harry

Premium Supporter
Nov 12, 2012
Release date: End of August, 2017
Group Buy: hosted by cooey
One Click x 60 $180
Double Lenti x 26 $69
Single Lenti x 18 $64
Notes: 2 discs WEA release (3D+BD). Limited to 2000 copies.
Double Lenti, Single Lenti and 1/4 slip editions (1/4 slip only available in the One Click)

Release update from Blufans -

The single lenti will be out around August 21st.
The double lenti will be out a week after it.
The 1 click will be out in early Sept.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got to remember that HDN is not the primary site for BF releases. On the Other forum Kevin hosts the main GBs for BF releases and anyone can join the GB there regardless.

I understand if people don't want to register for another site to get their releases but a lot of people there put in a lot of time and effort to UP (pun) their BF intake by doing so.

There is no guarantee there to get a spot on a GB. The VIP status is for those who have bought a certain amount over the years and this system is going to be revamped into a tier system shortly.

If you have a lot of BF releases you can take advantage of getting releases there by asking for VIP status and securing a copy else take the chance on GB day which still normally has more copies than here.

The VIP system here proposed is like the class system to me.

Wow, wearing that Walmart shirt, walking into Target.

Well if Blufans just used their god damn website. Go onto it, give it a browse and the first thing you'll think is "Well this is a pretty fine site...why the hell don't they use this". Seems a waste in my opinion, why bothering setting it up when it works, like the mondo Avengers one and then never use it again? I paid for it, I received it, the entire system was fine.

Doctor Strange Web Page - "Only 1 per person. Those exceeding the quantity will automatically have them removed at the checkout"

Easy...

Well if Blufans just used their god damn website. Go onto it, give it a browse and the first thing you'll think is "Well this is a pretty fine site...why the hell don't they use this". Seems a waste in my opinion, why bothering setting it up when it works, like the mondo Avengers one and then never use it again? I paid for it, I received it, the entire system was fine.

Doctor Strange Web Page - "Only 1 per person. Those exceeding the quantity will automatically have them removed at the checkout"

Easy...

Easy...

which site?

Easy...

likely licensing constraints due to territories.

What exactly do you get from upgrading to VIP? Is it early access to all GBs? Some? Early access to pre-orders on websites? I have been a part of the forums for a few years, and quite a few GBs....have seen VIP mentioned, but never saw a description of what happens when you upgrade?

likely licensing constraints due to territories.

How so? What do you think is part of that in your opinion? I mean when they did the Avengers one it was...

Marvel + Disney + Mondo + from China yet in the end it still happened.

Doctor Strange and the like are part of Marvel still and even Civil War was put on the site (from what I can see) sooner or later so I just don't understand how it could be licensing issues. I'm not saying it's not a problem or that no problems exist I just think it's stuff which they could easily get around eventually if they looked into it but it feels like they don't care. It's a waste of their website in my opinion because it's not bad, it's like building a boat and never setting sail with it..

A lot of licenses are based on per Country/territory. Film agents distribute films from the USA. So any titles that are from the big 6 go from USA to the sales agents who put them with distribution Companies in other markets. There are a few rare exceptions where the studio in question has a base in that Country and thus they deal with it themselves. Sony USA, Sony UK for example. Over the past few years some of the bigger studios have contracted that out. Example, Intersteller is a Paramount film and Paramount controls it in the USA but yet they let WB distribute it throughout the other territories almost exclusively.

Point being all that **** above is serious business. When you deal with licensing agreements (which I have for multiple Companies) you are told or asked of which Territory it will be for. If you want Global then the person/Company you are dealing with has to be able to even provide that to begin with ......... if they can, then the deal , term etc, is super expensive so you better be doing a big deal.

Also you have to put in your agreement WHERE you plan to make your sales. ie. web addresses.

One might want to point to Zavvi selling world wide with Disney for instance , but I almost wonder if that is a case more so of just Zavvi allowing Disney to sell via their channel as then Disney is still in control and Zavvi just getting their cut. Disney is known in the world of licensing as the most expensive for royalty rate (if doing y our own product) and the hardest to even get to work with .... they dont just match their brand up with just anyone. There is always good reason, and good vetting. Of course Zavvi is part of THG and they are freakin huge so they got the weight to get long term Contracts done that benefit them.

and of course I have other thoughts and intel , but there are spies around these parts who like to try and twist what I say and I'm not trying to say anything bad at all to begin with.

ps. I dont count the Mondo X ... based on private intel.

