Gotham
Release: September 9th, 2014
Platform: PS4, XB1, PS3, XB360
Purchase:
Amazon US
Amazon UK
Zavvi.com

HDN Destiny Clan: http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/183825

From the creators of Halo and the company that brought you Call of Duty, comes Destiny, an epic adventure unlike anything players have experienced. In Destiny you are a Guardian of the last city on Earth, able to wield incredible power. Explore the ancient ruins of our solar system, from the red dunes of Mars to the lush jungles of Venus. Defeat Earth's enemies. Discover all that we have lost. Become legend.

imagejfx.jpg

For years, the name Bungie has been synonymous with the game Halo. Yesterday, they unveiled their next massive project called Destiny. They've partnered up with activision and the game looks amazing. This will be the thread for news, photos and updates relating to the game. Enjoy!

Attachments

• destiny.jpg
    destiny.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 6,151
Last edited by a moderator:
That was a pretty good shoot em up session Noodles (not sure if you recognized me though, lol). Doubled up my rank from 6 to 12!
Ohh that was you? Cool! :D

Haha yeah, I noticed how quickly you'd ranked up... the farming spots are great for that and getting upgrades on weapons. I was trying to quickly complete some bounties, but then I got hooked on collecting engrams. :p

Hey guys!

I'm currently enjoying Destiny on my PS4, i just reached lvl 20 yesterday. :)
Anyway, as i currently only have 2 friends playing Destiny on PS4, i'm looking for a few members to play some raids (as soon as i'm at least lvl 25^^) and just have a few good sessions.
So if you want an shotter-experienced player in your friendlist, you will find me with my PSN-ID "MonsteRZebra" - feel free to add me! ;)

Keep it up guardians!

Reactions: Noodles
I had ago at the looting cave yesterday. As I got to the area there was an event so did that and then did looting with a few guys already there. Got a load of new weapons and a couple blue engrams for armour. Then, we got another event that was really hard but completed it with gold medals. By time it was finished all creatures from cave had made it everywhere round the cave.

Blue engrams turned out to be uncommon armour and even got a purple one which turned out to be blue chest plate :(

Didnt lv up either so still lv21

I finally got to properly attempt a Raid last night which I'd really been looking forward to, but from start to finish I found it to be a horrible experience... it was just too damn stressful and actually gave me a headache. It also didn't help that everyone was practically screaming down the mic when we beat the bosses and/or found hidden chests, as they were all getting cool gear from them... for some reason I got absolutely nothing throughout the entire Raid, so it was a complete waste of time for me. We eventually made it to the final boss but the game randomly decided to kick me, and I just couldn't be bothered after that.

Have any of you attempted the Raid yet? If so, how did you do?

The Queen’s Wrath event for Destiny is now live by the way. Reef bounties have been added to the bounty vendor in the Tower and contain multiple challenges on existing missions. The Queen emissary herself is located in a previously closed off area behind the bounty vendor and you can buy class items, two shaders and three weapons from her using the reputation you acquire from doing the bounties.

Looks like the game has received another patch too... three Story Missions, two on the Moon and one on Mars, have had their difficulty slightly reduced, while The Vault of Glass has also been tweaked to avoid unfair wipes.

Here's the patch list:

Missions
- Shrine of Oryx: Reduced difficulty by removing majors from Heroic tiers
- Sword of Crota: Reduced difficulty by removing majors from Heroic tiers
- Exclusion Zone: Reduced difficulty by removing majors from Heroic tiers
Raids
- Dropping the relic at the end of the raid will no longer result in a team wipe. This will prevent players being stuck at a black screen after the raid.
- You will remain dead if you were dead when the mission ended. That will be addressed by a future patch.

Last edited:
Guys add me on PSN if you like.... My handle is "I-AM-GROOT-86". Would love to play some Destiny with other people... It seems to me this game was meant for team-play. I find running around on my own gets, well, lame after a bit.

$_57.JPG

So I managed two Legendary weapons one last night and one tonight during a little bit of farming with friends. I also scored a rare helmet boots and chest plate . Kinda happy about it. I have gotten a ton of rare items today. If anyone wants to add me feel free to. I currently only have 2 friends who play. I would not mind playing through the game or farming with anyone im not too good at the crucible.

I'd like to get together with 2 others to get the weekly heroic strike out of the way. Kinda annoyed with missing out on the strange coins.

Per Bungie http://www.bungie.net/7_102-Patch-Preview/en/News/News?aid=12202

The 1.0.2 patch will go live next week, and includes several changes to the Cryptarch and Engram experience. These changes guarantee that Engrams will always decode into items at or above the quality of an engram.
Only Engrams that drop after 1.0.2 are subject to this change.
Cryptarch Changes
Cayde-6 took the Cryptarch aside and showed him a sack of doorknobs. He decoded that mystery pretty quickly.
  • Legendary Engrams will always produce Legendary or better quality items, including Materials or Exotics
  • Rare Engrams will always produce Rare or better quality items
  • Rare engrams will have an increased chance to produce Legendary quality items
Activity Changes
  • Daily Heroics, Weekly Heroics, and Vanguard: Tiger Playlist activities will include Rare and Legendary Engrams in addition to their existing rewards
Item Changes
  • Ascendant materials have been promoted to Legendary to closer associate them with the gear they are used to upgrade
  • Legendary Engram items that exist in your inventory will be demoted to Rare quality when the patch goes live, so decode them while you can. But let’s be honest--even if you don’t, we all know they were blues already...

About time they sorted the engrams out! Why they didn't just do it like that in the first place I'll never understand.

About time they sorted the engrams out! Why they didn't just do it like that in the first place I'll never understand.

They were going to until someone was like Hey I bet it would be fun to piss players off .

Also future LEKAED possible DLC

From the looks of it Im betting this would have been a fair amount of content they SHOULD have just released with the game.... I had really hoped for new planets.

@Xavier Yeah, looks like that's what they originally had planned for the game, then removed it all... possibly for future DLC like you said. I knew they'd at least add some missions to the Reef anyway, since there's absolutely nothing in that location at the moment.