Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: March 6, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99
Notes: This steelbook has the title on the spine.

11355402-2804450968512937.jpg

11355402-2124450968749505.jpg
11355402-4354450969197693.jpg
11355402-6484450968333585.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You obviously take the Steelbook apart when spraying is that correct?

not needed lay flat on cardboard with all disc etc out spray all around the edges + spine was ok as well and hey presto.
only thing i would do diff next time is either have a box to go over the lot between coats or have a box that my piece of cardboard would fit inside another box and bring all in to leave in the spare room to dry and prob use both of those tbh.

basil :thumbs:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: chunk
not needed lay flat on cardboard with all disc etc out spray all around the edges + spine was ok as well and hey presto.
only thing i would do diff next time is either have a box to go over the lot between coats or have a box that my piece of cardboard would fit inside another box and bring all in to leave in the spare room to dry and prob use both of those tbh.

Given the spine isn't the same material, did you have any problems with adherence to the plastic? I imagine a quick bit of painters tape would be manageable but it sounds like it worked out for you.

It looks superb! Great job and awesome photos. :cool:

With Benedict Cumberbatch attending the London Film and Comic Con at the end of the month, I'm thinking of getting him to sign this edition, but I'm not sure if the signature would stand out against the background.

• Helpful Post
  • Thanks
Reactions: HUBMUSWELL and Aniv
@chunk you where 100% correct did deserve a gloss finish :D

i finally had a go at glossing a steelbook now its not perfect as is my first go but i learnt quite a bit by having a go.
one major trick is once sprayed on cardboard in the garden bring in, in another box to let dry in the spare room unforunately i just sat with it while each coat went off for 15 mins. i did 2 coats for this steel but then left in the garden for a while that was my slight mistake as have got a odd bit of muck and in the gloss like few bits that are so tiny you have to be looking very close apart from that well happy and will now have to be going thru rest of my collection and do some more.
and if nothing else i prob own the only gloss version of this atm :drool::rofl:

i suggest you give it a go, don't think you will be disappointed with result.
anyway photos below taken with my phone so not brillant but good enough.

dr%20strange%20gloss%201.jpg

dr%20strange%20gloss%202.jpg

dr%20strange%20gloss%203.jpg

dr%20strange%20gloss%204.jpg

dr%20strange%20gloss%205.jpg

my advice

the steel needs to be warm, not cold or red hot, definatley indoors but have a mask and with as little dust as possible if you dont have suits as little clothing as posible , ie no jumpers as more dust to be created thinner coats and more than fewer thicker coats but i would also get better lacquer but doesnt look too bad for your first try

Reactions: Basil and Aniv
Nice silver sharpie should do it

I'm thinking that now myself. I'm also thinking of getting Mads Mikkelson and Benedict Wong to sign it as well.

I've had poor experiences with sharpies before, I'd recommend buying a sole pen that's more expensive from an art store or something. I can't remember the names of the ones i've got in particular but I remember them sticking to surfaces much better. Accidentally wipe sharpie ink as it's laid, that'll smudge right over.

I've had quite a few Steelbooks signed, all with Sharpies and I've not had any trouble. Thanks for the advice though.

• Thanks
Reactions: matthewtheunicorn
I know, that's why at first I was thinking about it, but the more I think about it the more I'm liking the uniqueness of it.

Are you going?

Passing for this year...The entry prices have gone up...This is cool for a trekkie

£35.00 - Walter Koenig Classic Enterprise Captain's Chair Green Screen Photo Session with collectors book - Friday 28th July 2017

Passing for this year...The entry prices have gone up...This is cool for a trekkie

£35.00 - Walter Koenig Classic Enterprise Captain's Chair Green Screen Photo Session with collectors book - Friday 28th July 2017
I might consider that, thanks. I think I'll look to see what they look like first, as I'm not really a fan of the original series.

• Thanks
Reactions: HUBMUSWELL