Gotham
Release: September 9th, 2014
Platform: PS4, XB1, PS3, XB360
Purchase:
Amazon US
Amazon UK
Zavvi.com

HDN Destiny Clan: http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/183825

From the creators of Halo and the company that brought you Call of Duty, comes Destiny, an epic adventure unlike anything players have experienced. In Destiny you are a Guardian of the last city on Earth, able to wield incredible power. Explore the ancient ruins of our solar system, from the red dunes of Mars to the lush jungles of Venus. Defeat Earth's enemies. Discover all that we have lost. Become legend.

imagejfx.jpg

For years, the name Bungie has been synonymous with the game Halo. Yesterday, they unveiled their next massive project called Destiny. They've partnered up with activision and the game looks amazing. This will be the thread for news, photos and updates relating to the game. Enjoy!

Attachments

• destiny.jpg
    destiny.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 6,155
Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, is this game recommended for a person who has never played an MMO, and who prefers games with awesome single-player campaigns ? This person would be me :) ... I always buy games based on their single-player experience, and all online interactions are secondary to me .. I do play online, but I treat it as just an 'add-on' to the main single-player game .. I think Destiny doesn't fall in this category from what I've read .. I also don't have any real world friends who are also gamers (I do have friends, but none are gamers), so any folks I'll form a clan with will most likely be random dudes ... Should I buy into the hype and get this or wait for a price drop ?

I'm loving the steelbook in the limited edition but its $99 which I can spend to buy 1-2 kimchi's instead too :p ... So need some advice ..

Guys, is this game recommended for a person who has never played an MMO, and who prefers games with awesome single-player campaigns ? This person would be me :) ... I always buy games based on their single-player experience, and all online interactions are secondary to me .. I do play online, but I treat it as just an 'add-on' to the main single-player game .. I think Destiny doesn't fall in this category from what I've read .. I also don't have any real world friends who are also gamers (I do have friends, but none are gamers), so any folks I'll form a clan with will most likely be random dudes ... Should I buy into the hype and get this or wait for a price drop ?

I'm loving the steelbook in the limited edition but its $99 which I can spend to buy 1-2 kimchi's instead too :p ... So need some advice ..

You can still just explore and do stuff by yourself, if you want to. I do that myself half of the time, as i usually only like single player games as well, but Destiny is sucking me in.

Put in a request to join the clan psn=jonzster :thumbs:
Accepted. Don't forget to go back to bungie.net and set your gaming system. We currently have myself and Jace 88, who have set their systems. Everybody else still needs to do so.

Reactions: kron
Also requested. Going to be playing this until the iPhone preorders go up tonight, then playing it all day tomorrow until the Cap Nova orders go up tomorrow night! :thumbs:

Forgot to mention, gamertag is Drookur. You're all welcome to hit me up if you want.

Reactions: Sixteenvolt420
You can still just explore and do stuff by yourself, if you want to. I do that myself half of the time, as i usually only like single player games as well, but Destiny is sucking me in.

Accepted. Don't forget to go back to bungie.net and set your gaming system. We currently have myself and Jace 88, who have set their systems. Everybody else still needs to do so.

Done. Look forward to doing some strikes/raids with you guys #NNJA :thumbs:

Reactions: Sixteenvolt420
Looks like the Playstation clan should now appear in game. The Xbox clan only has one member so far, and it takes atleast 3 for the clan to initiate in game.

• Informative
Reactions: kron
Looks like the Playstation clan should now appear in game. The Xbox clan only has one member so far, and it takes atleast 3 for the clan to initiate in game.
Cool. I'll check it when I play later. I've got to level 9 with my Titan guardian so far

After playing for hours in the beta I've got quite used to the mechanics of the game and have hardly died at all so far, plus knowing what to expect makes it much easier. I expect it to get much harder now I've gone passed the beta limited levels.

pvp is another story I'm useless against human opponents :LOL:

@ahmadka I would seriously consider that this game will be mostly online oriented. This is not your typical FPS single player campaign game. The game has mmo elements such as end game. Raids and such require a 6 man pre-made group. Destiny has a lot to offer for casual gamers to hardcore gamers but bottom line is: moving forward this game is a online game.

I'm assuming that one Xbox clan member is me ? :p Where are all my Xbox Ninjas at??

Up to lvl 12. Getting the hang of Crucible. Still always the first to die (repeatedly) in Fire Teams though.