Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: March 6, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99
Notes: This steelbook has the title on the spine.

11355402-2804450968512937.jpg

11355402-2124450968749505.jpg
11355402-4354450969197693.jpg
11355402-6484450968333585.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, other european countries are often the ones who charge higher postage than is permitted on EBAY,
specifying higher charges than their listings actually display when you scroll further down their listings, usually around the 10 euro mark.

All countries are guilty of charging high postage, although there will always be instance of the costs being unavoidable. Anyone expecting to receive a steelbook with 99p p&p shouldn't be surprised to receive a damaged, badly packaged one.............

Reactions: lgans316
Actually, other european countries are often the ones who charge higher postage than is permitted on EBAY,
specifying higher charges than their listings actually display when you scroll further down their listings, usually around the 10 euro mark.

Why, what is permitted by eBay?

I don't go by eBay. I never knew there were limitations to what I'm supposed to charge on postage.

I go by my own Irish postal services charges displayed on their website. Which means I can't send a regular bare bones steelbook internationally for under €11 (with tracking) . And that's before ebay and Paypal take 14.4% of that, so that has to be added on too.

How can ebay tell you what to charge for shipping when every country has different rates? :confused:

Reactions: leelee17
For reasons unknown to myself, european sellers outside the UK often specify higher postage when you scroll down to the additional info provided, as opposed to the postage specified at the top of the listing. I have questioned this with european sellers in the past, who have said they have had to specify postage in this way as ebay will not permit them to charge a higher amount, which would imply ebay impose restrictions.

For reasons unknown to myself, european sellers outside the UK often specify higher postage when you scroll down to the additional info provided, as opposed to the postage specified at the top of the listing. I have questioned this with european sellers in the past, who have said they have had to specify postage in this way as ebay will not permit them to charge a higher amount, which would imply ebay impose restrictions.

Same thing happens to me when buying from UK ebay. Postage says £9.30. When I click on the ad postage changes to £15.40 or something like that. Sometimes it's even higher. It's not just EU ebays, it's all ebays.

I know ebay has a 'Global Shipping ' program where they set the costs. But it's only for select countries. For example, we don't have that option in Ireland.

And a real bummer for people who need to charge higher postage due to weight, size, etc as ebay clearly don't take these sort of factors into consideration and probably couldn't care less if sellers end up out of pocket.............

That happens once every 100 years.

If everyone starts charging 99p for postage then I am sure the world will be a better place lol.

You're really fixated on this 99p postage, huh? :rolleyes:

anyone have news when this is coming back in stock? or is this it, sold out? If so I will just get the Italian copy, same steel.

yes i know that but there is old saying horse and mouth.

or is it a case zavvi has bolted ;)

basil :thumbs:
No idea that is why members with any knowledge can post a message, so if you have nothing useful to say then don't say it lol. No disrespect my friend.

@chunk you where 100% correct did deserve a gloss finish :D

i finally had a go at glossing a steelbook now its not perfect as is my first go but i learnt quite a bit by having a go.
one major trick is once sprayed on cardboard in the garden bring in, in another box to let dry in the spare room unforunately i just sat with it while each coat went off for 15 mins. i did 2 coats for this steel but then left in the garden for a while that was my slight mistake as have got a odd bit of muck and in the gloss like few bits that are so tiny you have to be looking very close apart from that well happy and will now have to be going thru rest of my collection and do some more.
and if nothing else i prob own the only gloss version of this atm :drool::rofl:

i suggest you give it a go, don't think you will be disappointed with result.
anyway photos below taken with my phone so not brillant but good enough.

dr%20strange%20gloss%201.jpg

dr%20strange%20gloss%202.jpg

dr%20strange%20gloss%203.jpg

dr%20strange%20gloss%204.jpg

dr%20strange%20gloss%205.jpg

@chunk you where 100% correct did deserve a gloss finish :D

i finally had a go at glossing a steelbook now its not perfect as is my first go but i learnt quite a bit by having a go.
one major trick is once sprayed on cardboard in the garden bring in, in another box to let dry in the spare room unforunately i just sat with it while each coat went off for 15 mins. i did 2 coats for this steel but then left in the garden for a while that was my slight mistake as have got a odd bit of muck and in the gloss like few bits that are so tiny you have to be looking very close apart from that well happy and will now have to be going thru rest of my collection and do some more.
and if nothing else i prob own the only gloss version of this atm :drool::rofl:

i suggest you give it a go, don't think you will be disappointed with result.
anyway photos below taken with my phone so not brillant but good enough.

dr%20strange%20gloss%201.jpg

dr%20strange%20gloss%202.jpg

dr%20strange%20gloss%203.jpg

dr%20strange%20gloss%204.jpg

dr%20strange%20gloss%205.jpg

That was brave doing your first ever home gloss finish with a steelbook that is sold out:OMG::OMG:

It worked really well,it looks awesome basil, I love it:notworthy::notworthy::thumbs: makes me want to have a go at mine.. you've made a plain steel into something great:joy::thumbs:

Which gloss spray did you use?

• Thanks
Reactions: Basil
That was brave doing your first ever home gloss finish with a steelbook that is sold out:OMG::OMG:

It worked really well,it looks awesome basil, I love it:notworthy::notworthy::thumbs: makes me want to have a go at mine.. you've made a plain steel into something great:joy::thumbs:

Which gloss spray did you use?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004SNLNY2/?tag=hidefnin-21

£5 a can and british made as well :thumbs:

thought to myself just be brave and it all be ok plus makes you concentrate a little bit more as well :rofl: