harry

Premium Supporter
Nov 12, 2012
Release date: End of August, 2017
Group Buy: hosted by cooey
One Click x 60 $180
Double Lenti x 26 $69
Single Lenti x 18 $64
Notes: 2 discs WEA release (3D+BD). Limited to 2000 copies.
Double Lenti, Single Lenti and 1/4 slip editions (1/4 slip only available in the One Click)

Release update from Blufans -

The single lenti will be out around August 21st.
The double lenti will be out a week after it.
The 1 click will be out in early Sept.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
People over complicate situations. It is really all very simple;

If you are only allowed ONE copy per member then you are only allowed one copy per member.

If you are allowed more than one copy then you are allowed more than one copy... and that isn't scalping, that is your entitlement.

If you are only allowed one copy per member and you have multiple accounts to retrieve more than one copy then that's down to your morals.
It isn't illegal, it isn't enforecable, it isn't anybody's fault. If the forum cannot stop this then it is simply 'tough luck'.

I personally cannot afford more than one copy of a one click at any one time but to those that can then you simply cannot get around it. This debate could go on forever
when people miss out on something but until there is a solid real solution then there's no point wasting your time losing sleep over it. Just enjoy the GB's for what they are
and the guys that host them seem to get a lot of stick over it once people realise they have missed out. Uh-uh... again, it's your own fault or simply 'bad luck'.
I have missed out on GB's because I have either forgotten about them or I simply could not afford it at the time. Is it right to direct that blame to somebody else? No way.
Have I ever missed out because I was late to the party? No I haven't, and that is down to planning. If you know you cannot obtain one for whatever reason then once again
it is simply 'bad luck'.

The reason for the low print run is a strategic business move on blufan's part.

It generates an awfully large amount of hype and therefore worry from consumers about being able to cop.

Let's say with the high demand and low supply, this reaches high secondary market numbers, suddenly the next five blufans releases sell out much faster with people being afraid to miss out.

It's good for their brand to be known as the ones who "sell out in seconds". I'm sure you've already seen scared members discuss "GOTG Vol 2" and "Rogue One".

The reason for the low print run is a strategic business move on blufan's part.

It generates an awfully large amount of hype and therefore worry from consumers about being able to cop.

Let's say with the high demand and low supply, this reaches high secondary market numbers, suddenly the next five blufans releases sell out much faster with people being afraid to miss out.

It's good for their brand to be known as the ones who "sell out in seconds". I'm sure you've already seen scared members discuss "GOTG Vol 2" and "Rogue One".

I don't think that Blufans intended to create a hype for their brand. It is simply not necessary at all. If they were able to increase the print run afterwards, they would have done so. They have already done it for other releases. It is also already known that the print run for GOTG 2 and Rogue One will be higher, so nobody has to fear to miss out on those.

• Thanks
Reactions: Robsonmonkey
I don't think that Blufans intended to create a hype for their brand. It is simply not necessary at all. If they were able to increase the print run afterwards, they would have done so. They have already done it for other releases. It is also already known that the print run for GOTG 2 and Rogue One will be higher, so nobody has to fear to miss out on those.
I hope some resellers miss out

I do apologize if you feel I was belittling someone. I was merely stating my personal opinion and not in any way represent the view of HDN. I am not encouraging hoarding or scalping but it is part of collecting something. You have to learn to deal with it.

What I stated was constructive criticism. I was criticizing his negative attitude of complaining about hoarding and double dipping. Nothing else.

I appreciate the apology :thumbs:. Whilst I do think it's kinda hypocritical to state one opinion and then criticize someone else for sharing their (different) opinion, BluSteel is cool with your reply and I'm sure it was out of character - so I'm cool too :cool:.

Anyway hopefully the future GBs won't use this allocation method again so there won't be a repeat of the struggles people have had this time.

Kevin is going to be going through the lists and updating them some time this coming week, I've seen at least one member grabbing all of the items and a couple others grabbing some as well. I've nothing against someone after the single and double lenticular editions but not if they grabbed the box as well. I only went for the one-click, refreshed the screen, put in my request on the hour and was already the 39th post, just mental.

I don't know why Blufans upped the run on One Clicks and didn't stick to a pervious formula?

If the OC is reduced by 100 that would be a potential 300 people happy instead of 100 who maybe are not entirely happy with something they didn't really want.

Could be manufacturing demand on the box itself. I know they are looking to go away completely from the gift boxes of the past so who knows maybe they had to do 500 boxes ... or maybe even doing say 400 or 300 boxes but paying the cost of 500 was detrimental to overall cost for people. no telling.

Might make a little difference but not much. Someone on this very page has the one click ordered through Kevin and other copies in another GB elsewhere, He's not alone either.

The only way that would stop is if the person at Blufans who collates the orders from the various GBs looks at it and says 'Nope, one person - one product, no multiples'. Blufans as a business will never do it as all they care about are the $$$ rolling in. As a company they won't care who gets whatever quantity, just as long as it sells.

Speaking of which, I have no doubt they had the option to do a 4000 print run of this, but were also given the option for a 2500 print run and went with it knowing it would be highly popular and would be a definite sell out, creating buzz etc for the next run of products (GOTG 2, Rogue One, Beauty and the Beast, etc)

Kevin said on the other site earlier........

Dear members:

Please don't send me anymore requests for Dr. Strange at the moment because I have more than 100 members on the wait list. Even with deleting some of duplicates, only managed to free up about 20 of the single editions. I don't know how should I fulfill all of them. the situation bothers me a lot lately. I would like to make everyone here happy; on the other hand, it is impossible!

Here is the possible solution to satisfy all and of course it is only a presumption for all to discuss. I can push for a Blufans re-release of BE#42
Dr. Strange with a whole new design of WEA steelbook, also with 2K run.

If you are all for it, I will try my best to make it happen!

THANKS!

Dear members:

Please don't send me anymore requests for Dr. Strange at the moment because I have more than 100 members on the wait list. Even with deleting some of duplicates, only managed to free up about 20 of the single editions. I don't know how should I fulfill all of them. the situation bothers me a lot lately. I would like to make everyone here happy; on the other hand, it is impossible!

Here is the possible solution to satisfy all and of course it is only a presumption for all to discuss. I can push for a Blufans re-release of BE#42

THANKS!

On one hand that would be cool to get another edition, but same situation would happen and might even get worse.

It would be a slippery slope if Blufans start doing re-releases of their Marvel Titles.

Pretty certain even the people that missed out wouldn't want a second best option?

If I missed out on a release and there would be another edition for ''the same title by the same retailer'' afterwards,
now most probably I would have to still grab both editions(if I wanted the first edition in the first place).
So in this situation as I see it, it would just make things worse :blackeye:
...and also collectors would become wary of this retailer for future releases...after all, most collectors do appreciate some exclusivity of a Title.

I think Bumping Up the Print run from 2000 to 3500 As they are doing with GOTG VOL.2, is best possible scenario.

• Thanks
Reactions: Lionet and chunk

Dear members:

THANKS!

And what if the same people miss out again? Just increase the print run on this release if people are kicking up that much...or just ignore them, this is meant to be a limited collectible after all (2000 is hardly limited anyway)

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo