Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: March 6, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99
Notes: This steelbook has the title on the spine.

11355402-2804450968512937.jpg

11355402-2124450968749505.jpg
11355402-4354450969197693.jpg
11355402-6484450968333585.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Steelbook looks great. Ordered mine from amazon.de...:whistle:

Just hope it's glossy, or spot gloss and I will be very happy..:watch:

Now if only Disney will get a move on and release a 4K version this year with Dolby Vision included, (pop the disc inside this beauty)_ and I will be a very happy bunny...:p:drool:

Steelbook from Spain 2D Steelbook
Don't have a title on the spine
If UK steelbook the same I expect the thread posts to be interesting :rofl:

Disney has confirmed the final steelbook design for Spain and it's the same as this one...minus the spine title.

So either we're getting a different edition than (probably) the rest of Europe (maybe a UK and US edition with spine title) or we are not gettig spine title at all.

Hope the title is there...Zavvi should confirm it when the movie is close to being released right?

Called it more than a month ago. Maybe zavvi is somehow getting a different edition from the rest of Europe but it seems strange to me (hopefully that's the case...).

The front looks good though

Maybe zavvi is somehow getting a different edition from the rest of Europe but it seems strange to me (hopefully that's the case...).

Same edition, as this is the International steelbook. If you want something different you have to go China (or Portugal!?)

Only difference as I understand it is that the U.K. edition has an exclusive spine with a title on it instead of the funky antique leather bound tooled book look that everyone else is getting.

Anyway, we'll know soon enough as my U.K. copy is being processed as I write this.
CHINA ................................................. PORTUGAL (?)
172524_large.jpg
172531_large.jpg

Just hope it's glossy, or spot gloss and I will be very happy..:watch:

Zero finish + embossing on both sides (eye and frame on the front, just the frame on the back).
Guessing there will be spot gloss treatment to and around the eye.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reports all state that ONLY the U.K. will have DOCTOR STRANGE as a title on the spine . . . not a thumbnail of the good doctor (lol).

There is reportedly NO SPINE TITLE for the rest of Europe, for Asia or for The Americas and live pics of the steelbook from Spain confirm that as fact in at least one territory.

Expecting to see live pics very shortly of other non-U.K. territories' steelbooks and expecting them to look the same as this fair Spanish lady.

(GRAIL ?)

I have posted a tweet on Twitter to Marvel and Zavvi to get confirmation regarding the title on the spine for the UK release
I added the photo of the release in Spain showing that that release don't have the title

Will I get a reply :LOL::rofl:

I have posted a tweet on Twitter to Marvel and Zavvi to get confirmation regarding the title on the spine for the UK release
I added the photo of the release in Spain showing that that release don't have the title

Will I get a reply :LOL::rofl:
Yes it will be this.. :mooning:

At Zavvi headquarters the information desk be like...:LOL:
tumblr_n2g0ycIgmR1rosb88o1_500.gif

:LOL::rofl::LOL: :naughty: :whistle:

Last edited:
I'm one of few who likes the GOTH and Ant-Man steelboos, without spine. I like Dr- Strange as well. they will look great side by side.

I'm usually the first to jump at the chance to bash Zavvi, but their past exclusives show that they must have a pretty decent relationship with Disney, so I'm staying hopeful that Z managed to convince D to give the UK version a titled spine. If it turns out not to be the case though, then I'll happily get my pitchfork out along with the rest of you. :p

giphy.gif

Thanks FhaterKarras (The last collector web) for the pictures... (post. #404)

Attachments

• 20170222_102159.jpg
    20170222_102159.jpg
    340 KB · Views: 182
  • 20170222_102155.jpg
    20170222_102155.jpg
    374.2 KB · Views: 195
  • 20170222_102036.jpg
    20170222_102036.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 208
  • 20170222_102027.jpg
    20170222_102027.jpg
    335.9 KB · Views: 184
  • 20170222_102012.jpg
    20170222_102012.jpg
    320.8 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Anyone know if this will come back in stock closer to release? I ordered the US one thinking there would be a spine so now I'm hoping I have a chance to get this one since it will have a title

Same edition, as this is the International steelbook. If you want something different you have to go China (or Portugal!?)

Only difference as I understand it is that the U.K. edition has an exclusive spine with a title on it instead of the funky antique leather bound tooled book look that everyone else is getting.

Anyway, we'll know soon enough as my U.K. copy is being processed as I write this.
CHINA ................................................. PORTUGAL (?)
172524_large.jpg
172531_large.jpg

Zero finish + embossing on both sides (eye and frame on the front, just the frame on the back).
Guessing there will be spot gloss treatment to and around the eye.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reports all state that ONLY the U.K. will have DOCTOR STRANGE as a title on the spine . . . not a thumbnail of the good doctor (lol).

There is reportedly NO SPINE TITLE for the rest of Europe, for Asia or for The Americas and live pics of the steelbook from Spain confirm that as fact in at least one territory.

Expecting to see live pics very shortly of other non-U.K. territories' steelbooks and expecting them to look the same as this fair Spanish lady.

(GRAIL ?)

So it's a different edition then lol

If it has a spine title in the UK like reported by zavvi then it's technically a different edition to the rest of the world. Whether it's just a spine title or different art. It's still a different editon

Just like when the US or Canada get a "different" editon usually

And Portugal won't have WEA. They just haven't changed the mock up on their sites

I wonder if it turns out to be true and we do get a spine title if novas NC Editon will be the same considering they usually get the same European stock but then i suppose it won't if Germany and the other European countires all get a titless spine. Be interesting to see what version nova get anyway.
Also you do get PET slips and magnetic spines with theirs so I suppose it don't actually matter