Gotham
Release: September 9th, 2014
Platform: PS4, XB1, PS3, XB360
Purchase:
Amazon US
Amazon UK
Zavvi.com

HDN Destiny Clan: http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/183825

From the creators of Halo and the company that brought you Call of Duty, comes Destiny, an epic adventure unlike anything players have experienced. In Destiny you are a Guardian of the last city on Earth, able to wield incredible power. Explore the ancient ruins of our solar system, from the red dunes of Mars to the lush jungles of Venus. Defeat Earth's enemies. Discover all that we have lost. Become legend.

imagejfx.jpg

For years, the name Bungie has been synonymous with the game Halo. Yesterday, they unveiled their next massive project called Destiny. They've partnered up with activision and the game looks amazing. This will be the thread for news, photos and updates relating to the game. Enjoy!

Attachments

• destiny.jpg
    destiny.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 6,151
Last edited by a moderator:
So, i just realized that the two shader codes that i entered at Bungie.net, never showed up in the game. Tried yo re-enter them and it says that they've already been redeemed.
You have to visit the Special Orders booth in the Tower (it's the woman on your left as soon as you drop into the Tower) to pick them up mate... or have you already looked there?

You have to visit the Special Orders booth in the Tower (it's the woman on your left as soon as you drop into the Tower) to pick them up mate... or have you already looked there?
I already looked there. My stuff from the Ghost edition appeared there, but the shaders from the 2 codes never showed up.

I already looked there. My stuff from the Ghost edition appeared there, but the shaders from the 2 codes never showed up.
Not sure how I forgot about this until now, but I actually had the same problem but with my Ghost Edition shaders... I reset the licenses in the PS4 settings and they were there the next time I loaded the game, so try doing that mate. :thumbs:

Not sure how I forgot about this until now, but I actually had the same problem but with my Ghost Edition shaders... I reset the licenses in the PS4 settings and they were there the next time I loaded the game, so try doing that mate. :thumbs:

Tried that after reading this, didn't work either. These 2 codes i'm talking about were from the big list of free codes that were posted on here, that you had to enter at Bungie.net.

Nice one, Jay. Enjoy! :D

Thanks man. I got it all set up yesterday but no gaming time yet. Gotta' go get one of those pre-paid credit cards today so I can sign into PSN +.... No way Im giving them my actual CC info ever again. Everything seems pretty great on the PS4 but I have to say Im EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED/ANGRY that Sony has decided something as simple as plugging in a USB drive and checking out your family photo's or video's can't be done. How f**king ridiculous. I even did my research before buying and obviously had a blonde moment and missed this tidbit about the PS4. Oh well its home now, no point in returning it since Im going to want game on one of the next-gen consoles anyway at some point. I really hope Sony updates this blatant and obviously intended omission from the PS4. Sorry for the vent in the Destiny thread.... was just really frustrated about this as I used my PS3 for everything and I expected the PS4 to do the same. They sit side by side now.... PS3 continue's on as my media player while the PS4 is games only.

IMG_20140919_114500_zpsaa6f1e81.jpg

Kotaku has posted another sweet harvesting area where you can find cool loot and level up FAST. With one of my characters I went from a just turned level 11 to level 13 in less than 20 minutes. I actually had a blast and played with 3 different people during this time span. A lot of people are looking for the rare armor but I am currently only looking to level up and find better armor than what I have.

On ANOTHER note im irritated with all the server issues tonight .

Last edited:
I logged a few hours today on the game. Its a pretty awesome game but might not be quite my speed. Im not sure what Im doing in the game! Anyhow, made level 5, will keep playing for now.

Got my first piece of exotic gear today, farming the loot cave on earth, with about 4 other people. Exotic Machine Gun.
That spot is mental! Every time I pass by there's a ton of people just shooting into the cave... makes me wonder how many kills each person is actually getting with so many being there. Surely Bungie will patch it sooner or later to stop them from farming.

I finally fully kitted out my Titan with Legendary armor last week, and then I bought an Exotic helmet from the Xur guy on Friday... I also have an Exotic shotgun which is a beast, but it's only good at close range and the recoil is crazy, so I don't actually use it that much.

I'm currently trying to get to level 28, but I'm stuck on level 27 at the moment because I need Ascendant Shards to upgrade all my gear, and they're not the easiest things to find/unlock unfortunately. :(

That spot is mental! Every time I pass by there's a ton of people just shooting into the cave... makes me wonder how many kills each person is actually getting with so many being there. Surely Bungie will patch it sooner or later to stop them from farming.

I finally fully kitted out my Titan with Legendary armor last week, and then I bought an Exotic helmet from the Xur guy on Friday... I also have an Exotic shotgun which is a beast, but it's only good at close range and the recoil is crazy, so I don't actually use it that much.

I'm currently trying to get to level 28, but I'm stuck on level 27 at the moment because I need Ascendant Shards to upgrade all my gear, and they're not the easiest things to find/unlock unfortunately. :(

Oh yeah, and people get mad if after you pick up the ammo and engrams, you sit in the cave and dismantle all of the ones that you don't need. It is a great spot to get many engrams in a short period of time. I also saw quite a few Grimoire cards unlock while i was shooting the cave hole as well. I went from level 21 to 23, just from shooting the stuff i got from shooting the cave hole for a few hours.