What about when a boat is built and put in a bottle?
giphy.gif

:LOL:

-------------------------------------------
As for not selling (much) on their site, I wouldn't be surprised if there are licensing issues as @Wreck detailed above, but I also think it may just be a case of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." They seem to sell nearly every title out with their current system; why take on the headache that accompanies dealing directly with individual orders and customers? I'm sure they'd rather just take a $20k lump sum for a bulk order than receive 350 individual payments.

What exactly do you get from upgrading to VIP? Is it early access to all GBs? Some? Early access to pre-orders on websites? I have been a part of the forums for a few years, and quite a few GBs....have seen VIP mentioned, but never saw a description of what happens when you upgrade?

We dont have a VIP system here, we currently only have a Premium Member sub and it does not get you early access to blufans GBs. The VIP talk is in reference to another site in which the GB host does a VIP system where if you prove and show that you have like a lot of blufans editions (cant recall how many, 40+?) then you get VIP access to order early.

There's a lot more VIPs now and more coming and thus when everyone is VIP then you still got VIPs missing out. I guess that is why there is talk about a 2nd tier group.

That's the skuttlebutt I hear. I stick to this site so im like an ostrich so just simply repeating what i hear from others.

https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/ninja-membership-premium-subscription.8259/

that is our info thread, and at NO TIME did anyone from HDN staff talk about blufans titles in our prem. sub section or if we ever make a 2nd tier etc.

that OFFICIAL info would not be found buried in a blufans or any other steel thread but instead an official announcement would be made in the Announcement forum and we can link to that in other forums.

Reactions: Derek
A lot of licenses are based on per Country/territory. Film agents distribute films from the USA. So any titles that are from the big 6 go from USA to the sales agents who put them with distribution Companies in other markets. There are a few rare exceptions where the studio in question has a base in that Country and thus they deal with it themselves. Sony USA, Sony UK for example. Over the past few years some of the bigger studios have contracted that out. Example, Intersteller is a Paramount film and Paramount controls it in the USA but yet they let WB distribute it throughout the other territories almost exclusively.

Point being all that **** above is serious business. When you deal with licensing agreements (which I have for multiple Companies) you are told or asked of which Territory it will be for. If you want Global then the person/Company you are dealing with has to be able to even provide that to begin with ......... if they can, then the deal , term etc, is super expensive so you better be doing a big deal.

Also you have to put in your agreement WHERE you plan to make your sales. ie. web addresses.

One might want to point to Zavvi selling world wide with Disney for instance , but I almost wonder if that is a case more so of just Zavvi allowing Disney to sell via their channel as then Disney is still in control and Zavvi just getting their cut. Disney is known in the world of licensing as the most expensive for royalty rate (if doing y our own product) and the hardest to even get to work with .... they dont just match their brand up with just anyone. There is always good reason, and good vetting. Of course Zavvi is part of THG and they are freakin huge so they got the weight to get long term Contracts done that benefit them.

and of course I have other thoughts and intel , but there are spies around these parts who like to try and twist what I say and I'm not trying to say anything bad at all to begin with.

ps. I dont count the Mondo X ... based on private intel.

image.gif

image.gif

giphy.gif

:LOL:

-------------------------------------------
As for not selling (much) on their site, I wouldn't be surprised if there are licensing issues as @Wreck detailed above, but I also think it may just be a case of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." They seem to sell nearly every title out with their current system; why take on the headache that accompanies dealing directly with individual orders and customers? I'm sure they'd rather just take a $20k lump sum for a bulk order than receive 350 individual payments.

;)

Who is that?

We dont have a VIP system here, we currently only have a Premium Member sub and it does not get you early access to blufans GBs. The VIP talk is in reference to another site in which the GB host does a VIP system where if you prove and show that you have like a lot of blufans editions (cant recall how many, 40+?) then you get VIP access to order early.

There's a lot more VIPs now and more coming and thus when everyone is VIP then you still got VIPs missing out. I guess that is why there is talk about a 2nd tier group.

That's the skuttlebutt I hear. I stick to this site so im like an ostrich so just simply repeating what i hear from others.

https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/ninja-membership-premium-subscription.8259/

that is our info thread, and at NO TIME did anyone from HDN staff talk about blufans titles in our prem. sub section or if we ever make a 2nd tier etc.

that OFFICIAL info would not be found buried in a blufans or any other steel thread but instead an official announcement would be made in the Announcement forum and we can link to that in other forums.
thank you! That answer went above and beyond. I rarely check out the other site, so my question was concerning the upgrade here. Which you answered!

This is the first BF GB I had attempted. The other non-BFs I was in, I had no problem with. And I have been quite fortunate on Kimchi and NovaMedia pre-orders via their website. This was the first time I had to sweat one out.
So anyhoo, I was just curious for down the road. I will check out the link. Thanks again!

• Thanks
Reactions: apsmith21 and Wreck