Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: March 6, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99
Notes: This steelbook has the title on the spine.

11355402-2804450968512937.jpg

11355402-2124450968749505.jpg
11355402-4354450969197693.jpg
11355402-6484450968333585.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn it that thing is long:OMG: with the restock.
You know it wasn't 4 AM in the UK, right?
:thumbs:

I think the point was that even if they had waited until 9 am PST it would still only be 5 pm UK time, which would have made it more reasonable for both time zones. Considering that a large portion of Zavvi's Steelbook consumers are in the US, that doesn't seem that ridiculous. Or, since it was going to be at such a precarious time, maybe a little head's up from Zavvi for the rest of us, especially since they seem to be frequenting the forums now. I think it's just that the perception is that a large cross-section of dedicated patrons were given no consideration. Even if that is not the case, that is how it comes across.
IF you say that the most collector is in the USA then why is it Sold out, if all the collector does not get their copy so who bought them,Scalpers, yeah.But, do zavvi need to find out who bought their steel around the world, given that they sell world wide? NO, Do they have a collecting number as FAC, Blufans, Plain archive? NO.

Some says time need to be known in advance, they give a time on when you can pre-order it, and they will obviously stick to the 12:00 GMT to all their release, so keep track of the time, even when it restock.

To sum it up, if the USA is the "biggest" steel market then your neighbors may have step in before you:whistle:

OK, so this is a UK steelbook, sold by a UK retailer in the UK (with the option of international shipping). Why shouldn't they use an UK time for their schedules? Of course, it's unfortunate for some but I don't think you can blame @zavvi for catering to their region foremost?
:thumbs:So true:coffee:

I get the frustration, everyone should have equal chances of getting one.

But @SteelCollz said it best, Zavvi are as you said it a UK retailer and unlike any major US online retailer excluding Amazon, they don't even ship internationally or care for over-seas buyers. I would've loved Best Buy's Force Awakens steel, but they don't ship abroad and prices on eBay are outrageous.

Ultimately Zavvi can't cater for every US time zone, it would be unfair to do so for some and not for all.
YEAH thats it:thumbs:

Zavvi is a UK retailer
The steelbooks are UK releases as are other Blu-ray and Dvd releases

Zavvi website is UK registered in UK and Channel Islands
The USA and other European Zavvi websites only sell UK releases
It's the same website selling same steelbooks

You don't see USA Blu-ray releases on Zavvi USA website It's actually the UK website in dollars

It's just advertising and marketing tool to have prices show in various countries currencies and local language

Some products are not listed for sale that you see on UK and German site in other countries

This guy explain kind of the rest:thumbs::coffee: Big thanks

Last edited:
[/QUOTE]Just joking . . . but seriously not understanding why steels should be separated from j-cards / slipcovers as seems to me the best way is to keep them together in those poly bags or in those superior translucent slips/shells if only to get a quick reminder of all details of the film (including age guidance certifications . . . always useful if showing films to a younger audience).
I appreciate one shouldn't mention regular U.K. j-cards/slipcovers in the same breath as premium editions from EBlu and other premium retailers but can you imagine taking those steelbooks out of their packaging to put on display and bunging those fancy slipcovers, artcards etc. in shoeboxes. I think not :)[/QUOTE]

People keep them apart because they're only interested in the steelbook itself. People are more than welcome to value the package and art cards (prints of pictures you can easily find online but they can charge people through the nose for and some people go daft for) but i'd say more people just care about the steelbook.

I dragged my heels on this one initially and missed out the first time around, so I got a copy from Amazon Italy. It only cost me £2.00 more than this one for what is an identical steelbook, other than the titleless spine on my copy. I received the Zavvi restock notification whilst waiting for my copy from Italy, which was a little annoying, to be honest but I 've got a copy and that's all that matters to me.
By the way, has anybody else viewed this in 3D yet? It is AWESOME!!!!!!

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
I dragged my heels on this one initially and missed out the first time around, so I got a copy from Amazon Italy. It only cost me £2.00 more than this one for what is an identical steelbook, other than the titleless spine on my copy. I received the Zavvi restock notification whilst waiting for my copy from Italy, which was a little annoying, to be honest but I 've got a copy and that's all that matters to me.
By the way, has anybody else viewed this in 3D yet? It is AWESOME!!!!!!
Gonna give it a spin tonight (3D)

I'd already read that the use of 3D in this was very smart and really added to the film. So I can't wait to see this for the first time.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: chunk
How much was the postage cost? £10 or more?

UK postage was £3 which is fine. Not sure about overseas postage which could be £10 as that it what is costs by tracked and signed delivery. What were you expecting?/99p lol.

BTW 2 Kg costs £17 to ship to Europe via Parcel force insured for £150. So more the merrier when it comes to postage.

Postage for single item will be expensive even If the Steelbook is £1.

UK postage was £3 which is fine. Not sure about overseas postage which could be £10 as that it what is costs by tracked and signed delivery. What were you expecting?/99p lol.

BTW 2 Kg costs £17 to ship to Europe via Parcel force insured for £150. So more the merrier when it comes to postage.

Postage for single item will be expensive even If the Steelbook is £1.

Yes. I was expecting £1 or less o_O

I just wish life was fair to everyone and everyone can offer 99p shipping. I am sure when you setup your own store, you will be generous enough to ship for 99p. :rofl:

Everyone can offer 99p shipping but most people want to get more money. Like it or not they make money on shipping, too.
If I'd set up my own store, I'd offer free shipping worldwide with tracking except for UK - they would have to pay £15 for shipping without tracking. £30 with tracking :rolleyes::)

Everyone can offer 99p shipping but most people want to get more money. Like it or not they make money on shipping, too.
If I'd set up my own store, I'd offer free shipping worldwide with tracking except for UK - they would have to pay £15 for shipping without tracking. £30 with tracking :rolleyes::)

Maybe you are stuck with the minority of the sellers who charges high postage to ship overseas. :)

When it comes to Royal Mail, the price is set depending upon the weight range (0-250,251-500,501-750,751-1000,1001-1250,1251-1500,1501-1750,1751-2000).

For importers, the postage is going to be high at least for the first 750 grams.

With these premium editions, each one weighs around 450 grams, which means the net weight is going to be between 501-750 grams, which means those outside Europe end up paying 2-3 GBP more. Sadly nothing can be done about this. It is like Chinese Vs. Indians bargaining (Russell Peters). Chinese won't give you a bargain and Indians won't leave without a bargain. :)