Gotham
Release: September 9th, 2014
Platform: PS4, XB1, PS3, XB360
Purchase:
Amazon US
Amazon UK
Zavvi.com

HDN Destiny Clan: http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/183825

From the creators of Halo and the company that brought you Call of Duty, comes Destiny, an epic adventure unlike anything players have experienced. In Destiny you are a Guardian of the last city on Earth, able to wield incredible power. Explore the ancient ruins of our solar system, from the red dunes of Mars to the lush jungles of Venus. Defeat Earth's enemies. Discover all that we have lost. Become legend.

imagejfx.jpg

For years, the name Bungie has been synonymous with the game Halo. Yesterday, they unveiled their next massive project called Destiny. They've partnered up with activision and the game looks amazing. This will be the thread for news, photos and updates relating to the game. Enjoy!

Attachments

• destiny.jpg
    destiny.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 6,150
Last edited by a moderator:
Patch 1.0.2 is live! Updates: Legendary Engrams now guarantee Legendary items, better rewards from Strikes, and more!

Read the full article: http://www.bungie.net/7_Update-102---Patch-Notes/en/News/News?aid=12235

My question on this and im honestly not sure if this was before or after the update tonight when I was playing ... Or if they fixed or are planning on fixing said issue. I got a purple from a public match on earth I decoded it and it was a Hunter class helmet and I have a warlock........

If its a issue I hope they fix this. Yes I started a hunter class a while back when I was a bit bored but im not sure If ill play with them any more... I stored the Item for now but I wish we could trade things with friends that were of equal value .

My question on this and im honestly not sure if this was before or after the update tonight when I was playing ... Or if they fixed or are planning on fixing said issue. I got a purple from a public match on earth I decoded it and it was a Hunter class helmet and I have a warlock........

If its a issue I hope they fix this. Yes I started a hunter class a while back when I was a bit bored but im not sure If ill play with them any more... I stored the Item for now but I wish we could trade things with friends that were of equal value .

I also wish they would add trading. I have 2 legendary Warlock armor pieces in my vault which i can't use, because i'm a Hunter.

This was the update I'd be waiting for, but after playing for 3 hours last night I hardly saw any engrams, or at least not as many as I used to... I'm thinking they've secretly decreased the amount that drop? I did a few Strikes and some PVP with two friends and the rewards were either utter crap or just non-existent.

As for getting gear for other classes @Xavier, I think Bungie once said that it wasn't a bug and is meant to happen. I bought an exotic helmet engram from the Xur guy who appears once a week in the Tower and he gave me a helmet for a Hunter (I'm a Titan!), so I'd wasted all my coins/motes of light (can't remember which I used now) on it. :angry:

I'm ready to lose my life to the next big game now anyway... been bored of Destiny for the past week or so, but only continue to play because a mate drags me on lol. I'm sure I'll revisit and be hooked again once they release some DLC, and I agree with @Sixteenvolt420... trading would defintely spice things up and bring some more enjoyment to the game.

Reactions: Xavier
@Noodles I also noticed that I wasn't getting half as much engrams as i was before the update,& that the ones I did were crap.

What game is next for you then?

I'm still enjoying destiny,but I want something different to play aswel.I got fifa last week but I just can't get into it really.

I think I'm going to get sleeping dogs as i missed it on PS3,& it should tin me over until gta next month.

I want DC,but will it be any good?I like the look of alien isolation but after colonial marines I'm very hesitate to slap £35 down.

Reactions: Noodles
@Lukesablade Glad I'm not alone in thinking that then... it wouldn't surprise me if it's something else they've done to prevent farming, but who knows?! To be fair, I overdid it with Destiny... played on it pretty much every day since release.

Advanced Warfare is probably the next big game for me, but I haven't played a CoD game since MW3, so I'm probably going to be pretty rusty and therefore not enjoy it as much as I'm hoping. GTAV is definitely one I'm excited to check out on PS4, but whether I'll actually play it much is another question.

Alien Isolation certainly grabbed my attention... like you though, I'm also hesitant to pay full price. Same goes for DriveClub, which thankfully will be free to PS+ subscribers anyway, so at least that gives us a chance to make our minds up on whether to purchase or not.

Got my Destiny Limited Edition a few days ago ... Have been playing it a little, currently at Level 3 .. I definitely understand why people were suggesting earlier to play this with friends, etc ... I can understand how awesome that must be .. So far the storyline is pretty much non-existent, but I like the RPG elements in the game, where you can upgrade different gear that your guardian is wearing .. That's a very unique and new thing for FPS games and I love it !

Got a few questions if someone can answer:

1) I go to the Tower trying to find people at n00b levels like me (new beginners) so that I can make a fireteam with them. But I only see level 20+ people there. Where are the newbs ?

2) The game itself isn't that easy to pick up I think ... For example, the only way I know to do actual shooting, is by going into orbit and launching some mission .. What about those PvP and PvE matches, how do I get into those ?

3) How can I change the facial appearance of my guardian once it has been created ? ... I don't suppose I can change the type (from human to one of those robots things) ? :p

Also, anyone new you want to partner up, add me on PSN .. ahmadka ..

Got my Destiny Limited Edition a few days ago ... Have been playing it a little, currently at Level 3 .. I definitely understand why people were suggesting earlier to play this with friends, etc ... I can understand how awesome that must be .. So far the storyline is pretty much non-existent, but I like the RPG elements in the game, where you can upgrade different gear that your guardian is wearing .. That's a very unique and new thing for FPS games and I love it !

Got a few questions if someone can answer:

1) I go to the Tower trying to find people at n00b levels like me (new beginners) so that I can make a fireteam with them. But I only see level 20+ people there. Where are the newbs ?

2) The game itself isn't that easy to pick up I think ... For example, the only way I know to do actual shooting, is by going into orbit and launching some mission .. What about those PvP and PvE matches, how do I get into those ?

3) How can I change the facial appearance of my guardian once it has been created ? ... I don't suppose I can change the type (from human to one of those robots things) ? :p

Also, anyone new you want to partner up, add me on PSN .. ahmadka ..

There currently is no way to change the look of your character once it's created. As for PVP and such, if i remember correctly, it's doesn't appear in the orbit menu until you are atleast a level 5.

Just letting you guys know i returned this to Amazon. Feel free to remove me from the HDN clan.

S420 is right, Crucible doesn't appear in orbit until you're level 5. However, "PVE" matches, or Strikes, can be accessed by going to orbit, selecting any of the planets, and hitting the Strike icons. This will start matchmaking for you and two others of similar level, and you'll be ported to the strike as a team.

I always usually enjoy what Honest trailers make. This one had me dying tho.

Right now Ive just really been playing with friends.

Reactions: Noodles
Bungie is having internal discussions about the value of matchmaking in some of the game's tougher challenges, such as Raids.

“We’re having conversations about how Matchmaking might support the more challenging activities in Destiny. You don’t need to sell us too hard on the value of Matchmaking at Bungie,” wrote Deejon the official site. “It’s something we helped to pioneer.

“Yet, we understand its limitations. In the recipe of a Bungie game, Matchmaking has always contributed the ingredient of a team built to play one match of competitive multiplayer. As you’ve probably witnessed in recent weeks (or years), many of those fresh allies have failed to go the distance together.

“The Raid was designed for solid teams of killers who have made a commitment to solve a dense and explosive riddle. Most of the raiding parties who have emerged victorious from the Vault of Glass have sworn that one weak link would have doomed their chain. There have been other stories, of course. We’ve heard tell of Guardians who met each other just outside the door that leads into that vault. Strange tales have reached our ears – tales of total strangers who have banded together to see the Raid all the way through to a triumphant finale.

“Those stories surprise us, but the players of our games always have. The best I can do to answer your question is to let you know that you’ve been heard. We’re having conversations about how Matchmaking might support the more challenging activities in Destiny. It’s a start. Keep sounding off about it, and maybe someday some matchmade Fireteam mates will hear you, too.”

I've definitely slowed down on playing Destiny in the past week. It went from playing all the time to getting on to do dailies, waiting for weekly reset and then doing weekly heroic, NF, and the raid. Feeling far to familiar to mmos (like wow). I think I've sunk 80hrs gameplay so far. I have like 53 shards but I don't want to upgrade any of my gear to hit 29 (raid gear never drops). The game is still fun...leveling up weapons and armor is fun but it's starting to drag on. The iron banner that is coming out tomorrow might help, but I dunno.

