Doctor Strange (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #149) [Czech Republic]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: October 25, 2017 (Standard) - FAC TBA
Purchase links: Standard - FAC Edition 1 - Edition 2
Price: 799 CZK (Standard) - 1099 CZK (E1) - 1199 CZK (E2)
Group buy: hosted by carllenc Edition 1 - Edition 2
Note: E1 Full Slip Slim + Lenticular 3D Magnet 601 copies - E2 Lenticular 3D Full Slip Slim 601 copies - Hardbox 2 x slim gift for purchasing both single editions E1 + E2

84470D51-EAEB-412D-B1B7-1D0C21A9A6E9.jpeg8470C96A-76A5-40E7-AF9B-648BC8C43973.jpeg68E04E5D-ED18-4E58-ABB0-9FA231F8EE9D.jpeg
21768583_1518339094949728_4316702792414435378_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
To Finland :

Attachments

• Sieppaa.JPG
    Sieppaa.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 114
  • Sieppaa2.JPG
    Sieppaa2.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 120
Thanks for that mate.

2 thoughts.

It’s an error on FA’s part..... with the added VAT and the understandable increase in postage due to customs yada yada, in no way does it constitute over a near 200% markup on postage. Think about it, that sort of price increase is beyond anything any country in the world would charge. Just not logical.

2nd thought.. FA have increased the price based on added paperwork to cover the SMALL additional cost to them and then some. Of which, with a very significant amount of their FAC customer base being from the U.K so in turn they would lose a lot of customers I think.

Suppose we will have to watch this space.

I think they may have to think about more allowances for the GBs, which is good for us ninjas no matter where you are from
FA doesn't care if the UK customers lose!
I have already read some negative things about FA in various forums in Germany.
They even did without various large dealers in Germany.
why shouldn't they forego customers from the uk?

To Finland :
Forgive my ignorance but is Finland fully in the EU or same sort of status like Norway?

600 odd czk is expensive yes, but not anywhere near the U.K. postage

Either way their near 200% mark up on postage to U.K. is no way justified regardless of brexit etc. It really isn’t. I’ve only ever bought from FA direct once a long time ago for Venom and that was 432 czk - a little bit of inflation plus added brexit related additional costs which was obviously anticipated still in no way justifies that cost they are quoting now.

If Royal Mail can post from here to Czech for £15 ( Fact ) I’m sure the Czech postal services can do the same back to the U.K. for near the same price. And they can, I’ve checked.

Think FA need to rethink their postage services going forward. Could be DHL just taking the piss because of Brexit & covid.

Or it could be FA being greedy. They ain’t known for their charity! :LOL:

@Steelselecta Oh, shame on you, you ignorant ... :rofl:

Finland is a full member in EU, like UK was. Norway has it's own deal.

...and btw, I just received, an hour ago, note from customs, "you have received a parcel from UK etc etc etc ... pay the customs if it's over 22 euros..." :mad: Probably Zavvi's The Crash, how do I know, I don't - this is a mess ...

• Haha
Reactions: Steelselecta
Forgive my ignorance but is Finland fully in the EU or same sort of status like Norway?

600 odd czk is expensive yes, but not anywhere near the U.K. postage

Either way their near 200% mark up on postage to U.K. is no way justified regardless of brexit etc. It really isn’t. I’ve only ever bought from FA direct once a long time ago for Venom and that was 432 czk - a little bit of inflation plus added brexit related additional costs which was obviously anticipated still in no way justifies that cost they are quoting now.

If Royal Mail can post from here to Czech for £15 ( Fact ) I’m sure the Czech postal services can do the same back to the U.K. for near the same price. And they can, I’ve checked.

Think FA need to rethink their postage services going forward. Could be DHL just taking the piss because of Brexit & covid.

Or it could be FA being greedy. They ain’t known for their charity! :LOL:

why don't you just ask them directly, then you'll know more

FA doesn't care if the UK customers lose!
I have already read some negative things about FA in various forums in Germany.
They even did without various large dealers in Germany.
why shouldn't they forego customers from the uk?
My god, your anti U.K. vibe really shines through doesn’t it.

If you read my posts IN context you’ll see the business sense I’m making. A significant amount of purchases are from the U.K. and Europe. If what you say about Germany is true with regards to FA ( read it in a forum must be true :rolleyes: :LOL: ) and now the U.K., it will be a negative thing for ALL !

Not trying in anyway to big up the U.K. but the truth is countries like Germany & the U.K. are big players. That’s a fact, not patriotic nonsense, just a fact.

Thanks for that mate.

2 thoughts.

It’s an error on FA’s part..... with the added VAT and the understandable increase in postage due to customs yada yada, in no way does it constitute over a near 200% markup on postage. Think about it, that sort of price increase is beyond anything any country in the world would charge. Just not logical.

2nd thought.. FA have increased the price based on added paperwork to cover the SMALL additional cost to them and then some. Of which, with a very significant amount of their FAC customer base being from the U.K so in turn they would lose a lot of customers I think.

Suppose we will have to watch this space.

