Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2D + 3D Blu-ray FuturePak) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

kryptonite

Slipcover/Books/Sports
Premium Supporter
Oct 26, 2011
Chicago, USA
3D-BD-Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (3D+Blu-ray+E-Copy+UV Digital Copy) Only @ Best Buy with MetalPak

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405828937.011461.jpg

SKU: 7713034
Format: Blu-ray 3D
Release Date: 12/2/2014
PRICE: $27.99
Purchase Link: BEST BUY

Attachments

• Dawn otpota.jpg
    Dawn otpota.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 437
Last edited by a moderator:
Since on Best Buy's website this is only listed as 3d blu ray is this confirmed to also come with the 2D version?
Great question! @Outlaw1986 :thumbs: I haven't given it a second thought until now. And looking at the pic of the listing, it looks like there's only one disc slot :confused: This just might be a 3D only, guess we'll find out for sure until it's released! But no matter what... this will be mine! :notworthy: It's gonna look awesome next to my 'Rise FP Target Exclusive' and the 'Caesar Warrior Collection Bust'! :drool: :cool:

It keeps saying sold out when I try to preorder. Will there still be copies at the store that morning.

You should be able to pick one up in store on release day depending on interest. Alternatively, you could order for store pick up on release day to guarantee yourself a copy. This option will be made available on release day a couple of hrs before stores open.

Reactions: hypeboy3
Since on Best Buy's website this is only listed as 3d blu ray is this confirmed to also come with the 2D version?
All blu-rays had a standard 2D release, 3D are optional or 3D & 2D but no Dvd. Not everyone has a 3D TV set. For Example :Sin City has no slot for the 3D release but its in a white paper sleeve inside the unit itself.

There was a 3d only steelbook of the Hobbit extended edition and other 3d only titles that came out so it has happened before.
The Hobbit extended edition that you are talking about not only has a 3D version. Extended parts 1 & 2 but there is an "Digital HD Ultraviolet copy plus 2 Blu-rays disc behind them of different movies. That was a Best Buy but exclusive. I found that on Amazon. In short, there is a "Digital HD Ultraviolet copy plus the 3D copy. I saw it on Amazon. That's not a normal Blu-ray unit regarding what Americans buy.
That 2D Blu-ray version is the standard in America right now.

Last edited:
There was a 3d only steelbook of the Hobbit extended edition and other 3d only titles that came out so it has happened before.
Yeah the Hobbit BB exclusive was only 3D movie and came with part 7 and 8 of The Journey documentary on blu ray discs. It didn't come with the movie in 2D unless you count the Digital copy.

Yeah the Hobbit BB exclusive was only 3D movie and came with part 7 and 8 of The Journey documentary on blu ray discs. It didn't come with the movie in 2D unless you count the Digital copy.
Well if the "Digital" copy is there than hey that counts. In short, there was a another way of viewing this movie other than in 3D.

It don't matter. I just didn't buy that Hobbit extended edition since there was no 2D version of the movie with it. I'm just saying it has happened before and I don't mind them putting the 3D version of a movie in a steelbook or metalpak just don't ruin it by leaving the 2D disc out. Glad this one has the 2D disc since I really wanted it. The whole thing started when best buy was listing it on there website with only the 3D shown on there.

Reactions: ocielz
Well if the "Digital" copy is there than hey that counts. In short, there was a another way of viewing this movie other than in 3D.
On blu-ray.com members have them for sell. The website is down right now. I have been trying for 2 hours.
Yeah it was a 2D digital copy and that where I sell all my DC's, I don't use them:D

Also my copy has Shipped!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It don't matter. I just didn't buy that Hobbit extended edition since there was no 2D version of the movie with it. I'm just saying it has happened before and I don't mind them putting the 3D version of a movie in a steelbook or metalpak just don't ruin it by leaving the 2D disc out. Glad this one has the 2D disc since I really wanted it. The whole thing started when best buy was listing it on there website with only the 3D shown on there.
That was probably some goofy thing that some executive made. 3D Blu-ray only. That makes no sense in 2014 or 2015 even though they put it out there to sell. And Best Buy buyers bought into the stupid notion. That's how store buyers waste money putting out stuff. Someone at corporate get ahead of themselves or beside themselves. Buy what we want not what you think you can sell to the public.
For example Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD plus exclusives all for $19.99 in America

Last edited:
This got moved to December 2nd instead of the original December 9th release date, I was really looking forward to a week off though after all the pop art and iconic art steels and then with galaxy and turtles coming up.

Im headed to the store now to pick mines up. But I see Hobbit talk and I refuse to buy any of those because I wanna wait until the whole series is out. Im sure there will be a ultimate edition of all of them like the original series.