Shadow of mordor is fun...I might have to head back to ps3 soon and start on my back log..or last of us remastered, haven't even touched that SP lol

I've definitely slowed down on playing Destiny in the past week. It went from playing all the time to getting on to do dailies, waiting for weekly reset and then doing weekly heroic, NF, and the raid. Feeling far to familiar to mmos (like wow). I think I've sunk 80hrs gameplay so far. I have like 53 shards but I don't want to upgrade any of my gear to hit 29 (raid gear never drops). The game is still fun...leveling up weapons and armor is fun but it's starting to drag on. The iron banner that is coming out tomorrow might help, but I dunno.

Shadow of mordor is fun...I might have to head back to ps3 soon and start on my back log..or last of us remastered, haven't even touched that SP lol

I'm stuck at being a level 27, almost 28 on Destiny. I need a bunch of Ascendant Shards for leveling up my gear.

I keep getting to the end of level 28/beginning of level 29 and then I unlock new armor in the Raid, so have to switch and work on upgrading it all, which obviously knocks my level back down... got raid chest armor and finally fully upgraded that which got me back up to level 29, then I got a better exotic helmet which dropped me back down to beginning of level 28, and then I got raid leg armor yesterday, so now I'm level 27 (almost 28 again). It's never ending haha! Think I should at least be level 30 or very close once everything is upgraded though, so it's not all bad. :D

I keep getting to the end of level 28/beginning of level 29 and then I unlock new armor in the Raid, so have to switch and work on upgrading it all, which obviously knocks my level back down... got raid chest armor and finally fully upgraded that which got me back up to level 29, then I got a better exotic helmet which dropped me back down to beginning of level 28, and then I got raid leg armor yesterday, so now I'm level 27 (almost 28 again). It's never ending haha! Think I should at least be level 30 or very close once everything is upgraded though, so it's not all bad. :D

I suck at PVP being that i haven't really played it all that much since way back on the N64 with Goldeneye, and 3 friends locally. I tried it the first week, got pissd because i suck, haven't been back since. I may try and go there again, as i have to earn like 500 points or something like that, for my Depleted Hand Cannon Exotic Bounty. If it takes me too long to get that many points, i may just abandon it. How many steps are there to this damn bounty anyways?

Activision and Bungie today announced that Destiny Expansion I: The Dark Below will be available for download on December 9. "The Dark Below" marks the first expansion to the universe since Destiny's launch in September and features all-new weapons and gear to earn through new story, cooperative and multiplayer activities.

"Destiny was created as a living universe, which has allowed us to improve the experience post launch in real-time," says Harold Ryan, President of Bungie. "It also gives us insight into the things players are looking for in new content. We've seen from feedback that people want new activities, gear and weapons, and of course the immensely popular Raid. The community helps shape our development decisions and that's really important to us."

dark.jpg

Destiny Expansion I: The Dark Below will feature the following:

- New weapons, armor, and gear to earn, including Legendary and Exotic items
- Light Level cap raised to 32 and five additional Bounty slots added
- New story quests and missions - after years hiding amongst the Hive shadows, a new character, Eris, has come forth bearing an ominous warning: The Hive seek to summon a god, Crota, to destroy the Earth. Find Eris in the Tower to take on special quests that include three new missions where you will increase your Light and earn new rewards
- New cooperative Strike, The Will of Crota, pits you and your Fireteam against Omnigul as she works to expand the Hive army at the command of her master, Crota
- Three new competitive multiplayer arenas
Pantheon - set deep within the Black Garden in an ancient Vex temple that features Vex-designed landscapes and tight corridors
Skyshock - an old interplanetary defense array that offers both vehicle and infantry engagements
The Cauldron - an abandoned Hive ritual site that offers close-quarter combat
- New six-player Raid, Crota's End, set deep within the depths of the Hellmouth
- PlayStation platforms will also get access to an exclusive cooperative Strike, The Undying Mind, and more (timed exclusive until at least Fall 2015)

Players can purchase "The Dark Below" individually ($19.99), or as part of the Destiny Expansion Pass ($34.99), which includes both "Expansion I" and "Expansion II," on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360.

• Informative
Reactions: kron and Ask
Hi guys I've reached level 28 but still not done the raid.. anyone up for doing the vog? haven't a clue what to do though :)

psn = jonzster