
For example, I love Pacific Rim. Not a great film, sorry guys.
For DBC, hope the price is <$40 because I don't think the demand is there.

Rover

This topic again? I guess I'm lucky that I don't have any "horrible classics" I couldn't watch ever again. For an example the mentioned Requiem for a Dream is indeed a painful film, but I consider it a masterpiece and would be able to watch it any time. Of course I must be a masochist because I like watching these harrowing films more than superhero blockbusters... :D

Nothing else about this stuff. I'm just waiting for being able to pre-order this incredible movie. :thumbs:

Last edited:
This topic again? I guess I'm lucky that I don't have any "horrible classics" I couldn't watch ever again. For an example the mentioned Requiem for a Dream is indeed a painful film, but I consider it a masterpiece and would be able to watch it any time. Of course I must be a masochist because I like watching these harrowing films more than superhero blockbusters... :D

Nothing else about this stuff. I'm just waiting for being able to pre-order this incredible movie. :thumbs:
Totally took the words out of my mouth. +1

From Kimchi FB;

We let you know that the Pre order of the Dallas Buyers Club Steelbook will be lived at 30th Oct. 2014. AM10:00 (Korea Time)

Lenticular Edition + 16P Booklet (in English & Korean)
Fullslip Edition + 36P Booklet (in English & Korean)

Price: Both Editions: 34.99$ (Promotional price)

1/4 slip edition will be available later after exclusive edition pre-order starts.