I think they may have to think about more allowances for the GBs, which is good for us ninjas no matter where you are from
No worries mate, I am hoping it is an error as otherwise I won't be getting the Doctor Strange and Civil War Pre Orders next week.
I have emailed FAC but no response yet. I did get a steelbook off Karel this week shipped for 440czk so it's not as if FAC cannot do it cheaper.
Going direct will not be an option if prices down come down especially as multi slips, boxes and or maniacs boxes will attract further costs when they arrive in UK.
I guess we will see on Monday night when collectable number pre orders start.

@Steelselecta Oh, shame on you, you ignorant ... :rofl:

Finland is a full member in EU, like UK was. Norway has it's own deal.

...and btw, I just received, an hour ago, note from customs, "you have received a parcel from UK etc etc etc ... pay the customs if it's over 22 euros..." :mad: Probably Zavvi's The Crash, how do I know, I don't - this is a mess ...
I could of googled it, but I’m from an older generation and believe in finding out for myself so thought I would ask you direct Well that’s my excuse anyway :LOL:

Sucks about the customs pal, but that was the point I was making, it going to affect all of us.

Just not goading people about it like some in here....

No worries mate, I am hoping it is an error as otherwise I won't be getting the Doctor Strange and Civil War Pre Orders next week.
I have emailed FAC but no response yet. I did get a steelbook off Karel this week shipped for 440czk so it's not as if FAC cannot do it cheaper.
Going direct will not be an option if prices down come down especially as multi slips, boxes and or maniacs boxes will attract further costs when they arrive in UK.
I guess we will see on Monday night when collectable number pre orders start.
Exactly, I think they may pushing their luck a bit.

Time will tell I suppose

My god, your anti U.K. vibe really shines through doesn’t it.

If you read my posts IN context you’ll see the business sense I’m making. A significant amount of purchases are from the U.K. and Europe. If what you say about Germany is true with regards to FA ( read it in a forum must be true :rolleyes: :LOL: ) and now the U.K., it will be a negative thing for ALL !

Not trying in anyway to big up the U.K. but the truth is countries like Germany & the U.K. are big players. That’s a fact, not patriotic nonsense, just a fact.
if you feel attacked then apologize, it was nothing personal,
I just wanted to tell you that Fa is how he is!
and that about the dealers in germany is not just a read but a fact

(thinking out loud)

...then again. Brits dropping out FAC deals when release numbers are low, chances of meandmyself go up ... Hmmm ... keep it up FA ...

Attachments

• gratis-png-mike-myers-como-dr-malvado-dr-poderes-malvados-de-austin-el-espia-que-me-follaba-ma...png
    gratis-png-mike-myers-como-dr-malvado-dr-poderes-malvados-de-austin-el-espia-que-me-follaba-ma...png
    51.2 KB · Views: 51
Given we don't get any XL full slip, do you know exactly how to get the hardbox? I just put both slips in the basket, pay them and that's it? :dizzy:
Did we get a date for the preorder? :oohyeah::oohyeah::oohyeah:

Given we don't get any XL full slip, do you know exactly how to get the hardbox? I just put both slips in the basket, pay them and that's it? :dizzy:
Did we get a date for the preorder? :oohyeah::oohyeah::oohyeah:

From OP : Hardbox 2 x slim gift for purchasing both single editions E1 + E2

IMO you got it.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: maygear
...then again. Brits dropping out FAC deals when release numbers are low, chances of meandmyself go up ... Hmmm ... keep it up FA ...
Brits will still buy them though.
Some may drop out but not everybody earns the same amount, people live to their means and so a rise may not affect most people at all. You will still have those people who missed out on previous releases i.e. Kimchi & Blufans, or new collectors, who will grab this regardless. If people really want a release they find a way to get it. Doctor Strange for example is notably a difficult premium to obtain as it stands.
For other FAC releases in general people will just now budget for them better.

Brits will still buy them though.
Some may drop out but not everybody earns the same amount, people live to their means and so a rise may not affect most people at all. You will still have those people who missed out on previous releases i.e. Kimchi & Blufans, or new collectors, who will grab this regardless. If people really want a release they find a way to get it. Doctor Strange for example is notably a difficult premium to obtain as it stands.
For other FAC releases in general people will just now budget for them better.

I know, I know. I was just kidding, you know ... I would love to get this FA if I didn't already have Blufan's premium and Z's lenti. Yes' BF's premium. :naughty: :rofl:

Reactions: St4rlord
been reading the comments i'm in uk
so went on filmarena website for a look put single edition in basket and postage to uk was indeed 1366 czk roughly 46 quid

• Informative
I know, I know. I was just kidding, you know ... I would love to get this FA if I didn't already have Blufan's premium and Z's lenti. Yes' BF's premium. :naughty: :rofl:
Got to say, all the hype for the doctor strange premiums baffles me a bit IMHO. I like a premium as much as next person, and true they are very nice editions, but ultimately it’s always about the movie for me and I think dr strange was average at best. Quite a forgetful movie really I think...