Do You Want Amazon to DITCH the FRUSTRATION FREE PACKAGING?

How would you prefer your steelbooks packaged?

• Total voters
Having had nothing but bad experience due to Amazon's frustration free packaging (Many times), I decided to start this thread so that all those affected can comment and share their experiences about how they have suffered.

The Frustration Free Packaging is basically an easy to open box. But the edges of the cardboard that hold the steelbooks at the two sides dig in and tear the shrink wrap and even scratch/scuff the steelbook surface most of the times, if not always as shown below:

This one is supposed to be the one I received in perfect condition. Others were even worse and were returned immediately. So, this is all I could picture
IMG_0145.jpg

The corner damaged from the holders
IMG_0147.jpg

Another corner with a torn shrink wrap and minor scuffs not visible here
IMG_0152.jpg

The poll suggests the two ways you would want your steelbook packaged. Please vote for your favorite method because maybe this way we can get our message through to Amazon and call on them to change their current packaging.

And guys please feel free to post pictures of your steelbooks as well whether damaged or intact so that everyone can share their opinions on the packaging :)

EDIT: After having many questions from members here, I decided to explain how and why this Frustration Box packaging causes frustration. Well first off, I'm an international buyer and not a resident of North America or EU. Now, most of the members who have had a good experience with this packaging are the ones who got it from their respective Amazon websites either in NA or EU.

Since, it's a local delivery within the respective continents, there's gonna be no or very minimal wear/damage to the shrink wrap. But there might be some wear of the top layer of the shrink wrap (where it holds the steelbook) though it wouldn't surprise me if there's none.

But when it comes to international delivery, a lot of factors come into play ranging from distance, change of carriers, way of handling to final delivery. And what we (International buyers) get are steelbooks with torn shrink wraps, sometimes even crushed boxes EEK!

So basically, this thread is about trying to get the packaging done right with the use of bubble wrap especially for international buyers like myself. Though everyone is welcome to vote for their favorite method, but for me a few layers of bubble always help ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: bd251