I did the raid last night for a couple of hours and it was pretty fun. We only did the first boss (templar) it is trial and error until you figure out the method to do it. Communication is key and I totally see why they do not allow matchmaking for raids. I don't think there will ever be matchmaking for raids, sad but true. The raid mechanics on first boss was not hard at all but I see zero chance for 6 randoms to do it without pulling your hair out.

I have some concerns for the longevity for this game. There are only two raid bosses in this raid and after the first or second run, you should be able to clear this in and hour to hour and half. I'm already getting to that point of "what now?" I'm more annoyed at the fact that you need a static group of people to do raids. I've played mmo's since 2004 and at this time in my life I really hate the thought of "getting on to raid at this time". Last night for example, the classic we'll be starting at 10pm lead to starting at 12am, I had to stop at 230 because I needed to get up at 9... GF was not happy (she's a mmo player too but not this game). I feel bad for a lot of the people who cannot experience the raids because of the barrier (need 6 friends or static group) or just being tied down during this time to that time to raid, sucks.

PvP is fun, but it feels..lackluster I guess. Strikes and pointless, boring and loot is bad. I guess I'm just annoyed that the group I'm running with is probably not gonna work out because half of them are in a different time zone (PST).. and can/like to raid into the wee hours of the morning.

@Sixteenvolt420 Haha yeah, I love how easily annoyed they get... I put up my shield in there the other day and they weren't too happy about it. :p

@nicblue I completely understand your frustration with the raids... I pretty much feel the same about them to be honest. Unless you get really lucky with random players, then the only way you're ever going to complete an entire raid is by putting together a team yourself and using mics so you can discuss strategy. I've only attempted it once with a few friends and some randoms, and it didn't go well at all.

The loot is the main thing that keeps me playing... I get such a buzz from finding new gear and leveling up. One thing that really annoys me though are the engrams... obviously green are the most common, then blue, then purple, and finally yellow (which I've personally never come across myself). But it seems the colour of the engram doesn't always match what you get once it's decrypted... I've had so many purples that turn out blue, and tons of blues that turn out green. The only exotic item I ever got from an engram came from a purple one, but it was for the Hunter class... I'm a Titan!? :banghead:

@Sixteenvolt420 Haha yeah, I love how easily annoyed they get... I put up my shield in there the other day and they weren't too happy about it. :p

@nicblue I completely understand your frustration with the raids... I pretty much feel the same about them to be honest. Unless you get really lucky with random players, then the only way you're ever going to complete an entire raid is by putting together a team yourself and using mics so you can discuss strategy. I've only attempted it once with a few friends and some randoms, and it didn't go well at all.

The loot is the main thing that keeps me playing... I get such a buzz from finding new gear and leveling up. One thing that really annoys me though are the engrams... obviously green are the most common, then blue, then purple, and finally yellow (which I've personally never come across myself). But it seems the colour of the engram doesn't always match what you get once it's decrypted... I've had so many purples that turn out blue, and tons of blues that turn out green. The only exotic item I ever got from an engram came from a purple one, but it was for the Hunter class... I'm a Titan!? :banghead:

Yeah, they sometimes do decode differently than the color they are, but usually in the description it says they can be one of 2-4 colors. I have a Legendary Titan thing that i can't use, but i saved it in my vault just incase. I wish they'd make it so we could trade engrams with others.

^^^ What the heck are raids that your all talking about? I finally found multiplayer last evening. I got destroyed in multiplayer, lol.
You can find the raid on Venus mate. Go to Orbit, open up the map, click on Venus and you should see a skull icon that's called Vault of Glass. I can't remember if you only unlock it once you get to a certain level though... it's recommended for level 26 or higher anyway. Multiplayer/PvP is pretty hard at times to be fair (it obviously depends on the players). I find that's something else which is a lot easier when you're working as a team, so try and stick close to your teammates. :thumbs:

Yeah, they sometimes do decode differently than the color they are, but usually in the description it says they can be one of 2-4 colors. I have a Legendary Titan thing that i can't use, but i saved it in my vault just incase. I wish they'd make it so we could trade engrams with others.
Yeah, sorry... I wasn't trying to say it was a bug or anything. It just annoys me how the engrams do that, because you hardly ever see any purple ones anyway, so when they turn out blue it's like... :angry:!!! Speaking of purple engrams... I just happened to get one earlier and to my surprise it was for a primary weapon, so I now have full legendary gear! :D

Here's an update on what my Titan looks like:

Titan1.jpg

You can find the raid on Venus mate. Go to Orbit, open up the map, click on Venus and you should see a skull icon that's called Vault of Glass. I can't remember if you only unlock it once you get to a certain level though... it's recommended for level 26 or higher anyway. Multiplayer/PvP is pretty hard at times to be fair (it obviously depends on the players). I find that's something else which is a lot easier when you're working as a team, so try and stick close to your teammates. :thumbs:

Yeah, sorry... I wasn't trying to say it was a bug or anything. It just annoys me how the engrams do that, because you hardly ever see any purple ones anyway, so when they turn out blue it's like... :angry:!!! Speaking of purple engrams... I just happened to get one earlier and to my surprise it was for a primary weapon, so I now have full legendary gear! :D

Here's an update on what my Titan looks like:

View attachment 102015

Ah ok, thanks for the info. I dont have venus unlocked yet. Ill probably play the game for another week or so and see if I like it. So far its a visually beautiful game, no doubt, but Im not really feeling it. Kinda' boring after a while at times, probably just me though, everyone else seems to be enjoying it.